Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v Sunderland - 13/09/2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

5mins of brown underpants time

fook off chadli overplaying and lashing 2shots over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Da fcuk is Chadli doing....

thank jebus thats over..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Very important First Win, now for 'Arry to start scoring.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Overall we were very poor, but it was a well worked goal which hopefully gives us a glimpse of what we are trying to do. Mason and Dier were very good together, and Townsend/Lamella were good when they came on, but there were a few poor performances. Kane is not at the races, and really needs a goal soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Finally we win a game, but it was still crap. This team is nowhere near good enough.

Have to be happy with our first win,it was hard won.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Kiith wrote: »
    Overall we were very poor, but it was a well worked goal which hopefully gives us a glimpse of what we are trying to do. Mason and Dier were very good together, and Townsend/Lamella were good when they came on, but there were a few poor performances. Kane is not at the races, and really needs a goal soon.

Agree mostly, a lot of deficiencies, walker is rubbish, mason is limited and is not a creative hub we need, Chadli is frustrating, Townsend and lamela changed game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Dier has really come on in that defensive position. He's some tackler of the ball. Was impressed with Townsend, ave us more of an attacking threat. Too many of our players take far too much out of the ball, and it is doing my head in. 3 points either way so I'll gladly take a win at this stage. Seemed as if the Sunderland supporters were booing Mason, disgraceful carry on.

• Advertisement

15 passes in masons goal

davycc wrote: »
    15 passes in masons goal
    Would like to see more of that in future games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

tippspur wrote: »
    Would like to see more of that in future games.

Goals or passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Great Goal, Great Win, Forgot what it felt like, a happy day :)

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Goals or passes?
    More of both would be nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great Goal, Great Win, Forgot what it felt like, a happy day :)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Cracking goal. Some good individual performances. Another clean sheet to boot...

I wouldn't class it as a vintage smash and grab performance but last year we won a lot of games like that... single goal wins, without playing especially well.

The signs are there and I can see us getting into our stride over the next fews and going on a bit of a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Didn't see the game. Dad said Spurs played well once Lamela and Townsend came on. He does not like either of them so never thought I'd ever get a message from him saying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

irishmover wrote: »
    Didn't see the game. Dad said Spurs played well once Lamely and Townsend came on. He does the like either of them so never thought I'd ever get a message from him saying that.
    I thought Tom Carroll played well too when he came on. I've been banging his drum for a long time, we need a passing midfielder, and he's the only one at the club who currently fits the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

golfball37 wrote: »
    I thought Tom Carroll played well too when he came on. I've been banging his drum for a long time, we need a passing midfielder, and he's the only one at the club who currently fits the bill.

Seen Carroll in the flesh when we lost to Fulham the march leading up to Bale leaving. He was brilliant when he came on. Very much a modric. Always liked him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mason and Dier were both in BBC's team of the week in midfield. Can't really argue with that, as they were both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Dier is developing very nicely. Thats three very solid performances in a row from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

slegs wrote: »
    Dier is developing very nicely. Thats three very solid performances in a row from him

Agreed, looks like he can read the game and act on it quickly stopping any attacks in their tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Initially i thought Eric was dire, but he has won me over!!!:cool:

Advertisement