Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - 3Arena Dublin - 5 April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Citizen Erased a clear highlight, the Handler was superb also happened to be at the show they debuted it at but yeah outstanding gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

What are they for??

out of curiosity, was your photo taken from block K or maybe L?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Well that was kinda good! :)

The thing with Muse is you wouldn't be 100% happy unless they played for over 3 hours. I could listen to them all night which is a testament to how good these guys are live.

Citizen Erased was just the bomb. The visual show is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Unreal as usual. Cant get over how dead the crowd were (around me anyway). No proper sign of life til the Knights riff.

Anyway, Bliss, Hysteria, CE, Map and Take a Bow ensured we got the royal treatment.

Also, 7th time seeing them and first time properly realising the stage presence Chris has. He's an unreal bassist but he looks much more like he owns the stage at all times than Matt. Powerhouse he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Unreal as usual. Cant get over how dead the crowd were (around me anyway). No proper sign of life til the Knights riff.

Agree with you here. The crowd beside me were brutal. Most of them spent the night looking at it through the phones and the other section were just standing around. Muse were amazing though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

out of curiosity, was your photo taken from block K or maybe L?

Block c, great seats and seemed to be a naughty block, only ones who stood up!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

the girl sitting next to me recorded pretty much all the concert on her phone. why bother going. the security were very heavy handed with anyone who stood up in the seating area. brilliant gig, loved the space ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I only knew about 6 songs they played (Not a massive fan obviously) but I still thought it was great. Knights of Cydonia was amazing.

mikekerry wrote: »
    the girl sitting next to me recorded pretty much all the concert on her phone. why bother going. the security were very heavy handed with anyone who stood up in the seating area. brilliant gig, loved the space ship.

I will never understand this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Really good gig, nice mix of new and old. There was about a half hour period in the middle where the whole place was hopping - very much in my happy place. Setlist was class, one or two songs that didn't capture the crowd, but on the whole a very solid list.

Crowd was what I expected, mainly people in their 30's, going to a gig after work, was never likely to be as much a mosh pit as we remembered growing up.

The 360 stage looked cool from up high, couldn't really appreciate it from the standing area. Was that the first 360 gig at the o2?

Definitely keep their spot as one of the greatest live bands in the world.

(only downer was no Plug in Baby, one of my favorite songs of all time, but can't have it all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

First time seeing them live. Was hoping to hear Panic Station and Plug in Baby, but that aside it was an amazing show. Haven't seen any other bands put that much effort into the visual part of the show bar Rammstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Shedite27 wrote:
    (only downer was no Plug in Baby, one of my favorite songs of all time, but can't have it all)

Yeah my favourite too, can't complain though. I looked at the last set lists and they had been playing Feeling Good but instead they played Citizen Erased. I reckon they felt the crowd were a bit dead so just didn't want to play anything chilled. The Mosh for Knights Of Cydonia was just mental, I was up from it and girls were being flung across the place. One just bounced off me so I stopped her falling. All for a bit of life but there's a limit! The entrance with Psycho was just fantastic, I got a really good video of that. I noticed Matt didn't play much piano except for one spot. All in all amazing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Great gig by Muse, but the crowd were a bit off. I think two thirds of the crowd were sitting and nobody was allowed to stand, so the whole thing felt a bit flat.
    Security were strict and forcing people to sit down, so bopping in your seat felt all wrong :(

Was Matts vocal behind the music for the first couple of songs, or was that just me getting delayed sound up in the gods?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Majority of crowd should be embarrassed

Thunderspastics of the highest order. Dry ****es - no singing along, clapping afterwards, showing early signs of rigormortis

Other than that - phenomenal show - highlights for me were Handler and Globalist

Hopefully theyre back in the summer for a festival or stadium!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Absolutely amazing show. First time sitting for a gig but loved every minute of it. I agree the crowd were a bit quiet. I haven't listened to the new album really but am looking forward to it now as I really enjoyed some of the new stuff. I felt the crowd went super silent for these songs and barely clapped after. Its an album tour of course they are going to have to play some new stuff!!! :rolleyes:

Anyway would have loved to hear plug in baby and feeling good but loved super massive black hole, starlight, citizen erased and of course knights. Visuals were stunning. 4th time seeing them and it never gets tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ronan O Donnell

Definitely picked the right spot in the front middle section of the standing area. Everyone there was screaming and moshing for pretty much the whole thing. Except for one old grumpy bastard behind me who stood there like a dry balls for the whole thing with his camera complaining every time I danced. If anything it encouraged us more ;) Knights of Cydonia was the highlight

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tuesday's not a great night for a gig in fairness, I know I was wrecked myself :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Outstanding visuals as always. The drones were a nice touch and as OSI said some of the visuals on the curtains like the puppet strings was incredible. I was behind the stage looking out maybe 8 rows back and there was good craic, could hear lots of people belting out the classics with me. The seated crowd did look a bit like they were at an opera but thats always the case with seated gigs imo. I saw a good bit of banter between the band and they seemed to enjoy the show. Before bliss it looked like they were saying "this is going to blow their mind" :pac:

I think it was bliss or CE where he said "this is an old bástard" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Unreal gig. I've seen them outdoor a few times but their full set up indoors is just incredible.

