Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - 3Arena Dublin - 5 April 2016

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

Set List at the weekend - Wouldn't be mad about it save for Citizen Erased

Psycho
    Reapers
    Plug In Baby
    Resistance
    The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
    Dead Inside
    Interlude
    Hysteria
    Citizen Erased
    Feeling Good
    Munich Jam
    Madness
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Time Is Running Out
    Starlight
    Uprising
    Mercy
    Knights of Cydonia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Mr Robot wrote: »
    Set List at the weekend - Wouldn't be mad about it save for Citizen Erased

Psycho
    Reapers
    Plug In Baby
    Resistance
    The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
    Dead Inside
    Interlude
    Hysteria
    Citizen Erased
    Feeling Good
    Munich Jam
    Madness
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Time Is Running Out
    Starlight
    Uprising
    Mercy
    Knights of Cydonia

These are the songs I'd have any excitement about seeing, having seen em a load of times now, but I've come to terms with the fact that Muse play very hit-orientated setlists. I have never once cared about a setlist during a gig though, that's the good thing about such a good live band.

Saying that, hopefully they will mix it up a bit, but they are notorious for sticking to sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Have a code available for the album if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Have a code available for the album if anyone wants it.

Hey,

I'd like a code,
    How do I go about redeeming it tho?

Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Hey,

I'd like a code,
    How do I go about redeeming it tho?

Thank you! :)

No bother man, sent it to you there. Link inside on how to claim it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

threein99 wrote: »
    This looks sold out, or standing is anyway

Says SOLD OUT for 3Arena alright on Muse.mu , tickets for Belfast still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Says SOLD OUT for 3Arena alright on Muse.mu , tickets for Belfast still available.

Just out of curiosity, what happens the tickets that have been put up on Ticketmaster's touting site, Seatwave, if they don't end up getting sold through Seatwave?

If they are not sold, do those who put tickets up on Seatwave, get them back, or are the tickets put back on sale, through ticketmaster.ie, near the date of the gig, at the original price?

There is a section on toutless.com, about the Muse gig, that might be worth checking regularly, for anyone looking for tickets:

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23730

http://www.toutless.com/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just out of curiosity, what happens the tickets that have been put up on Ticketmaster's touting site, Seatwave, if they don't end up getting sold through Seatwave?

If they are not sold, do those who put tickets up on Seatwave, get them back, or are the tickets put back on sale, through ticketmaster.ie, near the date of the gig, at the original price?

There is a section on toutless.com, about the Muse gig, that might be worth checking regularly, for anyone looking for tickets:

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23730

http://www.toutless.com/index.php

If they don't get sold on Seateave, they simply don't get sold on Seatwave. The tickets are held by individuals and not by Ticketmaster so those sellers may just sell them elsewhere, go themselves or pass them on. They don't go back on ticketmaster.ie however. Seatwave/TM is literally a middle man and they carry zero risk (tickets sold, they get a cut - tickets not sold, no loss for them).

Toutless is the best if you can pick up tickets. Try DoneDeal or Adverts too, generally some genuine people trying to sell there too.

eBay can be a little better than Seatwave if you can find tickets as at least you have protection through PayPal (Seatwave offers protection too) and the price on the site is the one you pay, I have recollections on Seatwave that the listed 'price' is still way way short of the final price with fees.

If they don't get sold on Seateave, they simply don't get sold on Seatwave. The tickets are held by individuals and not by Ticketmaster so those sellers may just sell them elsewhere, go themselves or pass them on. They don't go back on ticketmaster.ie however. Seatwave/TM is literally a middle man and they carry zero risk (tickets sold, they get a cut - tickets not sold, no loss for them).

Toutless is the best if you can pick up tickets. Try DoneDeal or Adverts too, generally some genuine people trying to sell there too.

eBay can be a little better than Seatwave if you can find tickets as at least you have protection through PayPal (Seatwave offers protection too) and the price on the site is the one you pay, I have recollections on Seatwave that the listed 'price' is still way way short of the final price with fees.

I noticed on Seatwave, for example the Muse tickets, that they have a booking fee which is added to the already inflated cost of the ticket.

This booking fee varies from ticket to ticket.

When buying tickets through Ticketmaster generally, the booking fee is within the face value price, and the extra charge is referred to as the service charge.

For many gigs, at different venues, the service charge at the Ticketmaster outlets is 2.15 euros per ticket.

When booking online through Ticketmaster, many of the gigs, for example in the 3Arena, Vicar Street or the Olympia, will have a service charge of 6.10 euros per ticket.

For example, the service charge, for many of the gigs in the 3 Arena, when buying online through Ticketmaster is usually 6.10 euros, for every type of ticket at each of the gigs.

An example is the Megadeth gig on 9th November. If you select standing tickets at 49.65 or seated tickets at 54.65 euros, the service charge is 6.10 euros per ticket for both ticket types.

Another example of this is, when booking on Ticketmaster's site, the service charge for Pat Short's show on Saturday 10th October in Vicar Street is 3.95, for all tickets for that show, and for Lucinda Williams on 19th January in Vicar St, the service charge per ticket is 6.10 euros, and the service charge for Paul Weller in the Olympia on 17th and 18th November is 6.10 euros per ticket.

How is Ticketmaster/Seatwave, justifying adding on to the heightened price of the tickets, different amounts of booking fees for different tickets sold for particular gigs - in this case Muse - through Seatwave, considering that the booking fee is usually within the face value price, and the service charge for tickets - when bought through ticketmaster's general outlets, or online - does not vary for the different ticket options for particular gigs.

I noticed on Seatwave, for example the Muse tickets, that they have a booking fee which is added to the already inflated cost of the ticket.

This booking fee varies from ticket to ticket.

When buying tickets through Ticketmaster generally, the booking fee is within the face value price, and the extra charge is referred to as the service charge.

For many gigs, at different venues, the service charge at the Ticketmaster outlets is 2.15 euros per ticket.

When booking online through Ticketmaster, many of the gigs, for example in the 3Arena, Vicar Street or the Olympia, will have a service charge of 6.10 euros per ticket.

For example, the service charge, for many of the gigs in the 3 Arena, when buying online through Ticketmaster is usually 6.10 euros, for every type of ticket at each of the gigs.

An example is the Megadeth gig on 9th November. If you select standing tickets at 49.65 or seated tickets at 54.65 euros, the service charge is 6.10 euros per ticket for both ticket types.

Another example of this is, when booking on Ticketmaster's site, the service charge for Pat Short's show on Saturday 10th October in Vicar Street is 3.95, for all tickets for that show, and for Lucinda Williams on 19th January in Vicar St, the service charge per ticket is 6.10 euros, and the service charge for Paul Weller in the Olympia on 17th and 18th November is 6.10 euros per ticket.

How is Ticketmaster/Seatwave, justifying adding on to the heightened price of the tickets, different amounts of booking fees for different tickets sold for particular gigs - in this case Muse - through Seatwave, considering that the booking fee is usually within the face value price, and the service charge for tickets - when bought through ticketmaster's general outlets, or online - does not vary for the different ticket options for particular gigs.

The booking fee is a proportion of the fee being asked for by the seller so the cut Seatwave gets varies from ticket to ticket. It's irrelevant of the gig, the location etc. It's simply X% of the fee plus a standard charge i think.

And they justify it by 'facilitating' the sale. And yep, they make money off fees when someone buys off TM direct and then again when someone buys off Seatwave. Why? Because they can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tickets landed this morning

The booking fee is a proportion of the fee being asked for by the seller so the cut Seatwave gets varies from ticket to ticket. It's irrelevant of the gig, the location etc. It's simply X% of the fee plus a standard charge i think.

And they justify it by 'facilitating' the sale. And yep, they make money off fees when someone buys off TM direct and then again when someone buys off Seatwave. Why? Because they can.

What I don't get is, why the extra charge on Seatwave is called a booking fee, considering it is known as a service charge, when buying through Ticketmaster generally.

When buying tickets through Ticketmaster generally, at outlets or online, the extra charge is called a service charge and the booking fee is within the face value price. Considering the booking fee is within the face value ticket price, the price of the booking fee for different tickets for the same gig does not change through general ticketmaster outlets, but on Seatwave, it does vary.

For example on Seatwave for the Muse gig, someone is selling a single seated ticket in block K row 36 for 199 euros, with a booking fee of 36.99 and someone else is selling a seated ticket in block A row 26 for 95 euros with a booking fee of 18.99 euros, but the original price of both of these seated tickets was 74.05 euros, with the booking fee within that 74.05 price. The 6.10 euros service charge was added if buying online - or 2.15 at an outlet - and a 1 euro facility charge was also added to the 74.05 ticket price.

(The 3 Arena and The Olympia now add a 1 euro facility charge per ticket.)

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/service_charges.html

"This per-ticket service charge is the main income for Ticketmaster and this cost varies from event to event, but it is always agreed in consultation with our client. This fee contributes to our credit/debit card processing services, merchant fees and distribution costs and also helps pay for the technology, including installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software, telephone lines, associated labour in addition to access control at venues that makes it possible to provide the most convenient - and safest - ticket buying options available".

"The amount of these fees used by Ticketmaster helps us cover getting you your tickets and technology costs. With other revenues it helps us to stay a profitable business, which in turn allows us to reinvest in our technology and the services we provide".

"Ticketmaster’s Service Charge is 12.5% of the ticket face value with a minimum of €1.50 (Republic Of Ireland) or £1.00 (Northern Ireland) up to a maximum of €6.85 (Republic Of Ireland) or £5.50 (Northern Ireland) including VAT".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

AGES away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Anyone know if ticketmaster will make some more tickets available closer to the gig?

Or do we think all ticketmaster tickets have been sold out already?

I didn't think it would sell out, this early at least, since it's on a Tuesday night.:(

Anyone know if ticketmaster will make some more tickets available closer to the gig?

Or do we think all ticketmaster tickets have been sold out already?

I didn't think it would sell out, this early at least, since it's on a Tuesday night.:(

Sometimes they release a few standing tickets closer to the gig if the staging doesn't take up as much space as they anticipated but that's entirely wait and see.

My mate had the same dilemma and I think he took the plunge and got some tickets off adverts or DoneDeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Sometimes they release a few standing tickets closer to the gig if the staging doesn't take up as much space as they anticipated but that's entirely wait and see.

My mate had the same dilemma and I think he took the plunge and got some tickets off adverts or DoneDeal.

Yep, will probably go down that road of getting tickets earlier as i'm planning on bringing the missus for her birthday.

Would be a bit sad staying up in the Gibson for her birthday with no concert to go to :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Hurry up April 5!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Any announcement on support acts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very 50/50 on this gig. They have gone very dance music orientated and moved away from the rock side of things. More of a plug in baby/hysteria fan myself than there newer albums. After seeing u2 last Nov this type of stage show has a lot to live up too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very 50/50 on this gig. They have gone very dance music orientated and moved away from the rock side of things. More of a plug in baby/hysteria fan myself than there newer albums. After seeing u2 last Nov this type of stage show has a lot to live up too

Maybe it's you're gone 50/50 on the band and not the gig itself? Lets be honest the 2 tracks you mention have a very high chance of being played when the gig rolls round.

Also "Dance" really? Electronic elements alright but they've certainly not left rock behind even their latest album is easily more rock orientated than Resistance or 2ndLaw.

If you want to compare Muse to U2 well Drones sh1ts all over U2s latest album and that didn't affect their stage show so you have nothing to worry about. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

7 months on and I think Drones is underrated as hell

The rockier tracks like Reapers, Defector, Revolt, Handler and Globalist are bloody brilliant and Psycho is what it is- a ridiculously bombastic OTT stupid tune

Texas Jack wrote: »
    7 months on and I think Drones is underrated as hell
    Underrated? It's been number 1 in UK, Ireland, USA, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Holland, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal and Switzerland.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Underrated? It's been number 1 in UK, Ireland, USA, Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Holland, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal and Switzerland.

You do know what underrated means, right?

One Direction have sold 60 million albums

Underrated is in relation to critical acclaim, not the correlation with sales

You do know what underrated means, right?

One Direction have sold 60 million albums

Underrated is in relation to critical acclaim, not the correlation with sales
    Yeah I do, just wondering who you want to tell you it's good?

Surely selling as many albums as Muse did is enough of an endorsement.

One Direction and Justin Bieber have sold more than Muse- does that make them good?

For what it's worth, Drones is the 3rd poorest selling Muse album after Showbiz OOS

One Direction and Justin Bieber have sold more than Muse- does that make them good?

For what it's worth, Drones is the 3rd poorest selling Muse album after Showbiz OOS

Not sure I get your point at all.

Anyway, roll on April

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

have a couple of hard copy seating tickets up on toutless if anyone interested.
    in block K, great seats. face value

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'd be surprised if many thought Drones was 'underrated' to be honest. I thought it was pretty poor when it came out and it certainly hasn't gotten better as months pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

might have to miss the show in april due to other things and a small interest in the gig. PM if anyone is interested in my ticket seated (Block F row 30 seat 171)

Advertisement