Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast : Reserve and collect

• 11-09-2015 3:26pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i've never visited the Belfast store, but plan to this release.

Only problem is, I can't get up there until the Sunday.

Is anyone else planning on doing the reserve and collect option this year? I plan on reserving tomorrow, and selecting Sunday as my collect time, anyone else plan on doing the same? Do we think there will be issues in doing so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

After reading comments on another thread there might not be a reserve and collect option. I hope it is available I done it last year and saves you so much hassle.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Will reserve and collect be an option on the website tomorrow morning, if it is available?

I don't wanna go ahead with the order, and then have to wait 5-6 weeks for shipping and all that, don't really wanna chance the 8hr round trip to Belfast either for the chance of not being able to get one on the Sunday either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I don't think your going to find out until tomorrow I remember that Apple didn't have that option for the 5s and it was a nightmare to get a hold of one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I'd say there's a good chance they will because it's much better than lining up. No doubt all will be come clear tomorrow.

I'm not actually getting one anytime soon but I might head to the store and have a look...it's only 20 minutes from my house, thankfully!

Fancy renting out a room in your house on the Saturday? Belfast hotels are damn expensive! :P

• Advertisement

Sure, the price is identical to one 64gb space grey iPhone 6S...;-)

Jaysus you must be giving silver service and all... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Last year the pre-order was only for the Friday launch. After that I think it was a daily reservation system.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

I've been on other threads and yeah there seems to be no reserve tomorrow, i rang the store and asked and a guy this morning and he said no there's reserve tomorrow, so i just rang back there to now double check and got put on to their online sales and he said the same thing.

I'm wondering when is it out in Ireland does anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I've been on other threads and yeah there seems to be no reserve tomorrow, i rang the store and asked and a guy this morning and he said no there's reserve tomorrow, so i just rang back there to now double check and got put on to their online sales and he said the same thing.

Duplicate

• Advertisement

I think it'll be ready for collection in Belfast on the 25th. If you mean the republic then I guess a few weeks after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Looks like you can reserve and collect in Belfast. They want me to text a code from a UK mobile to reserve it, anyone know a workaround? Or will it work from my phone?

Looks like you can reserve and collect in Belfast. They want me to text a code from a UK mobile to reserve it, anyone know a workaround? Or will it work from my phone?

Use the apple app and use UK and sign in with your Apple ID and then you can reserve and pick Belfast 😉

Never mind, I'm not sure how but I managed to reserve it without the phone number. All's well, hopefully!

Use the apple app and use UK and sign in with your Apple ID and then you can reserve and pick Belfast 😉

Sorry, I replied before I saw your post. It must have been the Apple ID. Although I definitely logged in with it the first time. Thanks!

Sorry, I replied before I saw your post. It must have been the Apple ID. Although I definitely logged in with it the first time. Thanks!

No problem least you got one reserved :)

I had an issue with my password, Apple wanted me to change it? So after an hour of wtf-ing I did just that and got sorted. No day option just a time. See you on the Friday so.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

If you reserve one to pick up in store is it guaranteed? Usually wait until it comes out in Republic.

Yep, it's guaranteed.

I'm thinking of holding off on this one and waiting for the 7 unless someone wants to buy my 6.

Zcott wrote: »
    Yep, it's guaranteed.

I'm thinking of holding off on this one and waiting for the 7 unless someone wants to buy my 6.

My 6 plus is still for sale on adverts don't care if I don't sell it I'll keep it for my nephew if it comes to that not selling it for nothing i only bought last December

• Advertisement
Advertisement