Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Apple iPhone 6s - 64GB
    €469
    24 month contract @ €40.66 per month

Apple iPhone 6s Plus - 64GB
    €569
    24 month contract @ €40.66 per month

It's not much cheaper to get the iPhone 6 - 64GB which is similar to above but costs €339.

Decisions decisions.

I currently own the iPhone 4s - 16GB and I'm seriously considering leap-frogging to the 6s. Not sure whether to go for the Plus or not. There's nothing wrong with my phone, but I'm tempted by 4G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

keith_d99 wrote: »
    The whole model of buying on BillPay seems to be falling apart ...

What are the SIM free prices doesn't anybody know?

6 @ 64gb is coming in at €759

On prepay Three :

Apple iPhone 6s - Space Grey 16GB
    Price Plan: 3Pay
    Cost Today: €699.99
    Monthly Charge €0.00

Apple iPhone 6s - Space Grey 64GB
    Price Plan: 3Pay
    Cost Today: €799.99
    Monthly Charge €0.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

keith_d99 wrote: »
    The whole model of buying on BillPay seems to be falling apart ...

What are the SIM free prices doesn't anybody know?

6 @ 64gb is coming in at €759

I never found it all that great for my own needs anyway, but yes the model of bill pay with a long contract is definitely losing attractivity.

The 6S 64GB sim free will be somewhere between 849 and 879 depending on how Apple adjusts it for our VAT level, if I had to guess I'd go for 859 euros (it is 849 in Germany and 859 in France).

I just checked with Three, and if you buy one of the Iphones on pre-pay, you can unlock the handset after €130 spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

bob11 wrote: »
    I just checked with Three, and if you buy one of the Iphones on pre-pay, you can unlock the handset after €130 spend

Can you put your 30day contract 3 sim in if you buy a pre-pay one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

bob11 wrote: »

Through Apple UK (from reading another thread)

64GB 6S comes in around €847 (Euro charge to card)

Can choose best sim-only deal (Tesco?)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

It would be cheaper to take out a loan to buy the phone unlocked then go bill pay when interest rate are low!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

bob11 wrote:

That'd be approx 6mths of normal top ups for me. Going pre-pay on three is beginning to look a little more attractive. Are they doing pre-orders does anyone know and if so do you pay deposit/full amount/nothing up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Anyone any idea of meteor availability and price for handset only?
    I'm still 6 months away from upgrade so I'll be buying handset only and going for the plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dmcg90 wrote: »

Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Bob24 wrote: »
    I never found it all that great for my own needs anyway, but yes the model of bill pay with a long contract is definitely losing attractivity.

The 6S 64GB sim free will be somewhere between 849 and 879 depending on how Apple adjusts it for our VAT level, if I had to guess I'd go for 859 euros (it is 849 in Germany and 859 in France).

The prices came out the other day. Three's bill pay prices are shocking.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/apple-iphone-6siphone-6s-plus-new-phones-to-go-on-sale-here-october-9-31564671.html

Not any better on Voda :

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/apple-iphone-6s-16gb-bill-pay-space-grey

Pre-order Apple iPhone 6s 16GB in Space Grey on Vodafone Bill Pay

RED Essentials 1GB img Unlimited Vodafone calls, 100 any network minutes, unlimited any network texts €35 per month
    €399.99

Most popular
    RED Extra Essentials 1.5GB EntertainmentImage img Unlimited Vodafone calls, 100 any network minutes, unlimited any network texts €40per month
    €349.99

RED 5GB img Unlimited any network calls & texts, 100 international minutes & texts €55per month
    €249.99

RED Extra 6GB EntertainmentImage img Unlimited any network calls & texts, 100 international minutes & texts €60per month
    €199.99

RED Super 9GB img Unlimited any network calls & texts, 500 international minutes & texts €75per month
    €129.99

RED Extra Super 10GB EntertainmentImage img Unlimited any network calls & texts, 500 international minutes & texts €80per month
    €79.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone have luck upgrading on the vodafone site? Buggy as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Anyone any idea of meteor availability and price for handset only?
    I'm still 6 months away from upgrade so I'll be buying handset only and going for the plus.

Meteor have still yet to release the pre-orders. Bit disappointed with them, late the the race with Vodafone and Three available now. Makes the switch all that more tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I see there is no option on Vodafone's site for the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I himmed and hawwed all day but finally bit the bullet there and did a pre-order on 3 before they sell out. My iPhone 4 is on it's last legs at this stage.

I noticed that the Gold was already sold out in 64 and 128 GB since I last checked just before I left work.

The prices are fairly high but over 18 months it works out pretty much the same as buying it from Apple and staying SIM-only.

#YOLO as the kids say I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

akadesign wrote: »
    Meteor have still yet to release the pre-orders. Bit disappointed with them, late the the race with Vodafone and Three available now. Makes the switch all that more tempting.

Yeah they are disappointing alright.... I think my plan of attack now is to buy sim free and Coast out the rest of my contract... I'll see what my options are then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Can you only get AppleCare+ if you buy direct from Apple?

Can you only get AppleCare+ if you buy direct from Apple?

It's easier if you buy from Apple (just thick box on the website when you order), but you can also get it if you buy from your network. You will have to call Apple, who will run a remote diagnostic to ensure your phone is not reporting any existing damage. There is a time limit after the purchase to do this, but I can't remember how long it is (might be one month but better double check).

I tried out my friends 6+ I am defo upgrading to a 6s+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Mentioned to a friend yesterday I might sell mine...now the owner of a very nice 6S in Space Grey. It's a great device!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Anyone have luck upgrading on the vodafone site? Buggy as hell.

No, same **** every year with them. Their site is awful.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

dmcg90 wrote: »

You need to tell Three that you are using another SIM in the phone, because they tie the IMEI number to the SIM card and will say that you haven't topped up the phone. You should check it out with the 3 Reps to make sure.

How much will be a 64gb 6s+ cannot find a price anywhere

How much will be a 64gb 6s+ cannot find a price anywhere

€979

I'm a big fan of Apple products, but this is starting to be too much money for a smartphone in my opinion :-/

For the first few years a top of the line iPhone was 699. Nowadays you can't even get the base model for that price (which has ridiculously low storage).

Bob24 wrote: »
    €979

I'm a big fan of Apple products, but this is starting to be too much money for a smartphone in my opinion :-/

For the first few years a top of the line iPhone was 699. Nowadays you can't even get the base model for that price (which has ridiculously low storage).

Most other things have increased in price since 2007 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Zcott wrote: »

Indeed, but 979 is a bit mad isn't it?

symbolic wrote: »
    Indeed, but 979 is a bit mad isn't it?

Definitely! But if you do the numbers you're usually better off paying all that up front than over the course of two years on a contract with higher monthly bills. Also, if you sell an older iPhone you can get a few quid to put towards a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Definitely!

Sorry I thought you were disagreeing with him. We agree so :) Mad prices.

• Advertisement

Inflation for consumer electronics has been very low if not negative though.

Plus they only started raising prices since 2011.
    In 2010 the iPhone 4 was still 599 for the 16GB and 699 for the 32GB. The following year they started small incremental increases each year for the base model, and more importantly increased the average sales prices each year by extending the range on the top end and keeping under speced devices at the low end so that people are forced to the next models (we are still on a 16GB base model 6 years after the 3GS introduced that configuration). Clearly a marketing strategy rather than something linked to general inflation.

Advertisement