Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go with the 64GB.

Less worries about space for apps and app data and having to keep an eye on it all the time.

Or else go with the 16gb and sign up to 50gb of iCloud for a euro a month.

You seem to be confused about iCloud. It doesn't give extra storage space and unless you take 1000's of photos the 50gb will never fill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Are compuB selling 6s sim free now ?

Are compuB selling 6s sim free now ?

yes but only the 6s not the 6s+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Any of you guys looking at the Iphone 6s 64gb plus from 3? going for 899e!! would the price drop or rise in around christmas time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any of you guys looking at the Iphone 6s 64gb plus from 3? going for 899e!! would the price drop or rise in around christmas time?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My order made on 10th still says "processing items" in the apple tracker. :mad:
    People go ordered on the 9th have them in hand already.
    Fml... That'll teach me for thinking I'd get a shhhnakey one off Compu B on the Friday... That delay cost me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

My order made on 10th still says "processing items" in the apple tracker.

If it's any consolation, I ordered the same day as you and my delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow or Thursday, but my status is the same. "Processing items". Been refreshing all day hoping for "Preparing for dispatch".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

What you will see is people selling their upgrades from November onwards. If you keep and eye on Adverts.ie you will get yourself a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

Naasrd great, what would you look out for like some proof that it actually is a upgrade? Would I be able to unlock the phone myself or would I have to get some to do it?

Thanks.

T83 wrote: »
    If it's any consolation, I ordered the same day as you and my delivery date was supposed to be tomorrow or Thursday, but my status is the same. "Processing items". Been refreshing all day hoping for "Preparing for dispatch".

Any chance of the status of orderes changing/updating overnight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Any chance of the status of orderes changing/updating overnight?

I'm gonna say no. Anything I've ever bought from the Apple Store has always shipped morning/lunch time.

It's not gonna stop me from continuing to refresh every 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ordered Otterbox wallet for my 6s

efb wrote: »
    Ordered Otterbox wallet for my 6s

Got a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Naasrd great, what would you look out for like some proof that it actually is a upgrade? Would I be able to unlock the phone myself or would I have to get some to do it?

Thanks.

If it's a three phone there's very little chance of getting it unlocked.

Thanks.

I always go by the sellers rep, read through that first. Some come locked others unlocked. Last Christmas I bough a sealed 6 locked to Vodafone for 520 and bought an unlock on eBay for €15. As Guil said above, 3 is very difficult to unlock, probably impossible, but look into it. The 6s's will appear on Adverts in the coming weeks and from experience I would expect some to sell in the mid 600s, if you hold on and wait till nearer Xmas, when cash is king, you'll even do better. It's a great site based on reputation and full of bargains if you're prepared to meet people half way, I just picked up the Watch there two days ago for 350.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Sold a 6S last weekend on Adverts for 760. Was the 64gb gold. Sealed in box. Vodafone upgrade. Vodafone gave me my unlock code immediately.

Sold a 6S last weekend on Adverts for 760. Was the 64gb gold. Sealed in box. Vodafone upgrade. Vodafone gave me my unlock code immediately.

There is no unlock codes for iPhones.

guil wrote: »

He's being rhetorical, you might need to look that up.

naasrd wrote: »
    He's being rhetorical, you might need to look that up.

My god you're a grumpy little man in the mornings!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My god you're a pedantic little man in the mornings.

They unlocked it remotely then and the purchaser is very happy. Will that do? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

There ARE no unlock codes for iPhones. Clearly guil is no pedant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

My hopes are now that an iOS 9 jailbreak isn't too far off... Losing the tweaks from my 5s is the one bummer.

Here ya go!

http://modmyi.com/content/20743-how-jailbreak-your-ios-9-0-9-0-x-device-pangu-9-a.html

what is the best case for the iphone 6s+ ?

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I see the Apple Ireland store is now saying 2-3 week shipping for 6+ models.

awec wrote: »
    I see the Apple Ireland store is now saying 2-3 week shipping for 6+ models.

Looks like they had set aside a certain allocation for the initial orders separate from the UK stock... Now assuming they've all been assigned to orders the Irish market has fallen in line with the UK. Probably waiting on shipments from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

also to whom it concerns, i was one of the initial orders (iPhone 6s+) and got a samsung chip (the apparently smaller but hotter and reduced battery life ones)...

it's only a day in but no problems with battery life... i used the phone this morning for a solid 45 minutes browsing the web and watching videos and it stayed at 100% throughout... that was at 9am... 6.5 hours later of moderate usage and it's at 87%

my old iPhone 5 would typically be at about 50% or less at this stage but that was even with me disabling a bunch of background features and raising email fetch times etc... i haven't done any of that (yet) with the new iPhone...

My order is "preparing for dispatch"
    Any idea how long that stage lasts?... Am I likely to have it on Friday? (First day of my expected delivery range)

I ordered my 6S+ 64GB yesterday was dispatched today & is arriving tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

I ordered my 6S+ 64GB yesterday was dispatched today & is arriving tomorrow :D

How the fućk?... Mine was ordered on 10th and is still "preparing for dispatch"
    Ffs...

Advertisement