Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This grinder worth buying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭comete

No

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JPWOctane

comete wrote: »
    No

I have one. It now does a decent job for me.

Out of the box its finest setting is too coarse but the Amazon reviews give instructions on how to modify it.

I didn't have 4 times the money to spend and am pleased I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭comete

Probably OK for anything other than espresso, can't imagine the grounds are consistent

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

comete wrote: »
    No

I have one. Although I am no expert when it comes to coffee I am very pleased with it. I would be interested to know why you dislike it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I have one too and I've modified it use for espresso (Gaggia Classic). Have been using for around 2 years now. Grinds look consistent, but I have nothing to compare it to apart from a Hario Mini Mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

Bought one of these. First use was fine, very pleased. Took it out this morning for the second time and it's totally dead. Following the instructions to a tee, but can't see what's wrong.

Anything obvious I should check before sending it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

the corpo wrote: »
    Bought one of these. First use was fine, very pleased. Took it out this morning for the second time and it's totally dead. Following the instructions to a tee, but can't see what's wrong.

Anything obvious I should check before sending it back?

Make sure the hopper lid and the ground coffee catcher (with lid on) are firmly in place. There may also be some ground coffee in the gaps which they close into so make sure these are clean also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Make sure the hopper lid and the ground coffee catcher (with lid on) are firmly in place. There may also be some ground coffee in the gaps which they close into so make sure these are clean also.

Aye, I've done that, and taken out the burr to make sure there's nothing caught in it. Think it's just kaput.

Annoyingly, Amazon won't replace, just refund, and it's doubled in price, so I can't just buy it again. Will give the Delonghi customer service a go on monday, but I think it's curtains for this little guy!

Advertisement