Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Recycling cancellation

Options
  • 11-09-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

So, my annual bin charge is up for renewal on 1 Oct and I got an email from greyhound to inform me of this and it listed different payment plans...

Plan A was €69.95 up front, plan B was €7 a month for 12months but 7x12 =84 and their email didn't state that this option would cost more in the long run, I was fuming that they didn't disclose this overcharging and rang them to tell them and also hope that they would offer me a compromise, they didn't!!

So I'm moving to thorntons they charge €50 annual bin charge.

If I cancel with greyhound are there any cancellation charges??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

In fairness the costs are there in black and white so probably no further clarification needed from Greyhound. You do need to also look at lift charges as well though to get the full picture

Read their terms and conditions carefully in regards to cancelling your contract. I have had an up and down relationship with Greyhound (all good at the moment) over the years and looked at cancelling a couple of times but if I recall correctly there is quite a long notice period required.

Also I think they will apply the annual service charge, via direct debit, to your account on the 1st October so depending on how much credit you have you will probably find you have a negative balance suddenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

In fairness the costs are there in black and white.

To be fair, They are not.
    I spent about 30 minutes searching their site and google searching for princing information and could not find any.

I wanted to know what weight I could have in brown bin before they start charging me for overweight.

I just could not find any info on their site about weights or prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭RuasMum

It annoyed me that they were not telling us that plan b would be dearer in the long run, and at first glance it looks way more affordable that 70 up front, in the email they were very clever wording it that know this time of year is hard on families I'd tough with back to school etc and heres a great offer that were offering and you will automatically be opting into this option if we don't otherwise hear from you, that to me sounds like they are hoping no one would cop onto the higher annual charge and would be able to skim €14 off the very people they are trying to help, sounded like a scam to me.

And iv had a wee read over the t&c's and I have to give at least 7days notice before the new policy comes into force and to avoid bin removal and cancellation fees I have to state that I'm cancelling my contract due to the increased charges that weren't there at the beginning of my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Greyhound now charging for green bin collection in my area. They are something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

sKeith wrote: »
    To be fair, They are not.
    I spent about 30 minutes searching their site and google searching for princing information and could not find any.

I wanted to know what weight I could have in brown bin before they start charging me for overweight.

I just could not find any info on their site about weights or prices.

Thats because they dont list their prices! You have to phone up and ask for them. They are horrific to deal with on the phone.

FYI they will log what they offered you if you query their prices. So if they its X amount, act horrific and say its too expensive. My mother said nothing when they quoted her 6 months ago and wanted to try charge her a higher price, than their current prices. As 6 months ago it was more expensive than now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

RuasMum wrote: »
    It annoyed me that they were not telling us that plan b would be dearer in the long run, and at first glance it looks way more affordable that 70 up front

At first glance 12*7 is cheaper than 70 euro, how?

It is a better offer for a lot of people, being able to spread payments is easier even if it is not cheaper in the long run.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement