Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Mail app and Gmail

• 11-09-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Had a quick search and couldn't find anything recent.
    Just looking for a bit of advice,
    Have a new laptop, upgraded to windows 10 straight away.
    The email account linked to the laptop is my gmail account that I use for everything.
    When I opened the mail app in windows 10 I set up my gmail account to sync with it. After following a few simple steps my gmail emails came through to my mail app inbox, along with all gmail folders etc.
    However once these mails show up the app will not take in any newer emails that arrive.
    I have tried various settings like enabling POP in gmail but still no use. I managed to delete the account on the app and then set it up again, which brought in newer mails that were in my gmail inbox but again, once this set up was done it will not sync any more mails.
    Can anyone help with a bit of advice here.

Please and thanks!

EDIT: If i use the app to send mail it will send OK to other addresses and show up as my gmail address so now im even more confused

Second Edit: when looking around sync settings I removed server information by accident and now it does not work at all. I cannot delete this account. Anyone know server information?
    I created a second account with the same email that does work (also gives me option to delete this account) but not sure what's going on with first account.

Advertisement