Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

awec wrote: »
    Are ye mad to buy a new iphone without applecare?

I never did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    Went the UK route myself and received my 64GB 6S at Parcel Motel last Saturday. Looking at the Irish prices in the Indo article it appears that I saved money also by buying from the UK, happy days.

how did that work getting it pm, re signature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The PM clerk signs for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Are ye mad to buy a new iphone without applecare?

I have been an Apple Care purchaser myself, but I have to say in my opinion Apple has managed to make it much less attractive this year.

With the 149 euros initial cost (previously 99) and the 99 euros excess for accidental damage cover (previously 69), even with AppleCare you will have actually paid 250 euros out of your pocket for even a small repair. I will still consider getting it, but unless the owner is a very clumsy person and keeps smashing their phones every year, it is not as much as a no-brainer to me as it used to be.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What for example is the cost differential of a screen replacement on Apple Care versus a screen replacement without apple care?

• Advertisement

What for example is the cost differential of a screen replacement on Apple Care versus a screen replacement without apple care?

Could only find US prices but for an iPhone 6S it is $129 for an out of warranty screen replacement. Assuming it will be somewhere between 129-149 euros here.

So if you break your screen once during the ownership of your phone and there is no other incident, AppleCare+ will end up at least 100 euros more expensive that not having it (149 euros subscription + 99 euros excess fee for the replacement).

Apple Care is just damage cover, right? Or is it full insurance for theft etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Apple Care is just damage cover, right? Or is it full insurance for theft etc?

It’s not insurance, it's an extended warranty. It covers you for hardware faults up to 2 years. But AppleCare+ will cover you for two incidents of accidental damage for a fee of 69 euro. No cover for theft.

But AppleCare+ will cover you for two incidents of accidental damage for a fee of 69 euro.

For reference, as I mentioned the fee is now 99 euros for the 6s and 6s Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I think I'll probably sell my iPhone 5S 16GB and get the iPhone 6S Plus 32GB on billpay on my network Three when it's available.

Anyone have any educated guesses as to how much the billpay options are likely to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

The PM clerk signs for it.

Oooh and this works? Cos this appeals to me A LOT?

Also folks who buy their iPhones from Apple, what do ye do about insurance? Against theft and the likes? Cos when you buy from a carrier they offer insurance, but don't know how to go about it from the buying from Apple end

hdowney wrote: »
    Oooh and this works? Cos this appeals to me A LOT?

The courier doesn't care who signs for it, so long as someone signs at the address given. PM will sign for it.

You will need to increase your PM liability because once they sign for it the original courier's contract is complete and the insurance paid for by the seller (in this case Apple) no longer applies. PM by default will give you liability up to 100 euro, I think it's about 7 quid to increase that to 1000 euro for 14 days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

DareGod wrote: »
    I think I'll probably sell my iPhone 5S 16GB and get the iPhone 6S Plus 32GB on billpay on my network Three when it's available.

Anyone have any educated guesses as to how much the billpay options are likely to be?

You'll be waiting for a while i'd say, the only size options are 16gb, 64 and 128. :)

hdowney wrote: »
    Also folks who buy their iPhones from Apple, what do ye do about insurance? Against theft and the likes? Cos when you buy from a carrier they offer insurance, but don't know how to go about it from the buying from Apple end

Won't quote any specific one here, but there are a number of companies who will offer mobile insurance which can be subscribed online. Havign said that I haven't heard too many good things about them. Many stories about them dragging their feet for weeks or using very restrictive T&Cs which are giving them silly reasons for declining claims.

Also if you go with them make sure you buy the phone from the Irish Apple Store and not though the UK one and Parcel Motel - I think most of them will decline claims if the phone is not purchased in the ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Typical no Irish pre-sale at midnight !!!

Try at 9am today !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

cramp wrote: »
    Typical no Irish pre-sale at midnight !!!

Try at 9am today !

ITS Not the 9th yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Asmooh wrote: »
    ITS Not the 9th yet?

He (I) was hoping for a preorder a week in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah the phone networks will be the same I reckon. Order at midnight on the 9th or 9am the next morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

He (I) was hoping for a preorder a week in advance.

This article suggested Voda were doing that:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/technow/tech/iphone-6s-will-be-released-in-ireland-in-october-356469.html
    Irish customers will be able to get their hands on the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus from October 9th. Vodafone, meanwhile, has confirmed that customers can pre-order their handset from October 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Yeah the phone networks will be the same I reckon. Order at midnight on the 9th or 9am the next morning.

They normally take orders day before for delivery on the official launch day. e.g. last year I ordered the 6 from Vodafone on Thursday and received it on the Friday morning which was Irish launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Three have released prices ... Not looking good!

New Customer ...For a 64GB (Don't think 16gb will cut it anymore) ...

24 month contract ...
    40.66 a month (Flex 350)
    Handset .. wait for it ... €479

The quicker Apple bring that upgrade program to Ireland the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Three have released prices ... Not looking good!

24 month contract ...
    40.66 a month (Flex 350)
    Handset .. wait for it ... €479

The quicker Apple bring that upgrade program to Ireland the better!

Where are you getting these prices from?

beanian wrote: »
    Where are you getting these prices from?

http://www.three.ie/iphone-6s/

Can't see my upgrade price as my upgrade isn't due for a couple of weeks.

Went in as new customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

available to pre-order on three from today :
    Upgrade prices below:

Apple iPhone 6s - Silver 16GB

€239

Apple iPhone 6s - Space Grey 64GB

€339

Apple iPhone 6s Gold 16GB

from
    €239

Apple iPhone 6s Gold 64GB

from
    €339

Apple iPhone 6s Plus - Space Grey 128GB

from
    €539

Apple iPhone 6s Plus - Space Grey 16GB

€339

Apple iPhone 6s Plus - Space Grey 64GB

from
    €439

Apple iPhone 6s Plus Gold 16GB

from
    €339

Apple iPhone 6s Plus- Silver 64GB

from
    €439

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Three have also changed their tarrifs :

You cant get voicemail and three like home roaming as freebies in ultimate flex anymore.

It's now called unlimited flex and
    Voicemail is now a 1.99 per month add-on, and
    Three like home is now 2.99 per month add-on

Bad form :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

450 for the 6s Plus (64gb) on a 24 month, 55 per month contract... ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭podge018

469 for 6s 64gb 24 month at €40 per month

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

keith_d99 wrote: »

I need a 6 and a 6 plus for work as QA devices last year, strolled into a Three Shop on Grafton St day or 2 after launch and they were tripping over 16gb models in all colours.

The whole model of buying on BillPay seems to be falling apart ...

What are the SIM free prices doesn't anybody know?

6 @ 64gb is coming in at €759

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

All of these phones are imported at a loss. How do they make money?

Advertisement