Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do people know what class group they are in?

Options
  • 10-09-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

I'm an advanced entry student (first year, starting in year 2). My class is split into several groups, each with a slightly different timetable. We were told during induction that we would be informed about our groups via email before Monday.

This is the first year that DIT have processed advanced entry students through CAO and as a result there have been a few hiccups already during my registration process. I'm beginning to think maybe they forgot to email me my class group too.

TL;DR Can anyone confirm whether or not they have been informed about their class group?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 combustible

my advice would be to email your year co-ordinator, if you know who it is.
    what course are you doing/campus are you on? i think it differs from campus to campus (i study physics over on kevin street and kind of had the opposite problem to what you have - every physics course was hocked in together and the timetable only differed depending on the course).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ADubhlaoich

I concur with combustible; I had the same concern as you (Entering year 2 of DT228).

For the school of computing I was informed that on Monday morning the lab groups would be displayed on the noticeboard outside the schools' office.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

I concur with combustible; I had the same concern as you (Entering year 2 of DT228).

For the school of computing I was informed that on Monday morning the lab groups would be displayed on the noticeboard outside the schools' office.

Perfect, thanks. I'm also entering year 2 of DT228. Where is the school's office, so I know where to look? At the main entrance?

Pompous wrote: »
    Perfect, thanks. I'm also entering year 2 of DT228. Where is the school's office, so I know where to look? At the main entrance?

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm pretty it's on the top floor of the annex building, and intend to head in early on Monday just to be sure.

At least we know we are probably all in the same boat, and we are all in [KE] - 4-008 at 10am.

Are you advanced entry too?

• Advertisement

At least we know we are probably all in the same boat, and we are all in [KE] - 4-008 at 10am.

Are you advanced entry too?

I'm also advanced entry, yep. We got an e-mail yesterday about our class groups, and I've since used it to figure out my proper timetable.

Did they email you at your DIT email or your personal email?

Never mind, I found it in my DIT email, thanks for letting me know!

Never mind, I found it in my DIT email, thanks for letting me know!

Set it to forward to your personal e-mail and never worry about that again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ooor, assuming you live in the 21st century, set up your DIT account on your gmail app.

• Advertisement

Nahh, apps are for suckers. 20th century all the way!

ADubhlaoich are you group A?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

Usually in my course we're emailed the split the night before/the morning of the class, or else it's just that whoever turns up, turns up.

Advertisement