Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

S6 is the edge.

Not quite. There are 2 S6's, normal S6 and S6 edge.

I'm due an upgrade with 3 ( was 02) wondering whether to buy contract or sim...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

hdowney wrote: »
    i'm assuming this is nano sim or whatever it is these days (I have a - frickin useless - samsung core at the mo which I think is micro sim) so I'm assuming once I order sim free from Apple (first time not buying on contract) I just go into a 3 store and ask for a nano sim?

Yes, they should cut one for you in store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

hdowney wrote: »
    i'm assuming this is nano sim or whatever it is these days (I have a - frickin useless - samsung core at the mo which I think is micro sim) so I'm assuming once I order sim free from Apple (first time not buying on contract) I just go into a 3 store and ask for a nano sim?

Or you can just it down to size with a scissors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Or you can just it down to size with a scissors.

I'd likely make a balls of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

S6 is the edge.

There's an s6 and an s6 edge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

symbolic wrote: »
    There's an s6 and an s6 edge.

Both pretty much the same spec wise, aside from the slightly increased screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@akadesign

Was wondering the same bout Irish release date , bought from Apple uk last year , decided to wait for Irish release this year
    But no anouncments so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

If last years pattern is repeated, it should be available to order on Apple.ie at the end of the week but it'll immediately be 3/4 weeks for delivery.
    That's my hope anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

This afternoon Apple should send a press release about the first weekend sales. Hopefully they'll include an update on the wave 2 countries.

I think it's a bit tight for the release to be this Friday. October 9th is more likely at this stage.

kceire wrote: »
    Both pretty much the same spec wise, aside from the slightly increased screen?

Yeah looks like just the curved screen being the difference.. From a quick glance at specs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Anyone know when the network providers will release details of their prices and charges for the new iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

For what it's worth, my 16g 6s plus (£619) came in at €866 on the credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Hot off the presses - http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2015/09/28Apple-Announces-Record-iPhone-6s-iPhone-6s-Plus-Sales.html

October 9th for Ireland and others. No mention of preorder. If past experience is anything to go by the phone companies will play chicken right up to launch date with nobody wanting to be first to show their hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Not quite. There are 2 S6's, normal S6 and S6 edge.

I'm due an upgrade with 3 ( was 02) wondering whether to buy contract or sim...

The S6 edge is just the S6 with the curved screen and "edge" capabilities, they're the same phone.

naasrd wrote: »
    For what it's worth, my 16g 6s plus (£619) came in at €866 on the credit card.

Ouch :)

symbolic wrote: »
    Ouch :)

Not to mention that the resale value of a 6 on Adverts has plummeted. Considering you can get a sealed one there from 520-30 at the moment, if you're thinking of selling, get in now and expect offers in the low 400s range.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paulo84

pasted from gsmarena:

Apple has announced that it has set a new sales record for the new iPhone 6s and the 6s Plus during the opening weekend. The two phones combined have sold more than 13 million units in the first three days of launch in the 12 countries they were available in, including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK and the US.

To put the number into perspective, the previous iPhone 6 and 6 Plus sold 10 million units combined, the the 5s and 5c before that sold 9 million units combined.

Apple has reiterated that it will be bringing the 6s and 6s Plus to additional 40 additional countries worldwide.

Starting October 9, the phones will be available in Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I managed 600 off mine a week before the 6S came out. Haunted.

My brother is getting a 6S on upgrade on the 9th but is just going to sell it on straight away. What's generally the most popular colour for resale ? Space grey?

I managed 600 off mine a week before the 6S came out. Haunted.

My brother is getting a 6S on upgrade on the 9th but is just going to sell it on straight away. What's generally the most popular colour for resale ? Space grey?

Gold 16g's were getting anything up to 60 euros more. I was getting offers of between 430-50 for my silver 6, saw gold a one getting offers of 520.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Do we know the Irish store prices then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Do we know the Irish store prices then?

iPhone 6s €749 €859 €969
    iPhone 6s Plus €859 €969 €1079
    http://tweakers.net/nieuws/105500/apple-brengt-iphone-6s-volgende-week-uit-in-benelux.html

think the irish prices are around the same?

naasrd wrote: »
    Gold 16g's were getting anything up to 60 euros more. I was getting offers of between 430-50 for my silver 6, saw gold a one getting offers of 520.

I reckon i'll tell him get the 64gb gold one then, probably his best bet?

Or should he stick to the 16gb?

Asmooh wrote: »
    iPhone 6s €749 €859 €969
    iPhone 6s Plus €859 €969 €1079

think the irish prices are around the same?

not necessarily the same. Americans tend to prefer Irish to benelux. VAT is also a factor. not sure though.

The difference will be at most a tenner.

More than likely the same price EU-wide though.

And are any bricks and mortar store likely to have it on the 9th I wonder.
    I wouldn't even mind so much if it's network locked.

Ordering on the 9th is gonna be the end of the month for delivery I'd say. :(

The difference will be at most a tenner.

More than likely the same price EU-wide though.

hmm yeah i think you're right. iPad mini 4 is actually more expensive on Apple Ireland than on Apple Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

paulo84 wrote: »
    hmm yeah i think you're right. iPad mini 4 is actually more expensive on Apple Ireland than on Apple Netherlands.

iPhone 6 is €649 on Irish Store, €639 on Dutch store... not a huge difference... i expect 6S will be the same..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 hu4rorZ

when they say the 9th, is that for sale on the 9th, or preorder on the 9th?

Advertisement