Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - 3Arena Dublin - 5 April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Looks like I will be skipping the support act so. Pretty bland crud in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Tzardine wrote: »
    Looks like I will be skipping the support act so. Pretty bland crud in that video.

Bit more energy in this one.

Also, good to see the setlists improving, the American ones were atrocious...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm half thinking of going to this gig.
    However I havent really listened to any of Muses stuff in the last 10 years since Plug in Baby or Time is Running Out .
    Is the newer stuff similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Zardoz wrote:
    I'm half thinking of going to this gig. However I havent really listened to any of Muses stuff in the last 10 years since Plug in Baby or Time is Running Out . Is the newer stuff similar ?

They are still amazing, Black holes and Revelations is a brilliant album! The Resistance had some great tracks. Newer stuff still great if not quite so engaging. The 2nd law probably considered one of their lesser albums but still has highlights like Madness! To be fair they are probably the best live act in the world, go for that if nothing else!

Dard23 wrote: »
    They are still amazing, Black holes and Revelations is a brilliant album! The Resistance had some great tracks. Newer stuff still great if not quite so engaging. The 2nd law probably considered one of their lesser albums but still has highlights like Madness! To be fair they are probably the best live act in the world, go for that if nothing else!

Cheers,I think I will go allright .:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

Hi guys . I have two seated tickets for the gig tomorrow block a row 23 for sale if anyone is looking for them.great seats I can't go because I have an exam the next day unfortunately!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm half thinking of going to this gig.
    However I havent really listened to any of Muses stuff in the last 10 years since Plug in Baby or Time is Running Out .
    Is the newer stuff similar ?

If you liked Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, you'll like the heavier tracks like Psycho, Reapers, Defector and Handler off the new album.

Ditto more recent songs like Supremacy, Uprising et all which will also be probably played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone a rough idea when this will be finished? Just trying to figure buses home

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anyone a rough idea when this will be finished? Just trying to figure buses home

10.45 at a guess?

Where are we all beering beforehand?

Texas Jack wrote: »
    If you liked Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, you'll like the heavier tracks like Psycho, Reapers, Defector and Handler off the new album.

Ditto more recent songs like Supremacy, Uprising et all which will also be probably played

Thanks,I had a listen to some of the setlists on setlist.fm and they seem good.
    I have to drive up and down from Cork so its a long day but worthwhile I think.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thanks,I had a listen to some of the setlists on setlist.fm and they seem good.
    I have to drive up and down from Cork so its a long day but worthwhile I think.

Avoid the poppy synthy ****e like Madness, Dead Inside and Undisclosed Desires at any cost - the bar will probably sell 10 million pints during those ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I'm heading to the football game and the concert, did some artwork of the lads..any idea what route would be best to get a signature?

If they play Dead Star I'll jump into the Liffey bollock naked

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I am totally beyond excited for tomorrow night!!! :)

Anyone know if there will be pit passes available at the gig and if so, roughly how early one would need to be there to be in with a chance of getting them?

Sheog wrote: »
    I am totally beyond excited for tomorrow night!!! :)

Anyone know if there will be pit passes available at the gig and if so, roughly how early one would need to be there to be in with a chance of getting them?

Jaysus

How I long for the halcyon summer of 2001, queuing early to get into the pit - the band opening with Fillip or Cave or some other batsh*t crazy number

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luckycat007

The codes were sent by email within a week of ticket purchase.

Who was the email from? I have searched my inbox high and low and haven't found any codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Who was the email from? I have searched my inbox high and low and haven't found any codes.

Ticketmaster <alerts@ticketmaster.com>9/19/15

Hello xxx

Thank you for purchasing tickets to see Muse. Every ticket includes your choice of a standard physical or a standard digital copy of DRONES.

All you need is your unique code(s) below

To redeem your copy of DRONES click HERE

Please remember each unique code can only be used once to redeem a single copy of DRONES. If you already own a copy of DRONES please feel free to share with family, friends, colleagues or indeed anyone who needs their record collection improving! Full details of how you can gift the album are given on the redemption page.

Enjoy the show!

Hoping for a good merch selection tomorrow night

Hopefully a decent tee shirt for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 14 os88

Anyone know if there is space available in 3arena or city center to keep a bag until concert is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Is there a different stage setup for this tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Is there a different stage setup for this tomorrow?

The layout on ticketmaster's page shows the general standing layout used for standing shows in the 3 Arena.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/muse-drones-tour-dublin-04-05-2016/event/18004F2BC2266920?artistid=1400322&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

But on the ticketmaster page for the Belfast gig, the 'In The Round' layout is shown.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/muse-drones-tour-belfast-04-06-2016/event/38004F2FEAA01300?artistid=1400322&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster <alerts@ticketmaster.com>9/19/15

Hello xxx

Thank you for purchasing tickets to see Muse. Every ticket includes your choice of a standard physical or a standard digital copy of DRONES.

All you need is your unique code(s) below

To redeem your copy of DRONES click HERE

Please remember each unique code can only be used once to redeem a single copy of DRONES. If you already own a copy of DRONES please feel free to share with family, friends, colleagues or indeed anyone who needs their record collection improving! Full details of how you can gift the album are given on the redemption page.

Enjoy the show!

Was this offer of the album only available if buying online? Was it available to anyone buying at a ticketmaster outlet?

There are tickets on sale through ticketmaster's site now for both gigs

What's the Premium Club like?

I am on the guestlist and have been told my guestlist includes access to the PremiumClub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

That new album Drones is absolutely outstanding. Tbh, I had given up on Muse album releases after the last two so paid no heed to this until a week ago. I was just going to commit to future gigs. But wow, absolutely blown away by Drones. These new songs should be immense live and a great replacement for the classics that have been dropped from the setlist.

Seriously looking forward to this now, a band in their prime!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

mollser wrote:
    That new album Drones is absolutely outstanding. Tbh, I had given up on Muse album releases after the last two so paid no heed to this until a week ago. I was just going to commit to future gigs. But wow, absolutely blown away by Drones. These new songs should be immense live and a great replacement for the classics that have been dropped from the setlist.

I don't think their last two albums were that bad, not as good but certainly not a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ronan O Donnell

None of my friends would come with me to this, but I've never seen Muse having followed them for 8 years. So if anyone happens to bump into me, please be my friend for the night 😉 I'll even get ya a pint

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

None of my friends would come with me to this, but I've never seen Muse having followed them for 8 years. So if anyone happens to bump into me, please be my friend for the night 😉 I'll even get ya a pint

I'm going by myself too pal. Mate backed out last minute. There'll be loads of people there on their own... who then won't be on their own because of the amount of people who are going to be there.

In other words. I'll have a Heineken. :pac:

Theres a few Muse-heads meeting in Cassidys of Westmoreland St from 5.30 today so all welcome!

Really good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Theres a few Muse-heads meeting in Cassidys of Westmoreland St from 5.30 today so all welcome!

Really good spot

Couple of us heading there too at about 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Been going to gigs on my own for years, still do. Kinna prefer it tbh. Wish I was going now. Enjoy

Advertisement