Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

hu4rorZ wrote: »
    when they say the 9th, is that for sale on the 9th, or preorder on the 9th?

For sale on the 9th. There isn't any preorder through Apple

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hu4rorZ

thanks, didnt know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

iPhone 6 is €649 on Irish Store, €639 on Dutch store... not a huge difference... i expect 6S will be the same..

Prices came out today;

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/apple-iphone-6siphone-6s-plus-new-phones-to-go-on-sale-here-october-9-31564671.html

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

As far as I can recall with Irish release of the 5s 2 years ago there was an Irish pre sale of a week before release !
    Went uk route last year so can't recall if these was an Irish presale of the 6
    So maybe midnite this Thursday might be worth checking !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Yeah last year the networks did a preorder a week before the official release, so I'd imagine it will be the same again this year.

So keep your eyes peeled over the coarse of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Three / Meteor / Vodafone all have there register your interest pages up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

For sale on the 9th. There isn't any preorder through Apple

I've seen some rumours this morning on spanish sites of Apple allowing preorders at midnight this Thursday night/Friday morning. No details and they might be confusing carrier preorders with Apple itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The emails won't be sent until minutes after the phones go live on the sites I imagine.

Thursday night at midnight or Friday morning around 9ish is the most likely for carrier pre-orders I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Went the UK route myself and received my 64GB 6S at Parcel Motel last Saturday. Looking at the Irish prices in the Indo article it appears that I saved money also by buying from the UK, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

Im still in Belfast, just got my 6s instead of 6s plus, need to adjust to the smaller screen a bit tho

• Advertisement

I paid 948 for my 128gb 6s, just checked my account and 53 for the lightning dock :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What do people feel about 16gb? Enough capacity, or will it be continual fighting for space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

awec wrote: »
    What do people feel about 16gb? Enough capacity, or will it be continual fighting for space?

Really depends what you're doing with it, but in my opinion as someone who has bought every 16gb model so far, it's not enough. I'm going 64 for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Ive read an awful lot about how 16gb isn't enough... But my delay in purchasing has gave me a little extra time to think.
    As I look at my stats in this 20 month old 5s, I have 5.2gb of space remaining... I'm more and more convinced that I'm one of the few people where the 16gb should be plenty.
    I don't carry a huge music library and I feel I'm even less likely to do so with a 6s Plus.
    That 100 I'll save could go toward a new iPad or watch (which is a flip coin decision right now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

awec wrote: »

I find it's just about enough enough for my needs, but I think it's days are numbered. Especially with some apps weighing in heavy.

Next year 32gb will be the norm which i think will be a big seller.

50GB of iCloud space to store photos and videos is very handy for only €12 a year.

Next year 32gb will be the norm which i think will be a big seller.

50GB of iCloud space to store photos and videos is very handy for only €12 a year.

They could have made a 32 the base model this year, but it would cannibalise big time the sales of the 64... I'm sure it makes more financial sense to keep the base at 16, as proportionally more will step up rather than risk being left short.

They could have made a 32 the base model this year, but it would cannibalise big time the sales of the 64... I'm sure it makes more financial sense to keep the base at 16, as proportionally more will step up rather than risk being left short.

Agreed but competitors are offering 32gb as a base so Apple will have to keep up. Flash storage is getting cheaper too so Apple should relay this saving back to customers.

Next year, I'm predicting a 32gb model with 2-day battery life and some sort of IP protection. That, along with Apple Pay in Ireland and elsewhere should be a big deal.

If they step the base model up to 32gb... Then I'd expect all the prices to take a €100 jump North.

If they step the base model up to 32gb... Then I'd expect all the prices to take a €100 jump North.

They won't though, there'd be war. And after being an iPhone owner for the last 4 years, I'd probably make the jump, or hold onto my 6S.

Base model at 32gb is the likely outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

They won't though, there'd be war. And after being an iPhone owner for the last 4 years, I'd probably make the jump, or hold onto my 6S.

Base model at 32gb is the likely outcome.

Due to the size of the corporate market I believe there will be a 16GB version for another while.

Yes my personal iPhone would easily fill 16GB+ but my work iPhone rarely goes over 7GB.

If they do 32 as base model they should change 128 to 256GB also :)

Asmooh wrote: »
    If they do 32 as base model they should change 128 to 256GB also :)

Now you're being ridiculous :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

256gb is insane...who would ever actually need 256gb?

eeloe wrote: »

I honestly don't know how people need 128gb. Genuine question for those that buy it. What's the big appeal? Music?

I honestly don't know how people need 128gb. Genuine question for those that buy it. What's the big appeal? Music?

I have a 128gb and I have 104gb free safe to say I'll be getting a 6s 64gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    Went the UK route myself and received my 64GB 6S at Parcel Motel last Saturday. Looking at the Irish prices in the Indo article it appears that I saved money also by buying from the UK, happy days.
    Mind me asking you saved much over the irish price?

Having owned and changing my iphone every year since 2008 i have a 6 with 64gb. It says i have 29.7gb left after 7 years.

eeloe wrote: »

If you have a large music collection and take a lot of photos and videos I guess.

Over time as standard storage space expands app footprints will increase as well. Remember when the first iPhone came out 16gb was the max you could get and 4gb the lowest, people back then would have thought 64gb on a phone was incredibly high.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Mind me asking you saved much over the irish price?

Price works out the same

• Advertisement

Are ye mad to buy a new iphone without applecare?

Advertisement