Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭sean72

cramp wrote: »
    As above m8 yes !!!!!!
    hadn't refreshed the tab :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Just got text and email that unit will be delivered tomorrow from Apple Ireland
    6s plus 64g slate grey .....!!!

Just had a look at the tracking
    They are been shipped from uk stock it seems and not starting off on China
    So u guys should your units on dates promised
    As my tracking info only starts in uk !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My delivery dates span the weekend... 16-20th... I'm desperately hoping it arrives on the Friday 16th. Otherwise I just know my luck I'll be waiting till Tuesday

My delivery dates span the weekend... 16-20th... I'm desperately hoping it arrives on the Friday 16th. Otherwise I just know my luck I'll be waiting till Tuesday

Yeah I got my email dispatch notice about an hour ago. My delivery dates 15th -19th but hoping at this rate to have it Wednesday 14th.....:). Looks like they're on the same truck lol

sean72 wrote: »
    Yeah I got my email dispatch notice about an hour ago. My delivery dates 15th -19th but hoping at this rate to have it Wednesday 14th.....:). Looks like they're on the same truck lol

My mate is getting the emails and whatever for my order (I'm hiding the full cost from the wife :D)... But he's out on the beer so I won't know if it was dispatched... I hope mines on the the same truck as you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭james998964

Tracking via dhl is online. Estimated delivery of 15th Oct. Original estimate was 16th-19th :)

Tracking via dhl is online. Estimated delivery of 15th Oct. Original estimate was 16th-19th :)

Niiiice!

got my 6s 64gb today :)

Where on DHL did you find their estimated delivery? I can only see dispatched date and the current location scan

If you bought a 6s+ 64gb sim free and regret it I bought a 6s 64gb sim free does anyone want to swap?

• Advertisement

Where on DHL did you find their estimated delivery? I can only see dispatched date and the current location scan

I got estimated delivery on apple.

I got estimated delivery on apple.

Ohhh.....just checked mine and it says 13th....happy days

Ohhh.....just checked mine and it says 13th....happy days

Strange.. Mine just changed from 15th to 13th!

Sounds like they've grouped at least Friday and Saturday orders on the same delivery schedule. Good news for you guys.
    My order was made Saturday evening. I doubt it's made that despatch batch (wish I had my order tracking details) but I can live in hope.

My hopes are now that an iOS 9 jailbreak isn't too far off... Losing the tweaks from my 5s is the one bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

Mine said 13th now saying delayed shipment on Apple and only arrived in DHL at 8.27 Dublin this morning

Hopefully it'll get out to me today

Gavin1980 wrote: »
    Mine said 13th now saying delayed shipment on Apple and only arrived in DHL at 8.27 Dublin this morning

Hopefully it'll get out to me today

Mine too ....
    I would expect it today also !

In the apple order status mine still says processing and delivery for 16-20th... Rage... Mine didn't make an earlier dispatch load anyway.
    Ah well

so my iPhone 6s 64gb cost be 869 and I pawned it this morning in CEX and got 910 euro & just order the same phone but a plus model

first world problems

Have you ordered it yet?... What are the estimated delivery dates for orders made today?

• Advertisement

Mine delivered today estimated delivery was 13th -16th
    Apple done a fine job from ordered last fri!

Also informed by text message on all stages from dispatch to just before expected delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

Hi,

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on whether to go for the 16GB or the 64GB when buying a 6S.
    Is it worth the extra €100 for the 64GB?

I tend to keep a few Spotify albums on my current phone (S4) as well as some pics. I dont think I've ever gone above about 10GB on it.

I can always transfer pics off the phone to the PC for storage.

I understand that the 6S pictures are higher quality so would require more storage space than something like my S4.

What would people recommend?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Go with the 64GB.

Less worries about space for apps and app data and having to keep an eye on it all the time.

Or else go with the 16gb and sign up to 50gb of iCloud for a euro a month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The 16GB only has about 12 or 13 gigs of useable space. It was barely useable before, but with live photos and 4K video, it's best to forget it exists and consider nothing lower than the 64GB. Even if you think you can get by with 16GB now, you won't in a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Same as what others said ... the 16GB is only an option as a purely work phone or for someone who has zero interest in any music, video, and advanced games usage.

Anyone else should go for 64.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Annie_Oakes

I purchased a 16GB 6s last week and already, even though I am nowhere near the limit I am wishing I got the 64GB, just for peace of mind.

Now, I am always conscious of app size when downloading and not being able to make all my Spotify stuff available all the time.

I'll prob get more iCloud storage if I need to, as it's great to have photos instantly available on desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

My iPhone6s+ 64GB arrived earlier. I was probably among the first to order on apple.ie (around 2am on Friday morning)...

The Plus size is fine and I'm coming from an iPhone 5... within 10 minutes of using it I already think my iPhone 5 is uncomfortably small...

The additional screen space + battery life + slightly better camera functionality make the Plus size the sensible option imo if you can afford it.

Forget about games and music. Photos and apps are what people care about and what are considered mission critical by most people. If you've had a 16GB iPhone 4 or upwards you'll know how frustrating it is reaching maximum storage in what seems like no time at all. For that reason you should got 64GB minimum if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

ok, ill definitely go for the 64GB.

Thanks a million for all the feedback

Komplett have all iPhone 6s in stock and ready to ship with free shipping
    10euro cheaper than Apple
    http://www.komplett.ie/group/iphone-6s-plus/default.aspx?utm_source=New2Kie&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Week_42

• Advertisement

Sent to wrong facility.. will be tomorrow now before I get it. This must be the 10th time DHL has done this with any post I have received off them :/

Advertisement