Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Davexirl wrote: »
    How much would you get for a week old unlocked 64gb 6S?

Upgraded from the iPhone 5 and am now thinking should I have gone for the new Sony Z5 or the S6 Edge. I am very happy with the 6s just thinking the change to android would feel like something new after all these years on ios.

What colour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

my friend wrote: »
    I'll give you €400 cash subject to verification of provenance

You'll get the receipt for €400 more so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

What colour?

Space Grey but I've decided I'm going to keep it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Am I right saying that the vibration on the 6s is much quieter than previous iPhones? I'm coming from 5 which I used exclusively in silent mode with vibration turned on. If the phone was on a table the vibration was very noisy but I often didn't feel it in my pocket. Where as with the 6s, I'm finding the opposite. It's so quiet while sitting on a table that I miss it while it feels more noticeable in my pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Am I right saying that the vibration on the 6s is much quieter than previous iPhones? I'm coming from 5 which I used exclusively in silent mode with vibration turned on. If the phone was on a table the vibration was very noisy but I often didn't feel it in my pocket. Where as with the 6s, I'm finding the opposite. It's so quiet while sitting on a table that I miss it while it feels more noticeable in my pocket.

I definitely find the same. The Taptic vibrate engine thingymabob (technical jargon) is completely different in the 6s range. Apparently it had to be to react more naturally to force touch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Have my 6s ready for return. Going for 6s Plus, find the bigger screen is easier for my eyes and better battery will be great as I'm a low to mid user anyway.

Going to rock an old Nokia for next week or two until refund is processed and plus is delivered! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Bought a 6S Plus at the weekend, had always had an Android phone til now but do have an iPad.

I really like it, the quality can't be denied, and I really like the user interface, Apple Pay and how fast and smooth it all is.

However, the single biggest thing annoying me is no longer being able to have voice memos/recordings as notification tones on Whatsapp. This is ultra irritating and I don't know why you can't just have your own sounds as a notification! It seems the only way round this is to jailbreak the phone and overwrite the built-in tones but I really don't want to do this. :(

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

iOS is pretty locked down when it comes to notification sounds. You can't even change the default notification sound without jailbreaking.

At least Whatsapp allows you to change it so that you can set the same tone as sms and you can set a different tone for certain groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

awec wrote: »
    iOS is pretty locked down when it comes to notification sounds. You can't even change the default notification sound without jailbreaking.

At least Whatsapp allows you to change it so that you can set the same tone as sms and you can set a different tone for certain groups.

I'm may not be understanding you correctly, but you can definitely have your own ringtone without jailbreaking.

Apologies if I've picked this up wrong!

D.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dinarius wrote: »
    I'm may not be understanding you correctly, but you can definitely have your own ringtone without jailbreaking.

Apologies if I've picked this up wrong!

D.

You can change ringtone and you can change SMS tone, but you can't change the tone that plays when you get a notification from third party apps (e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc).

Unless that app has added it's own functionality to do it (like Whatsapp).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

have a quick question I don't really know where else to ask and this thread seems the busiest.

My wife and I have a family calendar set up. I booked us a surprise holiday the other day on booking.com and the calendar app picked up on this through my gmail account and it sent the event to the calendar's inbox for adding to the calendar or ignoring.

I "ignored" it of course as I don't want it in the calendar yet. My question is did my wife also get the notification that this had arrived in her calendar inbox. Or does it only give me the option as it was my email account used. She has her own email account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

Just wondering I'm looking at adverts and I'm not seeing much 6s plus 64gb at fairly reasonable price? Like will there be more around Christmas? Just wondering...

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Just wondering I'm looking at adverts and I'm not seeing much 6s plus 64gb at fairly reasonable price? Like will there be more around Christmas? Just wondering...

Thanks
    why not just buy from Apple?

Actually don't have the money from the IE store, can buy off us store and my friend to either bring it back with him or ship it back to
    Me, I'd rather less hassle and get it off like adverts...

Thanks.

How much are you really expecting to save when the phone is only a few weeks released?

podge018 wrote: »
    have a quick question I don't really know where else to ask and this thread seems the busiest.

My wife and I have a family calendar set up. I booked us a surprise holiday the other day on booking.com and the calendar app picked up on this through my gmail account and it sent the event to the calendar's inbox for adding to the calendar or ignoring.

I "ignored" it of course as I don't want it in the calendar yet. My question is did my wife also get the notification that this had arrived in her calendar inbox. Or does it only give me the option as it was my email account used. She has her own email account.

I'm 99% sure she wouldn't have got the notification.... I hope not anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/bb/Mobile-Phones/N=3+1288768/

Those prices for the 6s can't be right can they?

€552 for the 16GB
    €715 for the 128GB
    €808 for the 128GB 6s plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Vic_08 wrote: »
    http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/bb/Mobile-Phones/N=3+1288768/

Those prices for the 6s can't be right can they?

€552 for the 16GB
    €715 for the 128GB
    €808 for the 128GB 6s plus

They're excluding VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

pogsick wrote: »
    They're excluding VAT

It does say "€715.86 incl. VAT" for a 6S 128GB: http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Apple-Smartphone-6S-128-GB-Rose-Gold/id=8020553&pr=QDN/

There must be something unclear about it tough ... I can't believe anyone can sell a brand new european model with warranty for that price.

pogsick wrote: »
    They're excluding VAT

No they aren't.

6s plus €657 ex vat, €808 inc. also inc delivery direct from apple.

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    It does say "€715.86 incl. VAT" for a 6S 128GB: http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Apple-Smartphone-6S-128-GB-Rose-Gold/id=8020553&pr=QDN/

There must be something unclear about it tough ... I can't believe anyone can sell a brand new european model with warranty for that price.

That's what I was thinking. Viking are far from a dodgy chinese ebayer though and if it is shipped direct from apple then it has to be genuine?

I'm looking for a reason not to break out the CC cause you could make a decent wedge reselling these.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Viking are far from a dodgy chinese ebayer though and if it is shipped direct from apple then it has to be genuine?

I'm looking for a reason not to break out the CC cause you could make a decent wedge reselling these.

If you do order and there is no issue let us know - I'd certainly get one as well :-)

But yeah we are on the same page ... never seen any iPhone anywhere been so heavily discounted so close after the release date (I know the 6S is not selling as well as Apple would like to, but still). Even if the online store is a reputable one, there must be something!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I know the 6S is not selling as well as Apple would like to, but still

I got no hint of disappointment when they announced sales of 13million devices in the first three days.

That aside, I suspect this is a pricing error by Viking. One which their Ts and Cs will allow them to back out of and the main reason I haven't clicked on the buy button :D

Graham wrote: »
    I got no hint of disappointment when they announced sales of 13million devices in the first three days.

Me neither, but then again my name is not Tim Cook and and don't have large quantities of Apple stocks :-)

On a serious note, investors seem to be disappointed though. And there has been a few articles explaining that if you factor in the fact that China got the 6S on the original launch day this year (as opposed to previous years where it arrived weeks later), this year's 13 million units (with China) are actually not that impressive compared to last year's 10 million units (without China).

On a serious note, investors seem to be disappointed though.

That story is rehashed every year. Each year I'm sure the same bunch of short sellers chuckle as they backfill their sales. Give it a week or two for the stock to recover to at least its previous position then wait for the *gate while they do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Apple have done such a fantastic job marketing wise. Even when we see what would not be a crazy low price for what you're getting(if you hadn't seen the prices on Apples website) , we assume it's wrong and won't click on it.

Hats off to you apple :)

symbolic wrote: »
    Apple have done such a fantastic job marketing wise. Even when we see what would not be a crazy low price for what you're getting(if you hadn't seen the prices on Apples website) , we assume it's wrong and won't click on it.

Hats off to you apple :)

Alternatively, we know that Apple rarely discount so the likely outcome is you'll see any order cancelled and your money returned at some point in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Graham wrote: »
    Alternatively, we know that Apple rarely discount so the likely outcome is you'll see any order cancelled and your money returned at some point in the future.

Oh I agree.

I just mean 800 quid is not crazy for what you are getting.

800 quid for an 6s plus has to be a mistake? Anyone ordered from them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

On Apple direct 128GB 6S is €979 versus Viking it's €715 ? Surely a mistake ??

Advertisement