Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did i buy fake paco rabanne?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

google how to tell fake paco rabanne you'll find your answer soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/181837849058?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So i bought this a few weeks ago and thought the price was fantastic especially the free delivery just wondering is it a fake product?
    I opened it up today, first paco rabanne item the seal was brand new and everything but the smell wears off real fast..

Anyone have any ideas? :mad::mad:

It's Eau de Toilette rather than Eau de Parfum so it will wear off much faster. EdT is considerably cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Bring it to a shop that sells it and ask to compare the two.

Even an Eau de Toilette should last a few hours, I'd say 2 to 4 but you would still notice a good one very close much longer than that.

The natural ingredients that hold the "smell" are the expensive part of the perfume (that and the brand name advertising) but can be replaced with much cheaper synthetic chemicals that don't last as long in a fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Thanks for the comments people very grateful for it, did an extensive google search and i must say it looks very identical but it's definitely a fake, like 100ml for €44 and free shipping? in outlets its like €75+..
    and also i got the item from Israel..

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments people very grateful for it, did an extensive google search and i must say it looks very identical but it's definitely a fake, like 100ml for €44 and free shipping? in outlets its like €75+..
    and also i got the item from Israel..

You can't compare the price unless you paid VAT and customs duty on the €44 (if caught in the delivery system you should have paid VAT but not customs which would have taken the price up to over €60 Edit VAT €10 plus a handling charge of €7 with An Post bigger handling charge with some carriers).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

my3cents wrote: »
    You can't compare the price unless you paid VAT and customs duty on the €44
    It is also possibly due excise duty, maybe this is what you meant. Many think its only alchol & tobacco. If you import €10 worth of perfume from the UK you are still liable to pay excise on it.

rubadub wrote: »
    It is also possibly due excise duty, maybe this is what you meant. Many think its only alchol & tobacco. If you import €10 worth of perfume from the UK you are still liable to pay excise on it.

Wasn't sure about perfume tbh but just paid VAT on an import and the label had the VAT can customs limits on it. iirc it said VAT on items over €22 and customs on certain items over €150 but don't remember it mentioning perfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Perfume is mentioned in nearly all excise documents but I've never found the rate written down. I suspect it hasn't changed in the internet age whereas the other two have, often.

Advertisement