Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protective Rod Case / Bag

Options
  • 11-09-2015 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've been using my 10ft CF spinning rod a lot more of late and have noticed a couple instances of compression damage to bottom end of the top section. I assume that this is from being in the car and getting pinched with items been placed in and out, doors closing, dog etc...

Normally I'd just carry a cheap, but decent enough, FG 8ft spinning rod in an old cardboard tube that can take a beating and I don't get worked up about.
    But as I'm fond of this rod I need something to help protect it.
    Any suggestions based on experience?
    Or should I just get creative with some spare drainpipe & insulation perhaps??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just buy a rod bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Just buy a rod bag.

Thanks Lukas Flabby Painkiller, but what I'm wondering is if there are any particular bags that folk have experience of and can recommend. Links maybe?

Padding can vary from brand to brand is my experience when buying such items for other sporting equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not a thing wrong with most of those here - http://www.fishingmegastore.com/rod-tubes-bags--storage_409.html - for instance.

Nothing beats a tube supplied with a rod but, in my experience, any half decent bag is fine if treated with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I have four lenghts of pipe with screw on caps and they have served me very well for years with fly rods. Granted I wouldn't use them all the time but if away on a weekend where the car boot is going to be full I use them. Cheap and cheerful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

If you want to do it cheaply you could also use some laggin? You know the foam stuff for keeping pipes warm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement