Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Is it ok to order from Viking if I dont have my own buisness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

annie.t wrote: »
    Is it ok to order from Viking if I dont have my own buisness?

Yes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Has anyone here tried ordering from Viking at these prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Someone from this thread did order: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057519829

Someone also called vikingdirect.ie to inquire about the price, so I recon if it is a mistake it will be fixed soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I placed an order so will see. Fully expect the email tomorrow about the price was incorrect

• Advertisement

Keano wrote: »
    I placed an order so will see. Fully expect the email tomorrow about the price was incorrect

I think so as well ... but good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

About the chip thing...
    I bought a brand new 6s from Apple the other day and was the Samsung chip inside. As soon as I set it up and had it connected to iTunes through my pc I noticed the thing was much hotter then usual. Seems like the sites are correct about the Samsung chip being worse of the two.
    I'm sending it straight back and going to try and get my hands on one of the other tsmc chip somewhere down the line.
    My 6 has a tsmc chip in it and runs fine, and no overheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Don't send it back. It gets hot during setup so just give it a few days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If it's charging, syncing and being used all the same time it's obviously going to get hot. As Zcott said, wait before sending it back.

There's nothing wrong with the Samsung chips, so if it is overheating it's likely due to another reason like a bad battery. This whole Chipgate saga has been mostly put to rest since Consumer Reports released their report in which they found "no appreciable differences in battery life or temperature between the iPhones 6s models with the varying chips". It was just another bull**** controversy over nothing.

http://www.consumerreports.org/smartphones/battery-tests-find-no-chipgate-problems-in-the-iPhone-6s

Bob24 wrote: »
    Someone from this thread did order: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057519829

Someone also called vikingdirect.ie to inquire about the price, so I recon if it is a mistake it will be fixed soon.

The 6S is now marked as unavailable on the website with no more price displayed. If those who did order can confirm what is happening with their orders I would be curious :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

Can you buy in the Vodafone shop without signing up to a bill yet?

Can you buy in the Vodafone shop without signing up to a bill yet?

Seems so: http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/apple-iphone-6s-64gb-pay-as-you-go-space-grey

But it will be locked - might be a better idea to buy direct from Apple.

Advertisement