Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is LPT still not deductable?

Options
  • 10-09-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Doing my annual returns for my rental property. Last year, we were told that the Local Property Tax would be deductable "soon". However, I see that the Revenue haven't updated their FAQ from last year.
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/faqs/general.html#section9

Can anyone confirm or deny if LPT is deductible this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sublime1

Super, thanks for confirmation. Maybe next year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I heard some talk it may be included in the budget to try and improve the rental market. Seems a bit weird to me, making a tax tax-deductable. Tenants don't have to pay it, so if landlords can write it off who exactly is paying for the local services for those properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it's also a tax on services which is most developed countries is paid by residents not landlords

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

sublime1 wrote: »
    Doing my annual returns for my rental property. Last year, we were told that the Local Property Tax would be deductable "soon". However, I see that the Revenue haven't updated their FAQ from last year.
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/faqs/general.html#section9

Can anyone confirm or deny if LPT is deductible this year?

I read the contents of that link. If it is deductable in Principle then what can Revenue claim in any dispute which may go to court? They wouldn't have a leg to stand on in front of a prudent judge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement