Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Dinarius wrote: »
    Thanks. That's exactly what I had been considering. Not the slimmest or neatest but, as I said, I don't mind a bit of bulk.

D.

The commuter series are the ones I always use and they definitely don't feel too bulky. I got the invisible shield glass screen protector as well and find it great, doesn't feel like there's anything on the screen at all! If you buy it in carphone warehouse they'll put it on for you and it has a lifetime warranty in case it gets scratched or anything, I've had mine replaced twice in the last year in my iPhone 6 with no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I'm already selling my 6s, there are too many things I am missing on iPhone that I cannot do now :( I tried both 6 plus and 6s and I still have things i require more than a nice looking iPhone and a lot of good working apps. Things that cannot be done on any other phone than a blackberry passport.

Guess I need to stick with blackberry as phone and iOS as tablet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Asmooh wrote: »
    I'm already selling my 6s, there are too many things I am missing on iPhone that I cannot do now :( I tried both 6 plus and 6s and I still have things i require more than a nice looking iPhone and a lot of good working apps. Things that cannot be done on any other phone than a blackberry passport.

Erm...ok. Enjoy your strawberry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

What kind of things.. Maybe someone here would know of an app to help, or if not we can make it and become millionaires! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Cool story bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Actually I'm serious see my points below:
    After 2 months of using an iPhone 6 Plus and now my 6s I decided to go back to blackberry, my blackberry passport was for repair and I will get it back next week so I got all the time I had to get adjusted to iOS on my phone and see what I like and don't like. I don't want custom keyboard and I don't want jailbreak and want to use default things.

I type a lot on my phone, email, chat, blogs and all kind of things. Making pictures with it and I'm a power user when it comes to typing. I type in 3 different languages all the time and I use suggestions a lot, also notifications are important to me.

The things I just can't deal with on my iPhone:
    - Need to press a button for switching typing language (I don't need this on blackberry and can continue typing it will change automatically)

- notifications for apps are limited (I thought this won't be an option but I need way more custom sounds for every app so I know what is what)

- email ( sending emails is annoying, when I'm in an email and need to attach a file or picture I cannot just attach it.. Maybe I'm stupid but in the default mail app I cannot find a way to do this, cannot change font etc)

- multitasking (it's good but does not beat the active frames on bb os10)

- Notification Center (I never use it and swiping down from top isn't really the best way for me. Opening an app isn't either, the blackberry hub is something I still need on daily basis)

- battery (both my iPhone 6s and 6 plus could handle trough the day but just barely and I need even more power)

- screen brightness (I need to put it higher when walking outside while my passport I always had on 0%)

There are more things that I missing that I could though I can live without but for some reason it's like "oh wait I can't" while there are so much things on iOS I like, example able to restore my iPhone to last backup when I get a new one and it saves my wifi passwords. iCloud both backup and website. Touchid and figerprint is awesome and that is something I would really miss. And so much more! But the thing I still miss the most is the touch sensitivity hardware keyboard on the passport, able to have a real keyboard and still can swipe on it. A lot of times I swipe left on my keyboard to remove a word but I can't and still not used to it.

Because I absolutely love iOS like I always did i will buy a iPad pro instead because then I can do everything I need to do, yes there are a few things I still cannot do but I use the computer for it.

Anyway to make a story short, I absolutely love my iPhone and there are so many good things about it but for my personal I require more. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Picked up my 6s 64gb Space Gray yesterday in Compub Swords, coming from an iPhone 5 I can see how much faster and better the phone already is, I'll see how the battery life is over the next few days because the one on the iPhone 5 was ****e. So I was deciding wether to switch to android or stick with Apple, in the end I stuck with the iPhone, I hope I won't regret it. Glad to see I get 4G in my house now while I was only getting 3G on the 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Davexirl wrote: »
    Glad to see I get 4G in my house now while I was only getting 3G on the 5.

Who's your network?

Thanks.

D.

Dinarius wrote: »
    Who's your network?

Thanks.

D.

Meteor, was only getting 3G in Leixlip and now 4G all the way into Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 minty8200

Hi
    Just so you know you can't get 4G on ID MOBILE if you have an iPhone, doesn't matter what model phone.

There not on the carrier file apparently, what ever that means.

What a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

So took a gamble and went back to android to the LG G4 its a great device but a shame android is still a pain.

I'm half thinking of trading it and my iPhone 5 in and buying the 6s.

Does it have any issues ala bend gate, camera crescent, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Mourinho wrote: »

Does it have any issues ala bend gate, camera crescent, etc?

It's a S ... old design but no issues ;-)

The only reported "gate" is the fact that there are 2 chip manufacturers and on of the chips uses less energy than the other ... but serious sources have confirmed there is no significant difference in real use.

Bob24 wrote: »

The only reported "gate" is the fact that there are 2 chip manufacturers and on of the chips uses less energy than the other ... but serious sources have confirmed there is no significant difference in real use.

Anyone else finding updating apps is taking ages, I thought it was the wifi at home but no it's not that, apples servers must be running extremely slow.

Anyone else finding updating apps is taking ages, I thought it was the wifi at home but no it's not that, apples servers must be running extremely slow.

yup noticed that today but its back to normal now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Bob24 wrote: »

Nooooice :pac: Battery life and camera getting outdated was my main issue with the iPhone 5, how would ye rate the 6s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

minty8200 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just so you know you can't get 4G on ID MOBILE if you have an iPhone, doesn't matter what model phone.

There not on the carrier file apparently, what ever that means.

What a joke.

I don't see why it's a joke. As far as I am aware, this new MVNO made it clear on launch that they would not be offering 4G until 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It's horrendously slow at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Tyrell Wellick

Bought my girlfriend a new 6S on Friday (Pay as you go, unlocked to any network) Set me back 780 but she's thrilled and I'm no longer in the dog house :D

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Where's the best place to get insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

awec wrote: »

I stuck mine on my house insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Blue

Chill

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am looking at insurers, it seems they have quite a lot of get out clauses. None of them seem to cover the situation of someone grabbing the phone out of your hand and running off for example. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I am looking at insurers, it seems they have quite a lot of get out clauses. None of them seem to cover the situation of someone grabbing the phone out of your hand and running off for example. :(

And don't forget the excess...

I think you're as well off putting a few bob aside each month that you would have put into insurance, that way if you need to replace you'll be a good way towards it and if you don't then by the time you want to upgrade to a newer model, you have the few quid already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

And don't forget the excess...

I think you're as well off putting a few bob aside each month that you would have put into insurance, that way if you need to replace you'll be a good way towards it and if you don't then by the time you want to upgrade to a newer model, you have the few quid already.

This is by far the best option.

How much would you get for a week old unlocked 64gb 6S?

Upgraded from the iPhone 5 and am now thinking should I have gone for the new Sony Z5 or the S6 Edge. I am very happy with the 6s just thinking the change to android would feel like something new after all these years on ios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Which is probably one of the most common ways of stealing a phone these days.

Agreed, in my opinion once you take into account all the get out clauses, the excess charges, and the fact that many of them will purposingly drag their feet to process claims to discourage people - dedicated mobile insurance companies are not good value for money and it is better for people to just save the money they would pay in premiums and use it as a fund in case something happens.

You might have a bit less money when something happens, but no paperwork, no excess, not 2 months wait to get a new phone, and no bad surprise being told your phone is not covered because it was not purchased from the right country, not stolen in a fashionable manner, or not broken in a way the insurer feels like covering.

If you have a home insurance allowing to add it for free or for a small fee, it might be something to look at tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Anyone upgrading froma Iphone 6 plus to a iphone 6s plus, Any difference on speed etc? Worth the extra few quid around Christmas time? Wyhere should i get it from Adverts?

Thanks

when you place an order for an iPhone do Apple take on order or dispatch?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

How much would you get for a week old unlocked 64gb 6S?

Upgraded from the iPhone 5 and am now thinking should I have gone for the new Sony Z5 or the S6 Edge. I am very happy with the 6s just thinking the change to android would feel like something new after all these years on ios.

I'll give you €400 cash subject to verification of provenance

Advertisement