Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ELECTRIC PICNIC 2016

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Managed to get one also but hearing they're sold out now. I wouldn't mind the price if they just had more toilets and kept them clean. It is still good value on comparison to the likes of pink moon though.

The toilets in the general campervan site this year were awful. And I don't mean in terms of cleanliness. One had a busted door with a huge gap at the top, three of them (that I tried) had no locks, and none of them ever had loo roll in them (not that I rely on that but still, they do it with all the other loos). The waste disposal area was an absolute joke too, one small container that was overflowing by Friday morning, so the area around it just became the dumping ground.

And yet, for all their decreasing effort, prices have gone up 10-15 euro in two years. It's kinda souring me on the whole festival to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

MJohnston wrote: »
    The toilets in the general campervan site this year were awful. And I don't mean in terms of cleanliness. One had a busted door with a huge gap at the top, three of them (that I tried) had no locks, and none of them ever had loo roll in them (not that I rely on that but still, they do it with all the other loos). The waste disposal area was an absolute joke too, one small container that was overflowing by Friday morning, so the area around it just became the dumping ground.

And yet, for all their decreasing effort, prices have gone up 10-15 euro in two years. It's kinda souring me on the whole festival to be honest.

I presume there is nothing to stop people from the adjacent campsite (Janis Joplin?) using the campervan area toilets. Part of the attraction of the campervan is having your own toilet so I didn't go near them..

but agree on the price gouging..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    I presume there is nothing to stop people from the adjacent campsite (Janis Joplin?) using the campervan area toilets. Part of the attraction of the campervan is having your own toilet so I didn't go near them..

but agree on the price gouging..

Yeah you can go to the loo wherever really, it's just the cute hoor business of charging money and providing no facilities for it. A lot of smaller campervans like my own (T5) don't have a loo, we were lucky enough to have an awning and a plastic bucket type loo for late night peeing, but for anything else you had to walk a mile (well, a km) for a passable portaloo.

Advertisement