Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Wasted all my coins on th online draft :(

Danny Ings seems to be a decent striker..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Blazer wrote: »
    Had a game last night where I gave away 4 penalties. I've been playing Fifa since 97/98 and never seen a game with 3 let alone 4 penalties...and they were all bloody ridiculous. Another thing is the pace..I know paces whores are a nuisance but when you see Remy huffing and puffing while Mertersacker racing past past him to tackle is absolutely ridiculous. It definitely seems to be a more passing game this year but you really need good passers of the ball with good ball control to get anywhere.

Penos are ridiculous, there isn't even a replay to see if it was a real one or not lol.
    Agree with you about Pace, last year strikers were too pacey, this year defenders are too pacey....EA sport will never get it right....having said that I prefer it this year than previous year, it's just a matter of getting used to it.
    Didn't play a single game in UT in 48 hours in PS4, are disconnections still happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

miralize wrote: »
    Because its still the same market? It would be ridiculous to be able to put players at a higher price on console as opposed to the web app.

Its nothing about prices its about the amount of trading you do, they can differentiate app from console because im blocked out from Console and not from the web app or companion app, also you can do as much on mobile app but not get locked out.

I dont fix prices on cards i just buy the cheap ones and put them at normal prices i like to call it adjusting :):):)

alwald wrote: »
    Penos are ridiculous, there isn't even a replay to see if it was a real one or not lol.
    Agree with you about Pace, last year strikers were too pacey, this year defenders are too pacey....EA sport will never get it right....having said that I prefer it this year than previous year, it's just a matter of getting used to it.
    Didn't play a single game in UT in 48 hours in PS4, are disconnections still happening.

Yeh i do agree with penos too they are too sensitive and may be fixed with patch also i was dribbling in the box several times and in possesion of the ball but somehow i give away the free kick??

In reguards to pace i reckon they have it bang on if im using remy and up agaist a slow striker if i spare his sprint by the time the 60th minute comes along i can breeze past the defender becase ive saved him but if im sprinting all over pace from the stary i use a lot more energy then i would of last year i think thats a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

So in theory you should spring him from the bench in the 60th minute

• Advertisement

So in theory you should spring him from the bench in the 60th minute

Unless you have a player with excellent stamina :) but yeh if you can bring on a fresh attacker in the 60th minute you should find he is alot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah I think the Stamina plays a bigger part this year than pace.. I like to play a high press game from the start but I've noticed I've no really energy after the 50/60 min cause my players have useless stanima :pac: I have to adjust to sitting back and soaking up the pressure until I win the ball back.

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah I think the Stamina plays a bigger part this year than pace.. I like to play a high press game from the start but I've noticed I've no really energy after the 50/60 min cause my players have useless stanima :pac: I have to adjust to sitting back and soaking up the pressure until I win the ball back.

Just pass it round your backs for half the game its great crack ha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People thinking they're clever by putting players on the line during the free-kicks.

So wrong. Have a player dummy the ball, run into the box and just pass it to him. Guy on the line plays everyone onside, goal 9 times out 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

J. Marston wrote: »
    People thinking they're clever by putting players on the line during the free-kicks.

So wrong. Have a player dummy the ball, run into the box and just pass it to him. Guy on the line plays everyone onside, goal 9 times out 10.

Looking forward to trying this. Sounds like the sort of thing that would wind someone up big time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scored so, so many goals like this last season, though usually just by passing it to the man who is no longer marked in the box. And still seeing people do it this year too.

Its so much easier to get the ball onto top corner too because usually keeper cant get past the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Scored so, so many goals like this last season, though usually just by passing it to the man who is no longer marked in the box. And still seeing people do it this year too.

How do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

never so mad with a game of Fifa 2 - 0 up after 20 minutes bossing the game, he gets 2 pens in 5 minutes for nothing then scores on the counter twice while his defense is sitting on the edge of the box. 4 - 2 to him at half time with 4 shots. got one back but fair fuking annoying about 15 shots on target. the pens are a joke in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

Lord TSC wrote: »

there are names for these guys who score these goals

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got my first inform of the year lost the first game of the draft and got martial now what to do sell now or hold for a few weeks and see what way the price gos

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

gotthebug wrote: »
    Got my first inform of the year lost the first game of the draft and got martial now what to do sell now or hold for a few weeks and see what way the price gos

I'm no FUT expert but I'd say sell now, the card itself isn't that great so could drop in price when the hype around him dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

smart people? people using logic? people using their brain?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    How do you do that?

People when defending free kicks tend to take one of their players and put him on the line to defend. This usually leaves one person free in the box. Even better if they pull away from your guy standing right beside the wall. Pass to them with A, and you usually have a free shot on goal.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

What am i doing wrong. Most games i play online i feel like my players don't put any pressure on the other team whereas they are doubling up on me everywhere. I'm not really losing any more than i have on other fifas but the games are a lot more joyless and frustrating so far. Although i have had a couple of great games with players that try to play the game the right way.

Going to go back to seasons for a while and see how that feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

4 games, 4 wins but 3 loses on my record. That's 3 disconnects at the end of the last 4 matches.

It's also taking me 7 or 8 tries because no opponents can now be found (haven't had this problem at any point since last Thursday until now).

It's getting worse, not better. The game is unplayable for me now until they fix this. I wish EA could just sort their sh*t out.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I am terrible at this. Score every game but if any one runs at me my team capitulate. Servers/connection is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I get no such problems in regards to disconnects and all that. The odd Laggy game but that's online gaming for ya

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I get no such problems in regards to disconnects and all that. The odd Laggy game but that's online gaming for ya

That's odd that some people have had no problems with it at all.

I've been plagued by disconnects at the end of games and their forum is flooded with people who have the same problem. It looks really widespread. I haven't been effected by this with any previous FIFA or online game.

v3ttel wrote: »
    That's odd that some people have had no problems with it at all.

I've been plagued by disconnects at the end of games and their forum is flooded with people who have the same problem. It looks really widespread. I haven't been effected by this with any previous FIFA or online game.

Same here havent had any problems with disconnect ive only 1 dnf in 30 odd games.

"We are aware that some players are experiencing connection issues and matches that do not finish (DNF) on PC and PlayStation 4.

We are working quickly to resolve the issue and restore normal support status. Stay tuned to this article or Twitter for updates."

https://help.ea.com/en/article/matches-that-do-not-finish-dnf-on-pc-and-playstation-4/

http://help.ea.com/en/article/transactions-and-matches-that-did-not-finish/

Worryingly, the last time PS users had a disconnection issue, it took them until March to fix it as per the link below..... I was blissfully unaware of this on the Xbox360.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/y4RbRnRWQVd6kFDBVcm2hb/fifa-12-ultimate-let-down

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Is this happening to all PS4 users?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is this happening to all PS4 users?

I've had no lag whatsoever in 30 odd games, and only had 2 disconnections which didn't count. My internet is wireless, only about 40-50% connection because of thick walls in the house, and it's 2-3mb speed usually when I test it. Been playing the draft a lot, about 10 games in fut seasons.

Luck of the draw I guess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Putting a defender on the line when facing a dangerous free kick works well for me. I've already cleared several off the line and conceded none.

You are obviously playing everyone onside and leaving yourself open, but the fact is it's advantageous to have somebody on the line as very few people pass it short.

(btw, the dummy thing wouldn't work on me - if I see two/three players standing over the ball I'll immediately take the defender off the line.)

Advertisement