Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah im gonna try get a few more of him in now after that :pac:

just picked up 12 for between 600-700 should be just coming into the last 10 mins of sale about 20 mins after the match finishes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Why Oblak over other GKs in La Liga?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was just playing my first FUT seasons game there. 0-0, the guy gets a player sent off and he quits..........and I didn't get the win? There is no record of the game at all?

Is this a f*ck up by the server? Or do you not get the win when your opponent quits now?

I got coins for the match though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Why Oblak over other GKs in La Liga?

Price (he is significantly cheaper than alternatives in other leagues so less risk) and I have been using him and enjoy him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

v3ttel wrote: »
    I was just playing my first FUT seasons game there. 0-0, the guy gets a player sent off and he quits..........and I didn't get the win? There is no record of the game at all?

Is this a f*ck up by the server? Or do you not get the win when your opponent quits now?

I got coins for the match though.

I think he'll get a loss but you won't get a win since it was 0-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Noob question; when a players contract runs out can you buy a contract and give it to him then or is he gone once the contract is up

Noob question; when a players contract runs out can you buy a contract and give it to him then or is he gone once the contract is up

You will probably have contracts in consumables. you click on the player and then go to apply consumable and apply a contact to him.

you can't apply them to loan players!

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think he'll get a loss but you won't get a win since it was 0-0.

That seems a bit nuts.

He basically forfeited the game because he was in a disadvantageous position and I don't get a win?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

Only got the game today. I sold the players i got and have 6k. I would appreciate any tips to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

didn't do much trading today, but still made around 12k coins. Built my first squad out of it, a cheap Portugese league side :P

• Advertisement

The goalkeepers are ridiculous. I had my first seasons match there. 24 shots (21 on target) to zero for him. The score was 1-0 to me.....and I only scored in the last minute. Ospina made 20 saves.

I played six games tonight and the opposition keeper was man of the match in five of them, with at least a 9.7 rating.

Is it a run of bad luck? Or do I just suck at shooting? Or are the keepers way too overpowered?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Keepers are very good this year, I found. My NR gold Ukrainian keeper made some neuer-like saves in my couple of games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

v3ttel wrote: »
    The goalkeepers are ridiculous. I had my first seasons match there. 24 shots (21 on target) to zero for him. The score was 1-0 to me.....and I only scored in the last minute. Ospina made 20 saves.

I played six games tonight and the opposition keeper was man of the match in five of them, with at least a 9.7 rating.

Is it a run of bad luck? Or do I just suck at shooting? Or are the keepers way too overpowered?

You need to create better angles and more finesse inside the box. Power shots inside the box are meat and drink for any keeper this year. But with correct positioning you'll find that you'll score more. Basically if you're square on its unlikely to go in, close control dribble or skill move to create the angle. A little frustrating but actually a little skill intensive so i approve. (note it doesn't mean you're bad if you're not doing it, its just similar to how last year the body feint was busted but took people a while to figure out, this year its all about angles for passing and for shooting)

So after 5 straight losses with my cheap BBVA team, its gone :P

Given the fact pace ain't as important, going to mess round with an MLS team. Retirement home team! Keane, Villa, Lampard, Gerrard, Kaka. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So after 5 straight losses with my cheap BBVA team, its gone :P

Given the fact pace ain't as important, going to mess round with an MLS team. Retirement home team! Keane, Villa, Lampard, Gerrard, Kaka. :)

I know pace aint as important but they are required to be actually able to move :)

Lampard is nearly as slow as mertesacker

jayo26 wrote: »
    I know pace aint as important but they are required to be actually able to move :)

Lampard is nearly as slow as mertesacker

Ah, I know. Its only a rough team to keep me entertained while I build funds. I've always liked Lampard in previous games though; his shots and passing stats are really good, so I'll just let him distribute balls round the pitch while chipping in with the odd rocket :P Plus he was only 900 coins. Most of the MLS gold players are pretty cheap actually.

Gerrard is expensive, and there's no good defenders (Shaw and Smalling are going in; they have grand chemistry with Lampard and Gerrard). And it will transition into an English team pretty easily as I get more coins and want to reshuffle again.

Question; has anyone actually done a draft yet that wasn't their free one? I dont want to drop 15k on one just yet. Would imagine once I get up the leagues, I'll be using the rewards to do one every second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

Just lost the final to a pr**k who went 1-0 up and played ultra defensive and the passed it around his defence

Ah, I know. Its only a rough team to keep me entertained while I build funds. I've always liked Lampard in previous games though; his shots and passing stats are really good, so I'll just let him distribute balls round the pitch while chipping in with the odd rocket :P Plus he was only 900 coins. Most of the MLS gold players are pretty cheap actually.

