Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDF Recruitment

Options
  • 11-09-2015 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Can someone give me details on what is required for the fitness test in the RDF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Can someone give me details on what is required for the fitness test in the RDF

I see it's actually a new fitness test , what I really want to know is how many push ups you'd need to do? That's all in worried about

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Lads if you cant google "defence forces fitness test" it then I dunno....

click here for info:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=defence+forces+fitness+test&l=1

RDF and PDF when it comes to medicals and fitness its the same

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Morpheus wrote: »
    Lads if you cant google "defence forces fitness test" it then I dunno....

click here for info:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=defence+forces+fitness+test&l=1

RDF and PDF when it comes to medicals and fitness its the same

Thanks for the reply but I think you misread my question above. Of course I can find the fitness test details on the military website.

My question is, it doesn't specify how many push ups you need to do, that's what I want to know!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

well, it was just banter, however you will find that it does: scroll to the bottom of that page

Local muscular endurance, under the photos of the correct positions youll see a table:
    "test requirements"
    Min of 20 pushups in one min (modified pushup allowed for females)
    Min of 20 situps in one min

then under Aerobic Capacity
    "Aerobic Capacity Requirements"
    2.4km in under 11:40 seconds (13:10 for females)

these are all pass/fail
    fail to reach the figures above you fail recruitment process and there are no second chances on the day, you need to begin the application process all over again.

Advertisement