Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

• 11-09-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

I've scrolled through various threads and haven't found the answer yet.

When will the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus be available to pre-order and launched in Republic of Ireland and if prices are available, please provide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

plu wrote: »
    I've scrolled through various threads and haven't found the answer yet.

When will the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus be available to pre-order and launched in Republic of Ireland and if prices are available, please provide

3 have a thing you can sign up to on their site to notify you when they have it. No solid date yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

Pre-orders start in UK at 8am tomorrow morning. Might be same for us. Prices same as last years iPhone 6. So 699 for 16GB 6s, and 799 for 16gb 6s Plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I don't think prices here will stay the same (Sterling hasn't fallen against the dollar, but the Euro has :() - Prices for Germany/France etc are already up at €739 for 16GB 6s.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/10/iphone-6s-and-plus-priced-higher-usd/

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

I believe the price here for say the 64gb 6s will be €869. Going by a sterling purchase on a card shows a conversion of the UK price to €875 so it may still work out cheaper on the Ireland Apple store...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

dan786 wrote: »
    Pre-orders start in UK at 8am tomorrow morning. Might be same for us. Prices same as last years iPhone 6. So 699 for 16GB 6s, and 799 for 16gb 6s Plus.

It's 539 for 16gb 6s. 699 gets you the 128gb 6s. Sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

It's 539 for 16gb 6s. 699 gets you the 128gb 6s. Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Jesus lads. At those prices is it worth it?

Incredible phones available for half the price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DareGod wrote: »

Similar prices to the Galaxy S6 Edge when buying direct and factory unlocked etc
    Will be cheaper on Bill Pay.

Some people buy bill pay and some buy straight out to avail of a current sim only plan or a friends and family plan that's a lot cheaper ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

They're iPhones though and this is the apple forum.

They're iPhones though and this is the apple forum.

...and..... we're not allowed ask people if they think the prices for an Apple product are too high or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don't know of any other that runs iOS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

...and..... we're not allowed ask people if they think the prices for an Apple product are too high or not?

Good lad, you got it in one. Now run along and troll elsewhere.

Well you are more than welcome to but it's pretty much a fruitless endeavour. Anyone discussing the purchase of a 6 or 6s probably doesn't consider money to be an issue so the idea of value doesn't come in to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Iphone 6S and 6S Plus are cutting edge phones. So are the Samsung Galaxy Edge and Edge+. All of these phones are priced accordingly and are in the same ballpark price wise.

If you are whining about the price of the iPhone but comparing it to a Samsung Galaxy Ace or some other, lesser Android phone, you are not comparing like with like. The iPhone and Samsung Edge are priced very similarly because they are comparable, technology wise. Anything else is a mismatch and is completely misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Teflon Ron

An incredible phone for 400 sim free? Hmmm.

I guess it depends on how you define 'incredible'.

If by that you mean the latest and greatest, I'm not so sure.

Works out cheaper to buy sim free than being on one of those stupid 24 month contracts (which I'm currently in!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

If you were commenting in a "general mobile device" forum or some such, then your point might be better received, but you are commenting in a forum dedicated to the company of the device you are criticising ... What do you expect?
    Like it was pointed out... If we are commenting on where/how to purchase a device then we have obviously already considering the pricing.

Are you guys for real?

I was asking for your opinions of the price of the iPhones. I've never seen such bizarrely defensive responses, especially when I wasn't even attacking.

And not that it should matter, but clearly it does to you all, my phone is an iPhone 5S and my computer a Macbook Air. If you want evidence, search my post history.

And my post was "trolling?" Jesus Christ. You're really living in some unhealthy messed up little bubble there.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea it's a valid question to ask, they are very expensive.

On the other hand they do hold their value quite well, if you were to sell it this time next year you'd recoup a good whack of your costs.

It would be interesting to calculate the cost of the latest iPhone on a bill pay plan (with the yearly upgrade addon attached), compared to buying and selling yourself each year and having a sim only mobile plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

awec wrote: »
    It would be interesting to calculate the cost of the latest iPhone on a bill pay plan (with the yearly upgrade addon attached), compared to buying and selling yourself each year and having a sim only mobile plan.

First time ever i will be going sim only mobile plan, as i upgrade every year anyway and in contract also, will be saving around €300 over 2 years and benefit of having sim free phone all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

tallpaul wrote: »
    Iphone 6S and 6S Plus are cutting edge phones. So are the Samsung Galaxy Edge and Edge+. All of these phones are priced accordingly and are in the same ballpark price wise.

If you are whining about the price of the iPhone but comparing it to a Samsung Galaxy Ace or some other, lesser Android phone, you are not comparing like with like. The iPhone and Samsung Edge are priced very similarly because they are comparable, technology wise. Anything else is a mismatch and is completely misleading.

It would be more s6 than edge?

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Have a reservation for Belfast 11:15-11:30am, if anyone wants to take it as I wont be able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hey guys,

Have a reservation for Belfast 11:15-11:30am, if anyone wants to take it as I wont be able to make it.

Hi what model and colour ?

Hi what model and colour ?

iPhone 6S 64GB Space Grey

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

iPhone 6S 64GB Space Grey

Ah ok, I'm looking for plus one, thanks anyway:-)

symbolic wrote: »
    It would be more s6 than edge?

S6 is the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Are you guys for real?

I was asking for your opinions of the price of the iPhones. I've never seen such bizarrely defensive responses, especially when I wasn't even attacking.

And not that it should matter, but clearly it does to you all, my phone is an iPhone 5S and my computer a Macbook Air. If you want evidence, search my post history.

And my post was "trolling?" Jesus Christ. You're really living in some unhealthy messed up little bubble there.

Mate, like you, I've been on the Apple bandwagon for years and currently have the iPhone 5s, MacBook Air,and iPad Air. However I feel that since Steve Jobs died, Apple products aren't as bullet proof as they once were, whether it's the bending issues with the iPhone 6plus, the silly release of the iPad mini (which Jobs was dead set against) and is now in a head to head battle with the phablet 6plus, or the increasingly buggy software releases. Apple are getting more like Microsoft where software is rushed out and it's up to the consumers to find the bugs, report them to Apple and then await the next update.

Anyways, back on topic, I'll be going sim free myself for the first time as I feel it'll work out cheaper in the long run instead of being tied to a 24 month plan. Plus you get far better deals on Sim only packages compared to the subsidised phone packages. Now all I have to do is decide between the 6s and the 6splus. I always felt that the plus was too big but seeing my colleagues manage fine on their Android phablets has me thinking that it might suit me better for work as well as play.

Might wait for the rush to die down first and see if there are any issues with the new releases like last years bendgate. Oh and of course it'll give me time to save up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Have any of the networks dropped iPhone 6 prices yet ? Need a new phone but don't want to buy if the price will potentially drop from next Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Have any of the networks dropped iPhone 6 prices yet ? Need a new phone but don't want to buy if the price will potentially drop from next Friday

Not sure about networks, but the apple.ie website has dropped the 6 and 6 plus prices for sim free handsets.
    I assume most networks will be offering the 6 on monthly bill with no up front cost within a few weeks at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

On another now, any idea of a planned release date of the iPhone 6s on the various networks.

Last year they were leased on this date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

i'm assuming this is nano sim or whatever it is these days (I have a - frickin useless - samsung core at the mo which I think is micro sim) so I'm assuming once I order sim free from Apple (first time not buying on contract) I just go into a 3 store and ask for a nano sim?

Advertisement