Highlights:

The Handler (those visuals were incredible)
    The Reaper
    Citizen Erased (Can't believe they played it. By far my favourite Muse song)

Shame there was no room for New Born or Stockholm Syndrome though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

That_Guy wrote: »
    Unreal gig. I've seen them outdoor a few times but their full set up indoors is just incredible.

Highlights:

The Handler (those visuals were incredible)
    The Reaper
    Citizen Erased (Can't believe they played it. By far my favourite Muse song)

Shame there was no room for New Born or Stockholm Syndrome though.

???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah was an excellent show from them again. The light show and Drones were exceptional. I especially loved the puppet strings on Matt and Chris. Stage was well designed with the 360 setup, but it needed to be higher, anything more than a few people deep and you were struggling to see. I noted as well the crowd was very subdued for a Muse concert, and I don't know if this rubbed off on the guys as Matt seem a lot less animated than usual.

How animated would you like the band to have been?

Would you want then frantically hopping about the stage when they are playing their guitars or doing windmills with their arms and play their guitars at the same time?

Windmill demonstration at 54 seconds in this "hardcore dance" tutorial:

Texas Jack wrote: »

Thunderspastics of the highest order. Dry ****es - no singing along, clapping afterwards, showing early signs of rigormortis

Other than that - phenomenal show - highlights for me were Handler and Globalist

To compensate, why didn't you start a circle pit?

That would have been delightful and would have distracted you from labelling people as "thunderspastics" and "dry ****es".

You could have had one big circle pit around the whole stage, what with it being in the round, and then had a massive wall of death from either side.

It would have looked fabulous.

???

Reapers even. Come on, you know what I meant.

Bit unfair. I've seen Muse three times now and honestly the amount of people I've been standing with/around, they are just in awe of the production/the sound.

The scale of their set up is an all out attack on the senses so I'm not surprised if people were just stood there trying to take it all in.

You should be embarrassed by that post

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Great gig. However like most of the comments on here, I was disappointed in the crowd. Reckon my friend and I were the only ones hyped about the event compared to the people around us who just, sorta, stood there and nodded their heads. I reckon over half the audience hadn't given their new Drones album a proper listen. But hey each to their own. And yeah like people on here I also sensed Matt didn't get as much a buzz from the crowd as he normally would, and noted he wasn't as animated as he usually is, pity!

Besides that, I thought The Handler was incredible! As well as Reapers, Psycho, Time is Running Out and of course Knights of Cydonia. I would've killed for New Born, Assassin or Stockholm Syndrome as well but maybe next time!

Oh and did anyone try the virtual reality thing before the gig? So cool !! Makes me wonder what gaming will be like in 10 years time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I think they missed the pit. That's the disadvantage of a stage like that. Hard to get moshing going during the heavy songs. Thus harder to play off energy of the crowd. They might not do that stage again for that reason.

Also, people don't listen to albums these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Was at the gig myself, and it blew me away as it was my first Muse gig.

I would agree with a lot of the sentiments above - missed Plug in Baby and Stockholm Syndrome, even Undisclosed Desires I thought could be excellent live.

There was definitely a low key input from crowd, which in turn I felt had an effect on the band somewhat....I thought they were just going through the motions somewhat, yet still were fantastic.

I think the whole Tuesday night thing is true, I think people were restrained within themselves...I certainly was, knowing I had to be in work for 8 o clock next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Good gig but holy god, the phones would drive you crazy. I'd almost prefer Muse on a plain stage which would reduce peoples urges to keep the phone out.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Good gig but holy god, the phones would drive you crazy. I'd almost prefer Muse on a plain stage which would reduce peoples urges to keep the phone out.

Some people are completely unable to just enjoy a gig. I shouldn't let it annoy me but it really does piss me off sometimes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Some people are completely unable to just enjoy a gig. I shouldn't let it annoy me but it really does piss me off sometimes.

I like taking pics myself I must admit which would annoy others, but I try be as quick as possible for a second and take fast ones. The people who leave their phones up for entire song clearly don't give a **** about anyone behind them though

Advertisement