Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool sat 5.30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

inforfun wrote: »
    Wish there was a way they both could lose.

We love you too buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Let me look into my Crystal Ball.....

I see.........I see................................United Scoring Goals...................Yes.........Its definitely Liverpool losing.

Hold on........... Something else..............Its..........Its........Posts on the Liverpool thread.

Cant make it out...........Getting clearer now..........Clearer.

New.................Players..................Settling..................In.

New Players settling in?

Never heard that before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A chorus of sobbing heard around Merseyside led by Jamie Carragher

https://twitter.com/carra23/status/642294778730819585

Delicious, will be nice to see De Gea between the sticks tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

De Gea signing new Contract means nothing really. Just delays the inevitable. It'll take him a while to recover mentally after seeing his move to a Super Club ruined.

As for the match, wouldn't surprise me to see either side win/lose ... but the head says United will probably score 1 more in a pretty poor game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Well you're f*cked now lads. United's goal will be bricked up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

De Gea signing new Contract means nothing really. Just delays the inevitable. It'll take him a while to recover mentally after seeing his move to a Super Club ruined.

As for the match, wouldn't surprise me to see either side win/lose ... but the head says United will probably score 1 more in a pretty poor game.

It means a world record fee for a goalkeeper if he leaves.
    He managed to play 90 mins for spain last week without breaking down in tears so I'm sure he'll be ok for tomoro.

I've high hopes of a few goals tomor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

maybe if those famous scousers can sing a witty song or two about him he might get distracted.

Chances are he won't understand them, mind.

It means a world record fee for a goalkeeper if he leaves.
    He managed to play 90 mins for spain last week without breaking down in tears so I'm sure he'll be ok for tomoro.

I've high hopes of a few goals tomor

I can't see him scoring a few, maybe 1 with awful defenders like Moreno and Lovren on the pitch

Hopefully a bicycle kick from his 18 yard line

I can't see him scoring a few, maybe 1 with awful defenders like Moreno and Lovren on the pitch

Hopefully a bicycle kick from his 18 yard line

I dunno, if he's on free kicks he could get a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wish there was a way they both could lose.

You must love the transfer market so ;)

I dunno, if he's on free kicks he could get a few.

He has taken over corners from Phil Jones so his goals from headers will be down this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ERG89 wrote: »
    You must love the transfer market so ;)

Well, it is mainly because of the transfer thread here on boards that i came to that thought.

Every single time there was some transfer from either Liverpool or Utd, it became a pissing contest.
    I couldnt care less actually who wins this match, all i want to see is a good match.
    Chances on that though, are slim am i afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Every single time there was some transfer from either Liverpool or Utd, it became a pissing contest.
    I couldnt care less actually who wins this match, all i want to see is a good match.

The humour thread gets unbearable too....
    I'm a little bias (Liverpool fan) but I feel this game might be worse from a fan perspective as both sides fans probably don't rate the opposition as much as past years.
    Not entirely confident in our side especially without Coutinho. Big game this for Rodgers above anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well, it is mainly because of the transfer thread here on boards that i came to that thought.

Bag of fun aren't you. Thanks for sharing. We all benefit and enjoy reading this.

Trilla wrote: »
    Bag of fun aren't you. Thanks for sharing. We all benefit and enjoy reading this.

Yeah i am terribly sorry that the repetitive crap about Pool fans pointing out Utd's bad transfer and Utd fans pointing out Pools bad business don't have me rolling on the floor pissing myself from laughter.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    The humour thread gets unbearable too....
    I'm a little bias (Liverpool fan) but I feel this game might be worse from a fan perspective as both sides fans probably don't rate the opposition as much as past years.
    Not entirely confident in our side especially without Coutinho. Big game this for Rodgers above anyone

Best thing for this match to happen is City to lose at Palace.
    If City wins the outcome of this one means 1 of them is 8 points behind top spot or both are 7 points behind.
    And that after 6 matches

With that in mind i think it will be boring for the neutral.
    Of course i hope i ll be wrong and it will be entertaining.

• Advertisement

Yeah i am terribly sorry that the repetitive crap about Pool fans pointing out Utd's bad transfer and Utd fans pointing out Pools bad business don't have me rolling on the floor pissing myself from laughter.

I hope you lose, at everything! There now, i told ya!! Take that!!!!!!!!!

• My body is ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

A good result ... 15 Min to go all square 0-0 martial comes off the bench and scores a rapid fire hat trick. ...
    That would be tres sweet ☺

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There was no need to be so cruel and over the top!

5starpool wrote: »
    There was no need to be so cruel and over the top!

Lol you're joking right? Cas I was :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    My body is ready

Yeah but your mind is a different story altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This year, this thread will be all about who can insult their own team the most.

• Yeah but your mind is a different story altogether.

Meow

And we're off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Utd and Liverpool fans are mortal enemies.

Like utd and city fans

Or utd and arsenal fans

Or utd and utd fans

Utd fans, they ruined utd...

Vicxas wrote: »

Like utd and city fans

Or utd and arsenal fans

Or utd and utd fans

That's the nature of being the alpha, everyone hates you, even your own buddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

That's the nature of being the alpha, everyone hates you, even your own buddies.
    But you never told us why everyone hates united?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

There is no excuse for United not to win this game. They are at home, they have a good defense that now will be better. They have the feel good factor of DDG staying.
    Liverpool are missing their captain and their most creative player.

Any more of those wishes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jpboard1 wrote: »
    There is no excuse for United not to win this game. They are at home, they have a good defense that now will be better. They have the feel good factor of DDG staying.
    Liverpool are missing their captain and their most creative player.

And their best striker

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    And their best striker

Do they have a best striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

My Lineup for Utd. Rooney did not arrive with squad at hotel so I,think Fellaini will be up top.

De Gea
    Darmian-Smalling-Blind-Shaw
    Carrick-Schneiderlin
    Mata-Herrera-Memphis
    Fellaini

1-1. Benteke and Herrera.

No Rooney

Time for Fellaini to shine

Sakho has to play if Fellani is playing to combat the long ball arial bombardment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sakho has to play if Fellani is playing to combat the long ball arial bombardment.

That's the advantage Liverpool have. Sakho can counter Fellaini but Blind can't combat the long balls played to Benteke.

Hopefully it's Rojo instead of Blind today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Benteke to blow utd defence around like skittles today i reckon

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's the advantage Liverpool have. Sakho can counter Fellaini but Blind can't combat the long balls played to Benteke.

The big advantage for Utd is Liverpool incapability of even finding Benteke with any sort of ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Smalling is more than capable of marking Benteke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Vicxas wrote: »

Like utd and city fans

Or utd and arsenal fans

Or utd and utd fans

Funnily enough, though over the years I've had a greater dislike for Utd due to their success, their fans on boards are pretty decent given the number of them.

Quite respectful and realistic.

I don't think Utd and Arsenal have many issues, nor Utd and Chelsea. Utd and City are obviously local rivals and Liverpool seem have bad blood with everyone by the time a match thread comes around.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm pretty sure I'd like a pool win here though. Utd are a bigger threat in terms of squad and I don't want them to get going anytime soon.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Funnily enough, though over the years I've had a greater dislike for Utd due to their success, their fans on boards are pretty decent given the number of them.

I don't think Utd and Arsenal have many issues, nor Utd and Chelsea. Utd and City are obviously local rivals and Liverpool seem have bad blood with everyone by the time a match thread comes around.

As an Arsenal fan, I'm pretty sure I'd like a pool win here though. Utd are a bigger threat in terms of squad and I don't want them to get going anytime soon.

Never seen any bad blood between Liverpool and Arsenal fans tbh.

There's a huge world outside the SF

Anyway the notion of bad blood between Irish lads supporting English teams is laughable. Plenty of Liverpool fans would have a Utd supporting brother!

Bad blood me hole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not sure where this illusion that Benteke can bully defenders is coming from because he's been easily shut out by most decent defences in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Never seen any bad blood between Liverpool and Arsenal fans tbh.

There's a huge world outside the SF

Anyway the notion of bad blood between Irish lads supporting English teams is laughable. Plenty of Liverpool fans would have a Utd supporting brother!

Bad blood me hole!

Ive a Liverpool supporting older brother, you don't know what you are talking about :P

CskinHitchSmithSwollenBig.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Not sure where this illusion that Benteke can bully defenders is coming from because he's been easily shut out by most decent defences in recent times.

He's been a nuisance for defenders this season winning most headers and taking the ball down ahead of the defender. Up front alone with no service and you'll struggle to find a striker who could have done much more. IMO anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

There used to be issues with arsenal and utd but arsenal have rolled over and become a non threat in the last few years. Van persie going was a classic example. Wenger and Ferguson all buddy buddy another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

niallo27 wrote: »
    There used to be issues with arsenal and utd but arsenal have rolled over and become a non threat in the last few years. Van persie going was a classic example. Wenger and Ferguson all buddy buddy another.

Yeah. I mean if you're not winning leagues, you'd have to work pretty hard to keep up a rivalry like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

It's an age thing ,If you grow up watching Liverpool dominating it ingrained something into you especially as a United fan ,
    For me this is the biggest game of the season and always will be .
    Think we are in a good shape this season to get a result ,but it will be close .
    1-0 United with Smalling popping up with the winner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yeah. I mean if you're not winning leagues, you'd have to work pretty hard to keep up a rivalry.

At least put up a fight. Wenger sucking up to Ferguson was embarrassing. He has lost the spark or whatever you want to call it. Anyway that's off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fellaini vs Lovren. Battle of the Donkey's.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Fellaini vs Lovren. Battle of the Donkey's.

I would think that Lovren would be delighted if they start Fellaini. That would be playing to his strengths. I think he would be far more worried by Mata or Depay coming at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Martial to score a debut hat trick and then get leg broken.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement