Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P I K E

• 11-09-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Can anyone recommend a method for pike fishing at this time of the year? And whether to use it on a river, lake or canal. Also can anyone recommend any spots in the lucan area? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

pikeman99 wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a method for pike fishing at this time of the year? And whether to use it on a river, lake or canal. Also can anyone recommend any spots in the lucan area? Thanks in advance

Use a flying C spinner, will work on any water. That would be the easiest way to catch one.

You could also try deadbating with a mackeral but it can be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pikeman99

Anyone have any spots they could tell me about? In the dublin/Meath/Kildare area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

pikeman99 wrote: »
    Anyone have any spots they could tell me about? In the dublin/Meath/Kildare area?

If we told every tom dick and harry where to go fishing for pike or any fish for that matter there'd be no fish left in this country.
    Use the internet or ask in angling shops and learn by getting out and trying different methods yourself. Only way to learn is to try it all.
    Sorry for being blunt but asking on a Internet forum of where to go, what methods and all the good spots is asking for trouble. May aswell cast the rod for ya then.
    Get out and learn man. Read up on pike fishing, areas they're likely to lurk, and what baits/methods or tactics to use at different times of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have a look at the IFI site here - http://www.fishinginireland.info/pike/where_to_fish.htm

It will give you an idea.
    There are great spots in Cavan and Monaghan I could recommend but it's the wrong direction for you. I'm sure some from Dublin or Meath may suggest locations for you.

Advertisement