Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus Release Date & Price in Republic of Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Not all iPhones are created equal....Anyone care to share what chip they have (when you get it)?

just bought mine 6s+ 64gb I'll pawn my phone tomorrow morning shame no one bought I'll just take the 530 they offered me for it

mine is 6 128gb unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Apple have already refuted this and claim a 3% difference. Still I guess the test you linked to seems to be closer to apples claim than some tests done on youtube.

call me stupid but I cancel my order I was ordering mine & my cousin called me stupid for paying some much for a phone so I caved :(

Ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

call me stupid but I cancel my order I was ordering mine & my cousin called me stupid for paying some much for a phone so I caved :(

Ugh!

If you have to think that much and change your mind so easily then it's probably too expensive.

• Advertisement

If you have to think that much and change your mind so easily then it's probably too expensive.

No I can afford it I just caved to peer pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

No I can afford it I just caved to peer pressure

Well that's just stupid... Don't let other people dictate what you spend your own money on....

ps... Nobody tell my wife how much mine costs.

:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tax reasons. Apple pay a lower rate corporation tax in Ireland for their head offices because they don't have bricks & mortor stores that actually sell to the public. Similarly, anything we buy on Apple.ie comes from the UK (or Asia).

Using Compub is a roundabout way of using a third party company to sell their stock and avoid the necessary government taxes.

I don't see what difference it would have on their corporation tax. The fact that they keep a small bit of manufacturing here does affect their tax status. Pure and simple, they don't have the volume of sales here to justify it. They might be able to set one up for Dublin, but then you'll have the rest of the country bitching. Same with Dell back in the day

Nearly all product sold by Apple is built in the Far East, no matter which Apple Store sells it. Only one I know that's different is the BTO iMacs from Cork. They warehouse standard configurations in the UK to shorten transit times

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Just ordered the 64g plus ...
    Ships 1 to 9 business days
    Looks like they kept stock for Irish release !

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

ordered 6s plus 128gb - scheduled for 14th oct delivery which is nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine from Vodafone is on a van with Nightline couriers.

Got the tracking number from their chat customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@ the AYatolla
    Good to see some networks have interest in what customers want and expect
    Those meteor clowns still have a register ur interest with email now !!!
    I registeredlast week and still ain't heard anything !

I have been network contract free for 5 years or so ,so resisted the contract thing

Hopefully have mine next week ������

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

iConnect have both phones as well. I got an email off them yesterday for pre ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

guil wrote: »
    iConnect have both phones as well. I got an email off them yesterday for pre ordering.

Allowing APRs to sell the phone is a bit of a change in the distribution model ... I'm wondering what is the rational behind it and whether it is the same in other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

cramp wrote: »
    @ the AYatolla
    Good to see some networks have interest in what customers want and expect
    Those meteor clowns still have a register ur interest with email now !!!
    I registeredlast week and still ain't heard anything !

I have been network contract free for 5 years or so ,so resisted the contract thing

Hopefully have mine next week ������

Meteor have them here :

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/iphone-6s-16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

The 128Gb 6S Plus is €1089.

http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s/5.5-inch-display-128gb-space-grey

If I'm correct,this is an increase of €90 on last year's equivalent.

Theft? I think so.

Happy to sit out the frenzy. Hopefully, a reduction in January.

D.

http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s/5.5-inch-display-128gb-space-grey

Theft? I think so.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

Dinarius wrote: »

Theft? I think so.

D.

The phone has much more expensive aluminium this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

And the euro has plummeted in value.

The cost of an additional 64Gb memory is now €110. That's an increase of €10 on last year.

€110 for 64Gb of memory in 2015 is bonkers.

The continued existence of a 16Gb model (let's be honest here, a joke in 2015) allows gross overpricing higher up. It creates a false base in the price point.

It will be interesting to see if Sony's Xperia Z5 makes inroads into Apple's dominance. Sony make outstanding products, and this looks like no exception.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Do the carriers ever drop the price much on the existing models when new ones come out? Think it's time to move on from iphone 4 land, but 6s prices are just a bit too nuts for me!

Ps. Though I fully accept that if you are locked into the Apple ecosystem (as I am) changing is difficult.

D.

Pps.

Admittedly, the top of the range Sony Xperia Z5 Premium is a little more expensive than its Apple equivalent...

http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s/5.5-inch-display-16gb-space-grey

http://www.expansys.ie/sony-z5-premium-32gb-gold-283844/

But.....

1. You can make the Sony's memory as big as you like, for a lot less money.

2. It's drop dead gorgeous, in my opinion...classic Sony styling.

I know, I know....

D.

Ps. A comparison of, arguably, the big four...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apple-iphone-6s-plus-2955-vs-sony-xperia-z5-premium-dual-2920-vs-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-2867-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-5-2866

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Chances of a price reduction before the iPhone 7 are slim to none. The price increase is due to fluctuating exchange rates. Apple's business is based on the dollar. Sometimes the exchange rates work out in our favour. For a while they were actually selling the 6 for less than the US price excluding tax but they didn't increase the euro price. The downside to this is that when do increase the price they leave it it that way until the next model is released.

I agree about the 16GB model being a joke, though. This is where Tim Cook's logistical and data driven mindset is showing itself. They need to be careful because it's going to have a very negative effect on the user experience of their devices.

Other top end phones cost roughly the same and a 6s will be the same price from now to September next year.

Other top end phones cost roughly the same and a 6s will be the same price from now to September next year.

See my post on pricing above.

D.

See my post on pricing above.

D.

What about the Galaxy s6?

What about the Galaxy s6?

The Expansys site has pricing on pretty much everything, as far as I can see.

Don't know how competitive they are.

http://www.expansys.ie/mobile-phones/sim-free-phones/android/brand/samsung/?filter=5|0|600-0

D.

The Expansys site has pricing on pretty much everything, as far as I can see.

Don't know how competitive they are.

http://www.expansys.ie/mobile-phones/sim-free-phones/android/brand/samsung/?filter=5|0|600-0

D.
    My point been that you think it's outrageous for Apple to charge an extra €100 for more memory but Samsung are doing the same. The s6 has no removable battery or additional memory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Have my iPhone 6s!

Advertisement