Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

It is a lot of money alright...
    Too much?... Hard to say. It depends really on how you look at it and what your own situation is.
    I think Apple have mastered finding the pricing sweet spot to keep their phones and devices just high enough that it makes it attainable to purchase but not cheap enough to completely flood the market with the flagship phone and as a result become less desirable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How much will be a 64gb 6s+ cannot find a price anywhere

Around 450 on a 55 a month plan.

Vodafone have pulled the 6S from their site.

Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Anyone know what meteor are doing regarding release of the 6s
    Only a "register your interest " page ... 4 days before release !

Was thinking of getting it there on a pay as you go price and take a bill pay sim that they have for 32euro a month unlimited data/ calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

cramp wrote: »
    Anyone know what meteor are doing regarding release of the 6s
    Only a "register your interest " page ... 4 days before release !

Was thinking of getting it there on a pay as you go price and take a bill pay sim that they have for 32euro a month unlimited data/ calls

I popped into Emobile (or eir) to preorder a 6s plus 64gig. Your wan had no date and I was first on the list for preordering. Was all very vague and haphazard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 petertgtt

the name of the country is Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭james998964

Any word on if you will be able to pre-order off apple before the 9th? Or can anyone remember what they did last year? My last iphone was a 4, be interesting to see how they have come along when I get a 6s plus :)

I rang 3 different meteor stores today... Absolute shambles of an outfit.
    Nobody in the 3 shops could tell me what they were getting or how much, or even let me preorder... Call us on Thursday after lunch and we should know more... Ffs

@savage tyrant
    "Call us on Thursday after lunch"
    Now that's feckin Irish for u ....haha deadly
    Biggest Fone release of the year neither Emobile meteor have a clue what's going on
    @james998964
    Answered above m8 it was a week before last year ...but not this year for some reason
    Midnite Thursday is most likely when !

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's probably not the network's fault, it's most likely Apple being scarce with the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

awec wrote: »
    It's probably not the network's fault, it's most likely Apple being scarce with the details.

That's precisely what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

and emobile/meteor wouldn't be on the top of apple's priority compared to the likes of Vodafone, three etc

Dropped into a meteor store and they said that they will have some 6s on launch day , didn't know what ,or pre pay prices

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Carphone Warehouse now allowing pre-orders.
    Vodafone doing same, but I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade (twice) on the Vodafone site.

montac wrote: »
    Carphone Warehouse now allowing pre-orders.
    Vodafone doing same, but I tried unsuccessfully to upgrade (twice) on the Vodafone site.

I rang them and their apes haven't a clue, told me I could register my interest. Requested a manager 5 times and each time was put on hold and the same ape came back just to say the same thing.

Absolute farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

First world problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭sean72

Hi Guys does anyone know if the new iPhones will be released on the Apple site just after midnight on the 9th or is it usually in the morning?

Is it generally hard to get them in Ireland around release time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

First world problems.

Are there many non first world problems on this forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Why don't Apple have the prices of the new iPhone up on their site yet? Seems a bit odd.

• Advertisement

Midnight Thursday I would say they will be ready for ordering and prices
    At present uk site says 2 to 3 weeks shipping on 64g 6s plus
    I can see nothing special been done for Irish release and be thrown in the same wait time ...

Yea I suspect Friday will effectively be a pre-order rather than them actually having stock to sell.

After much work to give them my money, Vodafone took my order yesterday. Phone dispatched today.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

After much work to give them my money, Vodafone took my order yesterday. Phone dispatched today.

Vodafone UK?

Vodafone UK?

Ireland. Existing customer. Upgrade.

Does anybody know or intend to queue somewhere on Friday morning at a bricks and mortar?... Is there any hope at all of getting on in my hand Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

For what it's worth, most of the scalpers have not sold their way over priced 6s's on Adverts and there's actually one or two now going for face value give or take a tenner. All with receipt.

Does anybody know or intend to queue somewhere on Friday morning at a bricks and mortar?... Is there any hope at all of getting on in my hand Friday?

I would doubt any of the stores will have it.

I'm assuming that tomorrow the best you'll get is being able to place an order online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Hi guys, just as an FYI -

I was told that I could go to a Vodafone store on Friday morning when they open as they will get stock - but they don't know how how much stock they'd get.

In the mean time, last night I managed to order a phone and sign up with Vodafone online (porting from 3). Order is currently processing so I'm not sure it legitimately has gone through yet!

I wanted to give a heads up that ordering online can be touchy - I paid with a credit card originally and it failed at the end, twice. It gave me an error that the order couldn't be processed. I called customer service and they were unhelpful in the mobile sales department - could not tell me if it had gone through or not, kept asking for an order number and I kept explaining that I didn't have one due to the order ending with an error code. Subsequently I tried paying with a debit card and it worked. I got a notification from my bank this morning about suspicious charges on my credit card - Vodafone's transactions had been blocked - it was a Mastercard so I guess this could happen for some other people too.

Anyway there seems to be some stock online (I ordered a 6s 64gb in Gold) and you can get through the process with a debit card. (I think).

• Advertisement

Interesting...

I looked at Vodafone and Three online. Three's site said stock is severely limited. Not sure exactly what that means.

Advertisement