Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Incident Anglers Rest

Options
  • 10-09-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

5 Squad car, 2*Ambulances, 4*fire engines all at Anglers Rest....something major going on....alot people looking down the river. Hope all OK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

They increased the price of a pint by 50cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Paul Byrne ‏@PaulByrne_1 23:18 100915
    Breaking : Search underway for man seen entering the water near Anglers Rest pub #Cork. #Tv3News @gardainfo @CorkCityFire #CoastGuard

chopper is up

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

aujopimur wrote: »
    They increased the price of a pint by 50cent.

That's not even remotely funny. Evidently this poor guy was in such a bad state mentally that he left a note on the table in the pub and then went out and threw himself in the river. The poor man. I passed there this morning on my way to work and there were some very stony faced people looking into the river from the bridge. A sad sad sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Jes heard about this, this morning did they find him.

So horrible to think that people are doing this as a way out, well not as a way out but they are left to feel like it is their only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Poor devil. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Update from Cork City Missing Persons Search and Recovery

"The search on the River Lee concluded this morning with the recovery of a body by Cork City Fire Service.

RIP x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah no bless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

I knew the guy, lovely fella

RIP J.

Advertisement