Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blogs where you own content

Options
  • 11-09-2015 12:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭

Is there any free blog where the uploaded content remains with the creator. Photos on f**book become the property of FB

Also how do you make a domain mysite dot com point to a free blog. I think you do not have to pay hosting only registration of the the domain

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

JonJones wrote: »
    Is there any free blog where the uploaded content remains with the creator. Photos on f**book become the property of FB

Also how do you make a domain mysite dot com point to a free blog. I think you do not have to pay hosting only registration of the the domain

Totally incorrect that photos on Facebook become their property. Copyright remains with the photographer, you simply grant them a license to use, subject to the terms and conditions.

The same way that with any blog, the content remains the creative property of the creator.

Of course, you can just buy your own hosting space and domain name. Almost any web provider can do this for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭JonJones

Paulw wrote: »
    Totally incorrect that photos on Facebook become their property. Copyright remains with the photographer, you simply grant them a license to use, subject to the terms and conditions.

The same way that with any blog, the content remains the creative property of the creator.

Of course, you can just buy your own hosting space and domain name. Almost any web provider can do this for you.
    yes i meant that facebook can charge for your photos. If giving someone a license to use your work and charge for it means it is still yours then i am wrong. I would not upload anything to fb annd do not have fb

i

JonJones wrote: »
    yes i meant that facebook can charge for your photos.

They can't.

Try actually reading their terms and conditions. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭JonJones

Paulw wrote: »
    They can't.

Try actually reading their terms and conditions. :rolleyes:
    yes they can you always need the last word:rolleyes: to you too. bye

Please show where they can charge for your content?

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement