Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chkdsk wiped my files!

Options
  • 11-09-2015 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I noticed my 2TB Hard-drive showing up in a unformatted state so I ran chkdsk and it brought it back minus 50GB of data. I wonder is there anyway to get it back.

dozens of files which were several GB are now showing as 0kb, It was mostly bigger movie files which I lost but also several photos also which I'm not too worried about as I had them backed up on the triple, with one stored in another house offsite. Around ten years ago I lost a heap of data and learned the lesson, I have lost nothing of value but really don't want to go to the trouble and time of downloading 50GB of movies again which will be very hard to find again.

Comments

Advertisement