Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audi-friendly mechanic?

Options
  • 10-09-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Can anyone recommend someone (not a main dealer) who's good with Audis? Thinking of buying a second-hand one and would like to get their opinion first, and also to have some peace of mind that there's someone around who knows their stuff... and not extortionate. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

this fella is sound ..full warranty too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmXNbn7uXI

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Can anyone recommend someone (not a main dealer) who's good with Audis? Thinking of buying a second-hand one and would like to get their opinion first, and also to have some peace of mind that there's someone around who knows their stuff... and not extortionate. Thanks.
    i always get my audi serviced in main dealers, its great value for money in my opinion, for €189 you get full service inspection, they valet your car, option of free courtesy car or drop off and pick up from location of your choice and years free roadside recovery. where else would ya get that service???? not many places and thats a fact!!!

will give you perfect example of what i've got from audi waterford over the past three years dealing with em, the clutch went in car two years ago, they gave me courtesy car for the few days that they worked on the car and saved me €550 on the cost of the replacement due to the fact i get the car serviced there so it would have cost €1100 but they did it for €550

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

will give you perfect example of what i've got from audi waterford over the past three years dealing with em, the clutch went in car two years ago, they gave me courtesy car for the few days that they worked on the car and saved me €550 on the cost of the replacement due to the fact i get the car serviced there so it would have cost €1100 but they did it for €550

1100 to do a clutch on a audi are you for real wonder who told you it would have cost that the audi dealership I presume or some other major garage.. People in the city get screwed over year on year

audi12 wrote: »
    1100 to do a clutch on a audi are you for real wonder who told you it would have cost that the audi dealership I presume or some other major garage.. People in the city get screwed over year on year
    no was told out there, every component in the clutch was replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,417 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

was to avoid dealers in general for services via two main dealer mechanics!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

People should be looking for an independent VAG expert. That's Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat.

If people are looking for a big job like some of those mentioned and have some time Mon-Fri, probably George Dalton in Portlaoise is worth a look. He's someone that people all over the country travel to, but there is probably one further south.

Living in Dublin, I travelled to Belfast a year ago to Walsh Motors who are in the same league as Daltons, to have my timing belt and a service done.

My local VW garage are currently doing a special on timing belts for €450 and a full service costs €269. I got that job done up in Belfast with excellent mechanics for £200 for the timing belt and £100 for the full service.

So you can see I got about €300 of savings by taking a 90 minute drive and taking a bus tour while my car was being serviced. You mightn't get the same savings down here, but I urge people to shop around.

Advertisement