Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool sat 5.30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Martin Tyler thought Marital's goal was better that Benteke's? Anyone agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

doc_17 wrote: »
    Nonsense. Benteke's goal was far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

LOUIS VAN GAAL'S ARMY!!!!
    LOUIS VAN GAAL'S ARMY!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

blueser wrote: »
    At least we now know who Martin Tyler supports.

He "Supports" whichever club is playing who have the most supporters watching. Always has done

When he's commentating on Liverpool -v- Norwich next weekend, he'll show the same favoritism for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sand wrote: »
    I'm not saying he is the second coming of Jesus Christ. I'm saying it changes the media narrative of him being a shocking waste of money. I'm delighted for him - a big weight of the shoulders of a young player. Hopefully he builds on it.

I dunno when the media can say that when they've probably never seen him play more than a handful of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

From a technical standpoint its not even close. But from a narrative standpoint, Martials is far superior. Benteke's wont matter at the end of today. Martials will.

I'd rather watch Benteke's a over and over though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Bastian has been brilliant today. Get the **** in,now to have a few drinks too celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Benteke's was a fluke.

Shinned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

get in brilliant 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tyler celebrated that like it was a league winner.

Please let be this the result that sees the back of that cowardly fraud Rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Paully D wrote: »
    He supports Woking.
    As well as. Benteke's goal was far better, yet he didn't wet himself over that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Overall United dominated, Liverpool tried to strangle the game playing deep. A good free kick broke through, and after that Liverpool had no answer to Uniteds quality. Good result.

United have put 8 goals past Liverpool in the last three games and haven't dropped a single point against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Taking out the two individual pieces of magic from Benteke and Martial...neither team particularly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Wonder where this ranks on Brendan's list of outstanding defeats?

I thought Benteke's one was better. Martial's goal, while good, was a mixture of good skill, a lucky bounce and Skrtel being Skrtel. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Reminds me of the joke about the guy who put down on his CV that his hobby was 'marital arts'.

GGMU GTFI

Scrap the cap!

Right on City's coattails. It should be a good title race between us both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I'm still almost speechless after Benteke's strike and then Henry comes out of retirement!!??

Second half was scrappy but exciting, more than made up for the first.

The look on Carraghers face lol.

I hate this new trend of comparing current players to past players.

"Oh that goal was Henry-esque"

Martial scored it. Not Henry. Can people not just appreciate the player in front of them rather then comparing them to past players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Jaysus sky are doing their very best to hype that rubbish. A woeful Liverpool beaten by a slightly less woeful United.

Post match analysis will ram down people's necks how Martial is the next Henry. Create new stars seems to be the memo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

2nd half was light years ahead of the 1st. Goal of the Season so for for Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

The best thing about that game for Liverpool fans is it cranks up the pressure some more on Rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

At least Liverpool arent fighting for their PL survival unlike Chelsea

At least thats a positive

Still though, looking at the table it's not Liverpool I'm laughing at, it's Chelsea :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Excellent performances from Smalling, Blind, Shaw and Schweini. The Martial goal was a total bonus. Great result and important to bounce back from the Swansea result going into the Champions League week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Game of two halves eh!

At HT I thought this would fade off to a 0-0, how wrong was I. It's a bit mad now how all the talk will be about Martial's goal, when Benteke's was just superb. But simply the fact that Martial scored is the big story, on his debut against Liverpool, and it wasn't a bad goal itself.

The longer he went without scoring the more the public and media would have been on his back, especially given his price tag. Delighted he got that goal, and one he made himself too. That should give him the world of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

blueser wrote: »
    As well as. Benteke's goal was far better, yet he didn't wet himself over that goal.

If you don't understand why any commentator would react the same you have no business watching football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That_Guy wrote: »

Martial scored it. Not Henry. Can people not just appreciate the player in front of them rather then comparing them to past players.

They are just comparing the style of play and ability, rather than saying the player is the new Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Fully deserved win for United by far the superior team.Liverpool came and let United do what they wanted in the first half.Pool were second best all across the field.No creativity at all in that set op.
    Benteke's goal was excellent bar that he did nothing,the CB's kept him very quiet.

Martials goal was very well taken,a great way to make his debut.I thought Bastian was superb,full of running,commanded the center.Very intelligent footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Utd had 3 shots on target last season too if i remember

Congrats to Utd. No complaints with that result

M!Ck^ wrote: »

He's got to be given more time at least 1 or more 2 seasons and then he'll have them competing for a Europa spot. In Brentan we trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Benteke's goal being made utterly redundant, so quick was nice.

• Advertisement

"Tonight I shall have dinner at Wing's."

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't complain. Although we still need to improve

Will take that today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

Jaysus sky are doing their very best to hype that rubbish. A woeful Liverpool beaten by a slightly less woeful United.

Agreed, was a dreadful game of football, the score line makes it seem far better than it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Hopefully a Liverpool win to shut up the ***** in the United thread, the **** in the ****ford end, Sir whiskey nose, the fat head granny shagger, bastard schweinsteiger, Rat face Neville, ginger pubes Scholes, Louis Van Gak, Paddy the prick Crerand, Martin Tyler, and Remi Moses.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyylmao

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Advertisement

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Congrats to Utd. No complaints with that result

Please abuse us with you other account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Poor first half but bit better second half. Liverpool just tried for 0-0 but after the first goal, game opened up a bit.

Still boring game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Good to see two upfront.
    But packing 3 in the middle left things narrow.

Emre Candsome is sloppy, but I still have hope for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Ah Herrrera lad you would have to be Blind of you don't think benteke's goal was some sort of an illegal Martial arts kick ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

• Brendan the character talking some ****e as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Brendan the character talking some ****e as usual

They all talk bollox in fairness. Your man was singing last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tap in? Lol I love the Internet! New overpriced wonderkid scores the sealer at the Stretford end.

My father is the Pope and Trevor Francis played for Ireland. Terry Wogan is addicted to marshmallows and my girlfriend chews giraffe eye lids.

Brendan the character talking some ****e as usual

He said the penalty for the second one was "debatable"... Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

That_Guy wrote: »

Hate to be that_guy but.......
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76404603&postcount=1923

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement