Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool sat 5.30

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Trilla wrote: »

There's a difference between a dive and what Young did imo.

It used to be very hard to explain this to United fans when Suarez did it. So glad it's seems to have gotten through. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Very enjoyable second half. I wish LVG could face Rodgers every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Sometimes a person would feel sorry for rodgers. It seems the longer he is a premiership manager, the less he looks like he belongs there. His tactics, substitutions and even excuses used to be better. I'm not complaining though and hope he stays at liverpool for a long time more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Grayditch wrote: »
    It was definitely a hilarious dive, but it was definitely a foul. So it doesn't reallt matter. Just Young adding to his reputation when he didn't need to.

I don't get this. It's like people have accepted that defenders should be allowed a certain amount of crafty play whereas attackers shouldn't.

Carragher was going on about it yesterday. He said that Clyne has just put his arm across to block Young's run which all defenders should do when they are being turned. Eh, no Jamie, they shouldn't. If they get away with it, happy days, but if the ref calls a foul you have to accept it.

Young exagerrated the contact but even Carragher, in his staunch defence of Clyne, inadvertantly acknowledged that there was a foul. Have a look at it again. Arm goes out to prevent progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It used to be very hard to explain this to United fans when Suarez did it. So glad it's seems to have gotten through. :pac:

Both Young and Suarez have been guilty of diving. When I say diving I mean diving, as in untouched. I don't get into the whole your fans my fans shíte so meh meh

Damien Duff was excellent at winning freekicks, drawing fouls and going down when he had to.

Sometimes a person would feel sorry for rodgers. It seems the longer he is a premiership manager, the less he looks like he belongs there. His tactics, substitutions and even excuses used to be better. I'm not complaining though and hope he stays at liverpool for a long time more

Believe me, ya can't feel sorry for someone for very long, who looks like they refuse to take an ounce of the blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Ah the morning after a victory over Liverpool. Dont even need my usual 2 sugars in my tea this morning, its been sweetened enough by the tears of Liverpool supporters.

Its sad to say but yes "diving is part of the game" now. Its almost a tactic in itself... a skill. Sadly a skill that Ashley Young is fairly **** at and thats the only reason for his "reputation". If he was a bit smarter about it, not as blatant and flying squirrel like as he has been described (made me almost spit my tea out btw) he wouldnt have this reputation.
    A lot of people would talk about Leo Messi and how he is a great modern pro and uses skill and doesnt dive. He dives, they all dive. Acting coaches will become a thing in the next 50 years of professional football, save this post. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Right on City's coattails. It should be a good title race between us both.

hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I dont blame Liverpool fans for being sore over that game.It was a complete mismatch ,United dominated all over the pitch and never looked in any real trouble.Rodgers did everything wrong yesterday but thats a regular occurrence for him.Liverpool came to their biggest rivals and didn't put a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Thats the thing though: people were going on about the first half like it was two teams as bad as each other. It was United in total comfortable control, but largely unable to breakdown Liverpool who were trying to kill the game off from the first whistle. In the second half, United broke through and Liverpool had to leave space and United punished them for it repeatedly.

Liverpool need to get someone like Tim Sherwood in to restore their fight and passion. Alternatively, David Moyes might look to return to the Premiership next season. Hard to see who else they can get who is experienced and available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Enjoyable game that in only catching up with now.

Liverpool don't do football good. They will struggle for Europa qualification this year unless they change it up.

United done well and for all the talk about lack of depth and quality, the only better team I've watched this season so far is City.

Long way to go, should make for an enjoyable season!

Brilliant to see Martial score, and what a goal!!! Benteke's was a peach as well, but he was largely anonymous previous to it!

• Sand wrote: »
    Thats the thing though: people were going on about the first half like it was two teams as bad as each other. It was United in total comfortable control, but largely unable to breakdown Liverpool who were trying to kill the game off from the first whistle. In the second half, United broke through and Liverpool had to leave space and United punished them for it repeatedly.

Liverpool need to get someone like Tim Sherwood in to restore their fight and passion. Alternatively, David Moyes might look to return to the Premiership next season. Hard to see who else they can get who is experienced and available.

Moyes?!

Oh man that would be hilarious after all the abuse he got from the pool fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sand wrote: »

Stop now your just throwing salt at them deep cuts. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

secman wrote: »
    A good result ... 15 Min to go all square 0-0 martial comes off the bench and scores a rapid fire hat trick. ...
    That would be tres sweet ☺

I hold my hands up and say I got it a tad wrong.......but a happy happy chappy I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

yabadabado wrote: »
    I dont blame Liverpool fans for being sore over that game.It was a complete mismatch ,United dominated all over the pitch and never looked in any real trouble.Rodgers did everything wrong yesterday but thats a regular occurrence for him.Liverpool came to their biggest rivals and didn't put a fight.

Would you not be worried they dominated but were unable to create any chances.

niallo27 wrote: »

I would like to see them create more but to say they were unable to create any chances is incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

chupacabra wrote: »
    Ah the morning after a victory over Liverpool. Dont even need my usual 2 sugars in my tea this morning, its been sweetened enough by the tears of Liverpool supporters.

Its sad to say but yes "diving is part of the game" now. Its almost a tactic in itself... a skill. Sadly a skill that Ashley Young is fairly **** at and thats the only reason for his "reputation". If he was a bit smarter about it, not as blatant and flying squirrel like as he has been described (made me almost spit my tea out btw) he wouldnt have this reputation.
    A lot of people would talk about Leo Messi and how he is a great modern pro and uses skill and doesnt dive. He dives, they all dive. Acting coaches will become a thing in the next 50 years of professional football, save this post. :D

Ignoring all the Liverpool nonsense, I agree with you regarding diving, its in the game, no denying it, ive been told in amateur games if their is a opp to go down in the box take it, if you think its any different at the top youre kidding yourself

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would like to see them create more but to say they were unable to create any chances is incorrect.

Zero shots on target first half. Soft free and terrible decision making for the penalty. The victory yesterday was papering over the cracks for a few weeks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This is true and will be an issue for them this season.

Utd fans getting hyped up about the new Henry but that was the first shot on target from open play. Think that makes about 5 in their last 3 league games.

Something needs to click in midfield and attack or they'll draw a lot of games.

Beginning to look hard to beat though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Zero shots on target first half. Soft free and terrible decision making for the penalty. The victory yesterday was papering over the cracks for a few weeks anyway.

I presume you mean for Gomez diving in when he should have just ushered the player to the byline ?

The big plus is united have plenty of quality players there its just the manager needs to open his eyes and improve the tactics to get them working together and creating more chances that's the main problem is creating chances.

But by all means id take where ware now with our manager after a year and few months over where ye are with our manager in the middle of what is his fourth season,

ye have an oversized squad of average player that arent good enough to get into the top four.

ye have a manager that cant pick his best defenders let alone his besformation.

If lvg fails to make. The top four this year he will be out simple as he wont get another bunch of money to throw at **** players like rodgers has.

you cant be serious with that remark.If you are then there really isn't any point it discussing the game with you.

You said United were unable to create any chances which is incorrect.Are you talking about shots on target now or chances created ?

I'm pretty sure he mean's Gomez's decision making.

I'm pretty sure he mean's Gomez's decision making.

I do I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I do I do.

You're right,United are sterile in attack and are boring to watch... However,they would still beat Liverpool nine out of ten Saturdays because most of them are good passers of the ball.Watching the Liverpool defence passing it around is either a horror movie or comedy gold depending on your point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I do I do.

Me too, me too

Don't mock those that might mock you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Just bumping this thread because I'm petty..

Hahahah 3-1 !

#RodgersForver

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Just bumping this thread because I'm petty..

Hahahah 3-1 !

#RodgersForver

Time to move on just let it go :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement