Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't agree with this at all as following that logic then there shouldn't be a store in Belfast.

Many US cities have multiple stores so there is no reason why one in Dublin with a popuation of 1 million would not work for Apple.

I'd say one will come eventully but Apple want the perfect location.

Belfast is in the UK. Just need to find a decent retail location there and it can rely on the existing UK physical sales organisation.

If they set-up a store in Dublin they need a new organisation to support brick and mortar stores in the Republic. Probably not their priority at this stage for just one store (maybe 2 if they find Cork large enough, but that's it) - and a lot of overhead.

Again, if you have a look at the list of countries with Apple Stores, every single one of them is a significantly larger market than Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Sitting in mass this evening... Bored out of my tree (I'm an atheist but had to bring my son).... And the boredom got the better of me. Purchased direct from Apple ... 6s Plus 64gb €979... Delivery between 16-20th
    At least now I can stop calling Compu B twice a day to see if they got stock in and just put it out of my mind now till next week.

Knowing my luck, Compu B will get a delivery Monday morning.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Stick an Apple Store in Dundrum Town Centre and the place will sell out!

Yes it will. But Apple tends not to open a store in a new country if they don't have short term plans to open a couple more in the same country.

At most Dublin can provide enough business for 2 stores and Cork might be enough for another one. It might eventually be enough for Apple to go ahead, but I'd say they probably have other countries higher on their priority list.

Easy to cancel the order from Apple :-)

Bob24 wrote: »
    Easy to cancel the order from Apple :-)

Ah sure it's done now... I've waited this long (I'm on a 5s) so I can wait another week

• Advertisement

I'm assuming the jump from 5s to 6s Plus is going to be huuuge though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Sitting in mass this evening... Bored out of my tree (I'm an atheist but had to bring my son).... And the boredom got the better of me. Purchased direct from Apple ... 6s Plus 64gb €979... Delivery between 16-20th
    At least now I can stop calling Compu B twice a day to see if they got stock in and just put it out of my mind now till next week.

Im not sure if I should get the Plus 64GB from Three in a colour that isn't what I wanted so I can save 80 quid from buying it from Apple.ie or wait in hope that they'll get it in Gold (they said they dont stock it atm)

I think the slate grey is the nicest colour. Mostly because all the other 3 have a white border around the screen which personally I find a bit jarring on the eye. The black borders have always been my favourite look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

Graham wrote: »
    As I said, new engine, new gearbox but looks the same on the outside.

Like I said, I'm getting one but only because it's a big improvement over my iPhone 5. If I had the 6, I would wait for next years 7 model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Domane

I think the slate grey is the nicest colour. Mostly because all the other 3 have a white border around the screen which personally I find a bit jarring on the eye. The black borders have always been my favourite look.

My first iPhone, the 3, had a black border (maybe they all did back then?) and I didn't like it. It's been white for me since on my iPhone and iPad.

Just ordered the 6s plus 64gb model from Apple after much deliberation between the 6s and the plus model. Thought the plus might be too big for carrying in pockets but the HD screen and my not so great eyesight swung it towards the plus in the end.

• Advertisement

Note Apple are calling the colour Space Grey. Slate Grey was only for the iPhone 5 which was quite darker (and less scratch resistant).

It all personal opinion but I'm always torn between the grey and silver options: for me the black screen border is much better in use (it makes the content stand out more, and more or less blends with the screen when using non full screen applications). On the other end looking at the phone as an object, I find the natural aluminium colour and white combinations to be a much more refined design choice (especially on the 6/6s with its curved lines).

Space grey/slate grey... Never even copped the difference.
    So the 6s plus will be a little lighter in colour to this current 5s then?

And yeah, it's all down to opinions and taste. The 5c's for example have been huge in terms of popularity. 2 of my sons want them for Christmas this year. I still think they are garishly ugly. The 5s on the other hand is beautiful.

Space grey/slate grey... Never even copped the difference.
    So the 6s plus will be a little lighter in colour to this current 5s then?

The 6s plus will actually be similar to the 5s in terms of coulour. It is the 5 which was quite darker than the 5s (they changed the "slate grey" coating of the 5 to a lighter "space grey" one on the 5s because the slate grey one was too fragile.

I thought the same when I first wanted an iPhone, but Im sick of black phones since my last 3 were black. Im not a fan of the grey on the back of the phone either. I might warm to it since Id be saving 80 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@savage tyrant
    Wasn't bothered in waiting for stores to stock the variant that I wanted
    Ordered direct from with delivery 13th to 16th
    Interesting to see delivery on Irish site is still next week while uk site is 2 to 3 weeks and USA is the same ..

As for Apple Store in Ireland it is something that is needed
    How is Apple getting away with not having one , isn't Ireland supposed to have some very close relationship with Apple with some company's set up here
    And we also always get stuck on 2nd wave releases

cramp wrote: »
    @savage tyrant
    Wasn't bothered in waiting for stores to stock the variant that I wanted
    Ordered direct from with delivery 13th to 16th
    Interesting to see delivery on Irish site is still next week while uk site is 2 to 3 weeks and USA is the same ..

As for Apple Store in Ireland it is something that is needed
    How is Apple getting away with not having one , isn't Ireland supposed to have some very close relationship with Apple with some company's set up here
    And we also always get stuck on 2nd wave releases

They don't have one to avoid tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Seems to be no problem with 6s 64 gb stock in Belfast was there today and friday. Cex giving 910 for the 6s unlocked they now have 3 of them and want 1070 for them.

raytaxi wrote: »
    Seems to be no problem with 6s 64 gb stock in Belfast was there today and friday. Cex giving 910 for the 6s unlocked they now have 3 of them and want 1070 for them.

Who the fûck would trade in a 6s after so little time?

I'm assuming an upgrade for 400 or so and 900 cash for trade in?
    Brutal way to get your hands on 500 quid considering they probably be locked in now for 24 months paying the premium on top of the bill

Some people baffle me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

They don't have one to avoid tax.

Myth

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Who the fûck would trade in a 6s after so little time?

I'm assuming an upgrade for 400 or so and 900 cash for trade in?
    Brutal way to get your hands on 500 quid considering they probably be locked in now for 24 months paying the premium on top of the bill

Some people baffle me.
    True locked into contract, but now have unlocked phone with net cost to me of free. Up front fee back minus some diesel costs. Can't see anyone giving Cex what they want for the unlocked phones but best of luck to them with that.

• Advertisement

Graham wrote: »
    Myth

No

Also,
    They're focusing on expansion in China. Ireland is adequately served through apple.ie and the Belfast store, theres not enough customers to make it worthwhile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

No

Cool, after years of hearing and reading this it would be nice to see some evidence.

No

Any evidence to back it up?

raytaxi wrote: »
    True locked into contract, but now have unlocked phone with net cost to me of free. Up front fee back minus some diesel costs. Can't see anyone giving Cex what they want for the unlocked phones but best of luck to them with that.

I don't get it... If you traded the phone in, how do you have a phone for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bob24 wrote: »
    Belfast is in the UK. Just need to find a decent retail location there and it can rely on the existing UK physical sales organisation.

If they set-up a store in Dublin they need a new organisation to support brick and mortar stores in the Republic. Probably not their priority at this stage for just one store (maybe 2 if they find Cork large enough, but that's it) - and a lot of overhead.

Again, if you have a look at the list of countries with Apple Stores, every single one of them is a significantly larger market than Ireland.

Does not make any sense to me as why can't they use existing UK network for Irish store like other UK businesses do here?

What sort of organisation do you need for a store anyway?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Does not make any sense to me as why can't they use existing UK network for Irish store like other UK businesses do here?

What sort of organisation do you need for a store anyway?

At least some dedicated HR/pay/legal staff as Irish legislation would be different from the UK's and I doubt they could pay Irish retail employees from the Apple international organisation in Cork without annoying legal implications for themselves.
    Also maybe some kind of local marketing team for these stores.

That might not seem huge, but the fact is there is not a single example of Apple setting up stores in a country which is not at least twice the population of Ireland's (and even then, it is in more urban and densely populated countries than Ireland).

Waiting till the 16-20th for delivery is torture.
    This 5s is dead to me.

Have a dispatch update on my Irish order so looks like expected delivery date of 13th to 16th could be Spot on ...looks like they have put aside units for Irish release
    Yours should be on time also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭sean72

Has anyone on the 13th-16th delivery schedule had theirs dispatched?

• Advertisement

cramp wrote: »
    Have a dispatch update on my Irish order so looks like expected delivery date of 13th to 16th could be Spot on ...looks like they have put aside units for Irish release
    Yours should be on time also

As above m8 yes !!!!!!

Advertisement