Gerrard is expensive, and there's no good defenders (Shaw and Smalling are going in; they have grand chemistry with Lampard and Gerrard). And it will transition into an English team pretty easily as I get more coins and want to reshuffle again.

Question; has anyone actually done a draft yet that wasn't their free one? I dont want to drop 15k on one just yet. Would imagine once I get up the leagues, I'll be using the rewards to do one every second season.

Just did an online one there, lost in the first game. Was a bit like Vettel, i had 15 shots on target and he had one and scored :mad: got 2 gold packs and a loan player.. nothing of note.. highest ranking player was Johnny Evans at 78, loads of contacts and fitness.. not worth the 15k if you go out early anyways

Just did an online one there, lost in the first game. Was a bit like Vettel, i had 15 shots on target and he had one and scored :mad: got 2 gold packs and a loan player.. nothing of note.. highest ranking player was Johnny Evans at 78, loads of contacts and fitness.. not worth the 15k if you go out early anyways

Well they're worth it in the fact that you get more than you would if you used the money on packs. I've done a couple but used fifa points for it. If you make the final you get some decent packs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3m9s96/ronaldo_vs_mertesacker_pace/

Pace not as important this year for sure...

Also if anyone hasn't used them Nolito and Turan are great wide players this year. Bit of strength but still great dribbling.

• Advertisement

I dont see the value of doing a draft unless you are opening packs anyway i only did the free one but for the 15k you would have a decent player bought id prefer to just build a team.

I dont see the value of doing a draft unless you are opening packs anyway i only did the free one but for the 15k you would have a decent player bought id prefer to just build a team.

Well the drafting part is fun and is actual proof that this year chemistry does matter (it hasnt' previously). Its fun trying to get good chem and accommodate top players.

In other game formats such as Magic the Gathering and the like Draft or Limited as its called (you've a limited selection of cards to use) is often more popular than constructed and I wouldn't be shocked if in a few years draft mode in fifa is the same.

A good cheap RB from the PL are absolute gold dust.. trying to build an all BPL team and have to shoehorn a RCB in there instead. cheapest I've come across was Rangel 76 for 1600. None of my other players have cost more than 900.

A good cheap RB from the PL are absolute gold dust.. trying to build an all BPL team and have to shoehorn a RCB in there instead. cheapest I've come across was Rangel 76 for 1600. None of my other players have cost more than 900.

I packed Walker from my pre-order pack, and he's a god send.

The MLS team didn't work out. 4 more losses tacked on to my record :( Sold every one of them, bar Gerrard, who actually slots into my current PL team easily enough. Shifted to my BPL team and won one and drew one, so I'll stick with them for now.

As for the draft, I wish (for instance) you got a free draft token if you managed to gain promotion or get so many points in a season or something as well :(

I packed Walker from my pre-order pack, and he's a god send.

The MLS team didn't work out. 4 more losses tacked on to my record :( Sold every one of them, bar Gerrard, who actually slots into my current PL team easily enough. Shifted to my BPL team and won one and drew one, so I'll stick with them for now.

As for the draft, I wish (for instance) you got a free draft token if you managed to gain promotion or get so many points in a season or something as well :(

Yeh i agree i think the only way ill play draft is if i buy fifa points or if i got another free token, it kills me to spend coins on packs or draft token,

Bpl teams seem too be pretty good this year ive two decent bpl teams and alternate between the two and just add new players as i trade up more money.

At rb im using darmian and coleman and i think darmian is better of the two.

At rb im using darmian and coleman and i think darmian is better of the two.

From a United standpoint, I want him badly. The twice I've faced him, he was a rock at RB :(

From a United standpoint, I want him badly. The twice I've faced him, he was a rock at RB :(

Yeah I've been the same, have faced him a few times and very hard to attack down that wing.

How much did you get him for Jayo

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You need to create better angles and more finesse inside the box. Power shots inside the box are meat and drink for any keeper this year. But with correct positioning you'll find that you'll score more. Basically if you're square on its unlikely to go in, close control dribble or skill move to create the angle. A little frustrating but actually a little skill intensive so i approve. (note it doesn't mean you're bad if you're not doing it, its just similar to how last year the body feint was busted but took people a while to figure out, this year its all about angles for passing and for shooting)

I heavily use skills moves in the first third and I'm creating lots of chances, but the goals I've scored are free kicks, headers, deflections or rebounds where the keeper is out of action. I've only scored two online goals by beating the keeper outright with shots (a finesse shot from Reus) and a clear one on one.

I'm thinking keepers are OP but I also completely suck at finishing which adds to the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

any solutions for the disconnections? I want to scream, lost the first game 1-0 and the game was recorded, I got the money, won the second game 3-0 and was so happy as I need these points badly to remain in division 8 but no, the game isn't recorded, I didn't get the coins and I didn't get the points :mad::mad::mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Someone tell me a player I can make a profit from please ?

Advertisement