Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - 3Arena Dublin - 5 April 2016

Options
  • 11-09-2015 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/exclusive-muse-announce-dublin-concert-for-drones-tour-31518836.html

The rockers will perform at Dublin’s 3Arena on April 5th, 2016 as part of their Drones World Tour.
    Ireland is included in the first round of shows announced today to kick off their highly anticipated global tour.
    The 3Arena will be transformed in order to give fans a “true 360 degree audio/visual sensory experience” which will see them perform “in the round” in the centre of the arena.
    Muse have sold more than 17 million albums worldwide and Drones is their first album to simultaneously top both the US and UK charts earlier this summer.
    The trio, fresh from a successful string of performances at a number of European festivals, said their Drones album is more of a “return to rock”.
    “The last few albums we experimented a lot with electronic music and production techniques…On this album we wanted to spend more time performing, with more of a rock sound, more of a simple guitar-bass-and-drums arrangement.”
    Ticket prices start at €64.50, inclusive of booking fee, and go on sale next Friday, September 18th at 9am from Ticketmaster outlets and www.ticketmaster.ie. Fan club presales will begin on September 16th.

Muse's international tour dates:
    April 5, 2016: Dublin's 3Arena
    April 8, 2016: Manchester's Phones 4U
    April 11, 2016: London's O2 Arena
    April 12, 2016: London's O2 Arena
    April 17, 2016: Glasgow's SECC
    May 2, 2016: Lisbon's MEO Arena
    May 5, 2016: Madrid's Barclaycard Arena
    May 14, 2016: Milan's Mediolarum Forum
    May 15, 2016: Milan's Mediolarum Forum
    June 4, 2016: Prague's O2 Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Ekkkkk!!!!! Thanks for that! You just made my day!

I was only complaining to anyone who'd listen at Electric Picnic last weekend about it being WAY too long since MUSE played in Ireland!! Woohoo!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Ticket prices start at €64.50 - wonder what price the standing tickets will be for Dublin.
    For London standing are £73 (€100) - fan of Muse but that seems excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Have been awaiting this announcement for a long time. Probably don't have the money now, may try an English show instead.

Edit: plenty of room for second shows though, and it's in the round, that'd be class

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mushy wrote: »
    Have been awaiting this announcement for a long time. Probably don't have the money now, may try an English show instead.

Edit: plenty of room for second shows though, and it's in the round, that'd be class

Doubt Dublin will be in the round, The Point just isn't suited for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

scudzilla wrote: »

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/642263068039335936

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Scope for an extra night too I'd imagine...?

scudzilla wrote: »

The stage can be removed, so I imagine that's what'll be done.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Scope for an extra night too I'd imagine...?

Yeah the Wednesday I'd assume, and add Manchester.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've never seen Muse live, feels like it's something I should get around to doing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I've never seen Muse live, feels like it's something I should get around to doing.

They are one of the best live bands I've seen. They put on a great light / stage show. I was a little underwhelmed when I saw them last in 2012, but that's mainly due to the fact I wasn't a fan of the two recent albums (Resistance and Second Law).

I know the tickets seem steep, but they definitely give you your money's worth. The only gig that's beaten them in terms of "stage show" for me is Roger Waters.

• Advertisement

You should. Even if the studio material is weaker, it holds its own live. Unsustainable last time was brilliant. Won't let you down anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why does everything go on sale at the same time. U2 yesterday/Monday and muse Friday. Mite go to this. Last time I saw them was at Oxegen in 2007 and only saw half of the show

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

You should. Even if the studio material is weaker, it holds its own live. Unsustainable last time was brilliant. Won't let you down anyway.
    They are one of the best live bands I've seen. They put on a great light / stage show. I was a little underwhelmed when I saw them last in 2012, but that's mainly due to the fact I wasn't a fan of the two recent albums (Resistance and Second Law).

I know the tickets seem steep, but they definitely give you your money's worth. The only gig that's beaten them in terms of "stage show" for me is Roger Waters.

Ah you have me half convinced :p Haven't listened to much by them since Black Holes but I feel like I've been missing out by not seeing them live. Will probably end up going by my lonesome but fúck it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

+1... I think I've seen MUSE about 6 or 7 times. Every time I go I think; 'Ah, I've seen them so many times that they couldn't possibly WOW me again!' But they always do.

I have to say the 2012 show was one of my faves. I didn't like The Second Law album until I saw the making of it, which gave me a great appreciation of how they put it all together. It really blew me away though, when I finally saw it live. The production/ lights and mix of old classics and new songs made it one of their best ever gigs. (Well for me anyway!)

Can't wait for April 2016!!

Does anyone know the price range of tickets for this? Looking towards seating, but if it's to be too expensive I'll leave it off.

Also, there may be no second night in Dublin: http://www.ssearenabelfast.com/muse

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Does anyone know what the presale code is? It says the "fan club" will get a presale code, but there is no official Muse fan club that I can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Does anyone know what the presale code is? It says the "fan club" will get a presale code, but there is no official Muse fan club that I can see!

You need to be signed up to their mailing list, you obviously won't get code if you proceed to sign up now it would have to have been be prior to announcement. There will be a 3 presale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For Three customers, if you're registered for Three Plus you can text MUSE to 51020 and you'll get a presale code. Goes on sale Wednesday 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Also, there may be no second night in Dublin: http://www.ssearenabelfast.com/muse
    Interesting that one.
    Page seems incomplete, and doesn't link from their main event listings. Also nothing of Belfast on the band's site or Ticketmaster.
    Does anyone know what the presale code is?
    Unique codes for each club member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Shedite27 wrote: »
    For Three customers, if you're registered for Three Plus you can text MUSE to 51020 and you'll get a presale code. Goes on sale Wednesday 9am

Thursday no?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Thursday no?

Just registered there. Text says Wed @ 10 but the Three event page says Thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Paddez

Does anyone know the price range of tickets for this? Looking towards seating, but if it's to be too expensive I'll leave it off.

According to ticketmaster the price range is:

€63.50 - €83.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Not sure how I feel about 360 gigs, havent been to one before. Whats the verdict?

Looking forward to seeing them in a new setup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭torby

blimey....just my luck...on O2 and Vodafone in our house, plus registered on the muse.mu forum too late....so if anyone is a member and isnt going to the Dublin gig.....I'd love to have your presale code....I wont be reselling tickets and anyway, from previous Muse gigs it seems you need ID and the method of payment to get into the gig...Muse are not fans of touts...lol

O2 is now 3 so you should be able to get a code just fine? My code came from an old O2 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Anyone get confirmation on whether the presale is weds or thurs?

If you don't get sorted I'd be surprised if it sold out quickly. A lot of people are broke from paying for concert tickets already this week!

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Anyone get confirmation on whether the presale is weds or thurs?

Event page now says the 16th so Wed

Taken from muse.mu

"These codes have been provided to all activated muse.mu members at the time of announcement in order to give the band's most loyal fans first access to tickets. Please respect this and don't pass your code on to anyone else."

Ye'll be grand :)

• Advertisement

Anyone a member of Muse.mu got their codes yet?

I've been a member for years but have had no e-mail about it yet!!

Advertisement