Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Liverpool sat 5.30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Hard to see Liverpool getting anything out of this unless they can keep Utd out. Can't see it being a classic with how they have both started the season, although the international break may have been good for them. Still too early to have a baring on which of them get into the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

There has been a lot of negativity about United recently, unhappy players, panic buys, bad youth teams etc - so the De Gea contract has been a welcome piece of good news for them. Victory over Liverpool will give them a further boost and suddenly things won't seem so bad. Therefore I hope Liverpool give them a right good pumping.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5starpool wrote: »
    There was no need to be so cruel and over the top!

Well obviously. I get jokes (mostly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

jpboard1 wrote: »
    I would think that Lovren would be delighted if they start Fellaini. That would be playing to his strengths. I think he would be far more worried by Mata or Depay coming at him.

What are these strengths you speak of?

With all the long balls up to Fellaini and Benteke this will be one for the purists I'd say.

Ferguson, Busby and Shankly and Paisley will be rolling in their graves (or seat).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

5starpool wrote: »
    With all the long balls up to Fellaini and Benteke this will be one for the purists I'd say.

Ferguson, Busby and Shankly and Paisley will be rolling in their graves (or seat).

Best will be drinking it in of course.

• jpboard1 wrote: »
    I would think that Lovren would be delighted if they start Fellaini. That would be playing to his strengths. I think he would be far more worried by Mata or Depay coming at him.

You do realise unlike Lovren, Fellani can actually control the ball with his feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fellaini's biggest asset is his swinging elbows. I'm sure we will see him elbow someone today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MD1990 wrote: »
    Fellaini's biggest asset is his swinging elbows. I'm sure we will see him elbow someone today.

It's his 4th best assist actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

not a hope pool get a result here missing key players and under pressure ,utd simply have to beat them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm embarassed

https://vine.co/v/eFAEF6JUn7t

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Big opportunity today for both Firmino and Memphis. Both with bags of talent but haven't done it yet in the league bar flashes.

It's a stage set for one of them to make a mark with the fans.

Hopefully Liverpool don't take another big gulp of Nervol before the game. I suspect they will though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm embarassed

https://vine.co/v/eFAEF6JUn7t

:pac:

I have to say his complete mentalness is really growing on me. He doesn't give a ****e ,does he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have to say his complete mentalness is really growing on me. He doesn't give a ****e ,does he?

He knows he is retiring soon and has half given up I think. It's the only way to explain why Utd aren't challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hope its not a boring game, has the makings of a good fiery game but so many times build up outdoes the performances on the pitch.

From a united fans view I'd love to see Martial given lots of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, feels weird saying it, but I'm genuinely fond of LVG.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Hope its not a boring game, has the makings of a good fiery game but so many times build up outdoes the performances on the pitch.

From a united fans view I'd love to see Martial given lots of minutes.

The evra and Suarez games were great. Some serious hate at them games. Was a great buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fellaini played a major part in United being in the champions league Tuesday and Wednesday nights and Liverpool fans watching Eastenders

Made a show of Liverpools midfield last season, Henderson didn't know what hit him, and it wasn't an elbow

• Advertisement

Fellaini played a major part in United being in the champions league Tuesday and Wednesday nights and Liverpool fans watching Eastenders

Made a show of Liverpools midfield last season, Henderson didn't know what hit him, and it wasn't an elbow

Eastenders is on Thursdays nights too so we will miss if that night and you lot can watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Only day of the year I take a day off specifically for a football game. It's 3.20pm and I'm knee deep in pints of Warsteiner. Memphis will shine today but please for the lolz 0-0 10 minutes to go and Martial comes on and scores a scorpion kick into the top corner.

Headlines tomorrow "MARTIAL THE MARTIAN IS OUT OF THIS WORLD"

Cmon UTD!

Why would the headlines call him a Martian no matter what he does?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

jester77 wrote: »
    Hard to see Liverpool getting anything out of this unless they can keep Utd out.

Is that you Michael Owen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Only day of the year I take a day off specifically for a football game. It's 3.20pm and I'm knee deep in pints of Warsteiner. Memphis will shine today but please for the lolz 0-0 10 minutes to go and Martial comes on and scores a scorpion kick into the top corner.

Headlines tomorrow "MARTIAL THE MARTIAN IS OUT OF THIS WORLD"

Cmon UTD!

A pun on Martial Arts is the obvious one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

8-10 wrote: »

Very true. I'm drunk and excited for the biggest game of the year imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Holy salty Liverpool post at the start of the thread. ahahahaha

I hate this stupid ****en game every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Rooney is not playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Rooney is not playing

Good news for united if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't think this kind of hate is good for the soul. But it sustains me nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

GreNoLi wrote: »

It really isn't. He is a good player and our only striker. Never good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

GreNoLi wrote: »

Oh yeah Englands top scorer and probably soon to be our top scorer of all time. No chance he could score. Rubbish player.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I don't think this kind of hate is good for the soul. But it sustains me nonetheless.

:)

It's a bit mad Ted

He rarely plays well against liverpool though and he doesn't look right this season. Few years I would be delighted his out but it doesn't make much difference to me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :)

It's a bit mad Ted

Sure it's only Rayne...nobody takes him seriously any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

8-10 wrote: »

- Court 'Martial' For Rodgers
    - United declare 'Martial' law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

COtoIf4UYAAlJWU.jpg

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 6s6 seconds ago
    Confirmed #LFC team v @ManUtd: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Lucas, Can, Milner, Firmino, Ings, Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No Rooney at all?? Did he pick up a knock during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That_Guy wrote: »
    No Rooney at all?? Did he pick up a knock during the week?

Picked up knock in training yesterday by looks of it. Lvg said only injuries from international break were periera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Surly if Lovren fooks up today he'll be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

But he has great character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

2 nil utd,mata and memphis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Over 30 crosses from United on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Over 30 crosses from United on the cards

Per half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Lvg "David degea is an empty head"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Hopefully a Liverpool win to shut up the ***** in the United thread, the **** in the ****ford end, Sir whiskey nose, the fat head granny shagger, bastard schweinsteiger, Rat face Neville, ginger pubes Scholes, Louis Van Gak, Paddy the prick Crerand, Martin Tyler, and Remi Moses.

You have done an excellent job showing just how upstanding the majestic Liverpool fans are my good sir. Very eloquent.

You have done an excellent job showing just how upstanding the majestic Liverpool fans are my good sir. Very eloquent.

Think he said what we were all thinking in fairness. We just all don't have a way with words like him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

From a great height hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

niallo27 wrote: »
    Think he said what we were all thinking in fairness. We just all don't have a way with words like him.

Well I dont think he was actually thinking much. I wouldnt sell all Pool fans that short.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement