Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Usborne books

• 11-09-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this question falls under literature but does anybody have the Usborne series of books on ghosts and house haunting?. There's a story in one of them about a ghost that was supposed to take the form of an animal and scratched somebodies hand and then told them to 'put some ointment' on it.

I just remembered it from when I was a kid and I want to look the story up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭wreade1872

Seanachai wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this question falls under literature but does anybody have the Usborne series of books on ghosts and house haunting?. There's a story in one of them about a ghost that was supposed to take the form of an animal and scratched somebodies hand and then told them to 'put some ointment' on it.

I just remembered it from when I was a kid and I want to look the story up.

I have 'Supernatural World: Mysterious powers and strange forces'. It doesn't ring a bell but i'll check the ghost section and get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭wreade1872

wreade1872 wrote: »
    I have 'Supernatural World: Mysterious powers and strange forces'. It doesn't ring a bell but i'll check the ghost section and get back to you.

Nope i got squat, thought there might be something in the werewolf or demon sections if not in the ghost part but i can't find anything to what you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

wreade1872 wrote: »

I can't remember exactly which book it was in tbh, they were great books. I don't think they'd market them to kids now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I think I have that book in my Dad's house. I'll check.

Was there a story in in about a policeman who saw an image of a man holding an axe over his head, chasing an older man out of a house? There was a picture of the scene.

The story went that when the policeman drove further down the road, he saw the exact house he had seen in the apparition and when he knocked on the door, saw the same bearded young man who he had seen in the apparition, who instantly confessed to murdering his father with an axe?

If that story was in the book, then I have it and will get back to you over the weekend.

EDIT: This is the book I have at my Dad's.
    cover-Front.jpg

Advertisement