Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - 3Arena Dublin - 5 April 2016

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Great, I was wondering how long it would take until this became yet another argument thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

If I have a criticism, it is about people who seem to think that in order to enjoy a gig, you have to be jumping around banging into people all throughout the gig.

I think somebody touched on it a few pages back. Muse fans have gotten older. The average age must have been early thirties at the gig.

A lot of us still fondly remember going nuts in the mosh pit at the Olympia many moons ago. I'm now older, fatter and grumpier. I stood back a bit at the gig but part of me was dying to surge forward and throw my body about the place!

I had work the next morning so went easy on the beer. I was also wearing a nice jacket so didn't want it kicked around on the dirty ground.

Growing old sucks! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

If I have a criticism, it is about people who seem to think that in order to enjoy a gig, you have to be jumping around banging into people all throughout the gig.

These people who go around banging into people are a menace .

I was at the Pixies in the Marquee a few years ago and suffered damage to my back,that I still have, because of imbeciles fueled up on drink and drugs ploughing into people from behind.
    They were kneeing people in the backs and just charging in every direction.
    Utter scumbags .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

First time seeing them live. Was hoping to hear Panic Station and Plug in Baby, but that aside it was an amazing show. Haven't seen any other bands put that much effort into the visual part of the show bar Rammstein.

Same here, I really wanted Plug In Baby and Stockholm Syndrome. It was a great visual show by Muse and it didn't surprise me much to learn this
    Beekay
    It used a lot of tricks that the wall did and when I looked it up The Drones tour has the same production manager.

The visuals reminded me a lot of Roger Waters Point shows and Gilmores Lansdowne gig. When it comes to visuals Pink Floyd still remain unsurpassed but Muse are well up there imo

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

To be honest, I don't care what the crowd did or did not do. If some people were dicking about jumping around, hurtling into people and generally just being a nuisance, you'd have the gig completely spoiled on you.

It's a bloody stupid argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Peter File wrote: »
    <snip> Is there a part of not standing when you buy a seat that you do not understand. <snip>
    Not wishing to answer for the poster you quoted, but not everyone who'd like to stand would be able to see much from the floor, while the tiering in the balconies helps people see over each other's heads. Of course, as I've acknowledged in my own post above, this is only fair if everyone in a section can stand and wants to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I think somebody touched on it a few pages back. Muse fans have gotten older. The average age must have been early thirties at the gig.

A lot of us still fondly remember going nuts in the mosh pit at the Olympia many moons ago. I'm now older, fatter and grumpier. I stood back a bit at the gig but part of me was dying to surge forward and throw my body about the place!

I had work the next morning so went easy on the beer. I was also wearing a nice jacket so didn't want it kicked around on the dirty ground.

I appreciate the enthusiasm you felt at gigs many moons ago, but perhaps when you used to go nuts in a mosh pit, there were people standing nearby, who were not participating in the mosh pit, who were on the receiving end of your body being thrown about the place?

Which of the various mosh pit moves, as demonstrated in the youtube video of hardcore dancing techniques, that I included in an earlier post, was your favourite?

Was it the shopping trolley one, the windmill, or the lawnmower?

Did the various moves have titles back then?

When you used to throw your body about the place, perhaps it was one of these moves you used, maybe it was the trombone, chainsaw or egg and spoon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Those were the days! Showbiz tour October 2000 with JJ72!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

@ Muahahaha Re "he visuals reminded me a lot of Roger Waters Point shows and Gilmores Lansdowne gig".

David Gilmour?
    Lansdowne gig??

David Gilmour hasn't played Ireland since his National Stadium gig in 1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

poundhound wrote: »
    @ Muahahaha Re "he visuals reminded me a lot of Roger Waters Point shows and Gilmores Lansdowne gig".

David Gilmour?
    Lansdowne gig??

David Gilmour hasn't played Ireland since his National Stadium gig in 1984.

sorry you're right it was Waters at Lansdowne, after he had done hid shows at the Point. Seeing the Wall at Lansdowne was some gig, it was the width of the pitch. Also the airplane that crashed into the Wall during the gig must be one of the best special effects I've ever seen at a gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

A bit of pushing and shoving would've been nice, Muse were still great though.

Don't know what you're trying to say about doing the windmill and shít, "moshing" is usually harmless and security will deal with any idiots who are out to hurt people. It's all part of going to a rock gig IMO.. It's always a minority who seem to be into it anyway, easy to avoid being shoved around if you don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Lads, I'm going to a gig tonight. Can someone quickly throw up a list of rules on how I'm supposed to act? If I don't know the words to a song, should I just murmur along to it so that people think I'm a real fan and I'm enjoying the gig? I don't want my lack of moshing to ruin anyone's night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

OhHiMark wrote:
    Lads, I'm going to a gig tonight. Can someone quickly throw up a list of rules on how I'm supposed to act? If I don't know the words to a song, should I just murmur along to it so that people think I'm a real fan and I'm enjoying the gig? I don't want my lack of moshing to ruin anyone's night.

Too late. You've ruined everybody's night.
    If you're not already queuing up outside for a pit pass then you're clearly not a real fan.
    Go home amateur. Leave audience participation to the pros.

Too late. You've ruined everybody's night.
    If you're not already queuing up outside for a pit pass then you're clearly not a real fan.
    Go home amateur. Leave audience participation to the pros.

Sorry I'm frantically trying to learn the chords so I can accurately air guitar.

A bit of pushing and shoving would've been nice, Muse were still great though.

Don't know what you're trying to say about doing the windmill and shít, "moshing" is usually harmless and security will deal with any idiots who are out to hurt people. It's all part of going to a rock gig IMO.. It's always a minority who seem to be into it anyway, easy to avoid being shoved around if you don't want to.

I was responding to the comments by others who posted here, who seem to go to gigs and rather than watch the band, seem to obsess that other members of the audience were; abysmal, an "awful crowd" and the "worst crowd of any muse gig".

I just responded by suggesting that if Texas Jack thought the crowd was crap, he could have, for example, initiated a massive circle pit around the stage and incorporated a wall of death into whatever activity he felt the audience should have been doing.

What with the stage being in the round, it could have been the most awesome circle pit/wall of death ever!

What exactly do people who think the audiences at gigs are crap, expect or require other audience members to be doing during gigs? Cartwheels? Line dancing? Roaring and shouting? Back flips? Long Jumps? Pole vaulting?

OhHiMark wrote: »

Did you enjoy Wolfmother?:)

Should the crowd have been ashamed of themselves?:)

Was the crowd "awful" and abysmal?:)

Was it even "worse" than the Muse crowd?:)

Were any of the various hardcore dancing moves identifiable?:)

I've no idea, crowd seemed grand. I was just enjoying the music. The support band were ****ing fantastic too. Electric Citizen.

Is it not a bit ridiculous that the word **** is censored on here?

I guess, one consequence of the censoring is that it could turn into a bit of fun, trying to guess which four letter swear word is being utilised!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Bit mad alright. If I want to eat some birthday **** on my birthday then I will. Stupid censoring.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

lertsnim wrote: »
    Bit mad alright. If I want to eat some birthday **** on my birthday then I will. Stupid censoring.

Here here. ****

Advertisement