Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a Direct Debit

Options
  • 11-09-2015 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,

I set up a direct debit with Concern a couple of months ago an now wish to cancel it but am unsure how. My balance was is empty but Concern obviously still tried to take a donation. My balance is now a minus number. Can you help me cancel this? Also, once cancelled, can Concern take money? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

manyoung wrote: »
    Hi,

I set up a direct debit with Concern a couple of months ago an now wish to cancel it but am unsure how. My balance was is empty but Concern obviously still tried to take a donation. My balance is now a minus number. Can you help me cancel this? Also, once cancelled, can Concern take money? Thanks
    Hi manyoung,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards today.

If you are registered for Banking 365 Online you can cancel a SEPA Direct Debit. In order to do this please see the following steps:

• Select the ‘Online Service Desk’ tab from the 365 homepage.
    • Select the option ‘SEPA Direct Debit Services’ from the ‘What we can do for you?’ drop down list.
    • Select the ‘Cancel your Mandate’ option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Click ‘Cancel Mandate’.
    [*]

Requests to cancel a mandate will stop all SEPA Direct Debit payments for the unique mandate reference specified in your request. Once this request is processed by your mandate cannot be reactivated and usually requests will be processed within 24 hours of us receiving the instruction.
    We would also advise you to contact the Creditor that you have cancelled your direct debit mandate.

Please see here to download the Cancel a Direct Debit Mandate form.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.

Helen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭manyoung

Hi,

Hi manyoung,

If you are registered for Banking 365 Online you can cancel a SEPA Direct Debit. In order to do this please see the following steps:
    • Select the option ‘SEPA Direct Debit Services’ from the ‘What we can do for you?’ drop down list.
    [*]

Requests to cancel a mandate will stop all SEPA Direct Debit payments for the unique mandate reference specified in your request. Once this request is processed by your mandate cannot be reactivated and usually requests will be processed within 24 hours of us receiving the instruction.
    We would also advise you to contact the Creditor that you have cancelled your direct debit mandate.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.

Helen.
    [*]
    Thanks for your help. Just one more question though. I had to contact them about the Creditor ID and Unique Mandate Reference and got them. Does this qualify as telling them I cancelled the direct debit or do I need to do it more explicitly again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

Hi manyoung,

[*]

Have a good day.

Helen.

[*]
    Thanks for your help. Just one more question though. I had to contact them about the Creditor ID and Unique Mandate Reference and got them. Does this qualify as telling them I cancelled the direct debit or do I need to do it more explicitly again?
    [*]
    Hi manyoung, 

We would recommend that you still fill in the Cancel Mandate form on 365 Online or the paper form to ensure no further payments are taken. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement