Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I love the speed of Touch ID in the 6s it's almost instant !!
    But has any notices that every now and then it will ask for passcode and Touch ID
    Will not work .....the only time I seen this on my iPhone 6
    Was when after powering off and on as it requests it for first use after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

cramp wrote: »
    I love the speed of Touch ID in the 6s it's almost instant !!
    But has any notices that every now and then it will ask for passcode and Touch ID
    Will not work .....the only time I seen this on my iPhone 6
    Was when after powering off and on as it requests it for first use after this

Touch ID seems to work perfectly for me.
    It's actually a bit too fast... Sometimes I'm just clicking to see the time or show somebody the live wallpaper. It's taking a little getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Touch ID seems to work perfectly for me.
    It's actually a bit too fast... Sometimes I'm just clicking to see the time or show somebody the live wallpaper. It's taking a little getting used to.

Yeah, waking the screen to swipe notifications doesn't happen any more because Touch ID is too fast...!
    Micky 32 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but compared to my old 6 the earpiece sound qulaity is not the same :-/

I've noticed the speaker isn't quite as loud on the 6S as the 6.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

DHL delivered my 6s this morning, which I wasn't expecting at all. I only ordered late on Wednesday evening and Apple's delivery estimates suggested Tuesday. Nice surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Zcott wrote: »
    I've noticed the speaker isn't quite as loud on the 6S as the 6.

I think I've seen this mentioned in some reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

DHL delivered my 6s this morning, which I wasn't expecting at all. I only ordered late on Wednesday evening and Apple's delivery estimates suggested Tuesday. Nice surprise.

When you ordered did it say 2-3 weeks to be dispatched?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When you ordered did it say 2-3 weeks to be dispatched?

No, 1-3 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Ordered my Iphone 6S 64 gig tonight. Hopefully will have it this week.

I've concluded that the Touch ID is in fact, too fast.
    I get 10/12 texts every morning between 8.30am and 11:30am and I don't get up till after that... I like to just click the home button and glance at the text to see who it's from and the roll back over in the bed... Now it's bringing me right into the phone. It's a little annoying.
    So much so I'm considering removing the memory of my right thumb from the Touch ID.

They definitely need to re-think Touch ID on the lock screen for the 6s. Pressing the home button shouldn’t immediately take you to the home screen. That should require either a second tap/press or a slide to unlock gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

I've concluded that the Touch ID is in fact, too fast.
    I get 10/12 texts every morning between 8.30am and 11:30am and I don't get up till after that... I like to just click the home button and glance at the text to see who it's from and the roll back over in the bed... Now it's bringing me right into the phone. It's a little annoying.
    So much so I'm considering removing the memory of my right thumb from the Touch ID.

Or just press the home button with a finger other than your thumb(s)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Or use the on/off button on the side...

Slowing down Touch ID is a ridiculous idea. If you don't like it either switch it off or unscan a finger or two. Its whole purpose is to get you using your phone as quickly and easy as possible and this is what it does! The issue is that people got used to how it originally reacted to a finger scan. For someone like me coming to Touch ID for the first time, its brilliant.

boreder wrote: »
    Or just press the home button with a finger other than your thumb(s)?
    tallpaul wrote: »
    Or use the on/off button on the side...

Slowing down Touch ID is a ridiculous idea. If you don't like it either switch it off or unscan a finger or two. Its whole purpose is to get you using your phone as quickly and easy as possible and this is what it does! The issue is that people got used to how it originally reacted to a finger scan. For someone like me coming to Touch ID for the first time, its brilliant.

I'm not saying slow it down. I like that it's fast and accurate.
    I have removed my right thumb from the memory and it suits me much better now. I can click the phone into the lock screen if I like and if I then want into the phone I can do that instantly with my left thumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

A better solution would surely be some sort of wake on raise that wakes up the screen when motion is detected that means the phone is upright. That's how the watch worms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Some people are never happy. If it was slower people would be saying it's slow/unresponsive.

Complaining about it being too fast is taking the piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Some people are never happy. If it was slower people would be saying it's slow/unresponsive.

Complaining about it being too fast is taking the piss

Agreed, but to be fair Apple is partly responsible for the confusion.

Given the speed, the home button is not really fit for purpose anymore as far as having a quick look at the clock or notifications goes (which is something most iPhone users would be used to doing).

Apple should be clear:
    - either they see it as a deliberate UI change and therefore they make it clear the only propose on the home button when the iPhone is locked is to unlock it (meaning the phone shouldn't do anything when someone presses the button and no fingerprint is recognised)
    - or they want the button to keep both functionalities, but in than case they need a more elegant way to differentiate between the two actions than pressing the button very quickly or with a finger which is not registered

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Has anybody had any luck with waking in and buying the Prepay 6s from a Three store? Wondering if I should order it online or go and see if they'd have in the shop.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone know if compub have got stock in of the 64gb 6s+?

Or anywhere I can buy an unlocked one in south dublin.

Left the house with a full battery this morning at 8.15am... Moderate to heavy use all day and it's now 10.20pm and I have 22% battery remaining.
    It's phenomenal.... And compared to my 5s it's nigh on futuristic. It would have needed minimum of 2 good half hour charges at some point during the day with similar use.
    1 major difference though arising from what I've read elsewhere is that I've resisted the urge to install the Facebook app. I browse Facebook in safari now, which means no notifications, but I never really relied on them much anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's an absolute gem of a phone.

• Advertisement

Took the plunge, ordered a 64gb plus from komplett last night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I never understand why people get such large storage, but I'm told I live in the cloud... 😂😂😝

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dinarius wrote: »

6 Plus v 6s Plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

You're just missing the fact that Komplett are selling the iPhone 6 Plus
    The Apple store link is pointing to an iPhone 6S Plus.

Silly me, sorry.

Komplett are a tenner cheaper.

D.

Ps. What's the best case for a 6s Plus? I don't mind a bit of bulk. A few suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Silly me, sorry.

D.

Ps. What's the best case for a 6s Plus? I don't mind a bit of bulk. A few suggestions would be nice. Thanks.

Surprisingly there's a brilliant case/wallet in the Tiger stores in Dublin.

Yea it's a tenner cheaper on komplett. I think they are European models of the phone cause when you add it to your basket it automatically adds an Irish plug converter.

Are there any benefits to buying at Apple rather than resellers out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Silly me, sorry.

D.

You'll never beat an Otterbox in my opinion, I've had them on all my phones over the last 5 years and after 2 years of use the phone is always like new

• Advertisement

You'll never beat an Otterbox in my opinion, I've had them on all my phones over the last 5 years and after 2 years of use the phone is always like new

Thanks. That's exactly what I had been considering. Not the slimmest or neatest but, as I said, I don't mind a bit of bulk.

D.

Advertisement