Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Yeah stopped trading and just playing games now. The effort put in to make 500 coins trading just isnt worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Anyone that's still on the EA access trial failing to get into the phone app today? It's telling me that my early access trial is over and I have the now buy the full game. F*ck that! Still have about 6 hours left on the trial anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

No daily gifts today?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

v3ttel wrote: »
    No daily gifts today?

Got one in the companions app anyways a legends loan pack got van nistilroy for 3 games and 10 bronze players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

gotthebug wrote: »
    Got one in the companions app anyways a legends loan pack got van nistilroy for 3 games and 10 bronze players

think it must be app only, got a bronze players pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, I got a bronze players pack too. Daily gifts are finished now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone else get a Legend Loan pack? Got Blanc in mine.
    Playing right isnt doing 16 stepovers in the box at every attack!
    Free kicks or corners are fair game. Doing 17 billion stepovers a game is just bull**** IMO

I love when people do that to me; so easy to dispossess when they keep doing it over and over, and you know its coming :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Played 3 games today. All three froze at the end and kicked me without getting coins or record of the match.

Second year in a row that this is happening - it can't be hard to fix EA!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Anyone else really hating the gameplay FIFA this year? I'm seriously considering trading it and forgetting about it, such a load of shite

Every game I play in FUT this year the other team defends like crazy and has high pressure, I try to build up passing and create space, every pass is intercepted and countered, relentless. Between that and nearly every little challenge given a yellow its not enjoyable other than the pace, shooting and crossing being improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

donnyb28 wrote: »
    Anyone else really hating the gameplay FIFA this year? I'm seriously considering trading it and forgetting about it, such a load of shite

Every game I play in FUT this year the other team defends like crazy and has high pressure, I try to build up passing and create space, every pass is intercepted and countered, relentless. Between that and nearly every little challenge given a yellow its not enjoyable other than the pace, shooting and crossing being improved.

So 3 of the most annoying things about fifa have been fixed but you hate it because of the way others play it? Ha :)

Do agree its hard this year im finding it hard to geused to most of the changes but its decent challenge im enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

donnyb28 wrote: »

Its a different game this year. You can't just whollop the pass buttons and get pinpoint accuracy with them. Last year, passes were nearly automatic; just bang it forward and it would always go to your player.

This year, you really do have to time and weight passes properly, and its difficult to readjust your gameplay completely. I'm getting there now, and really love it. There's a bit more skill involved.

Any of you having te problem of always playing away from home? I havent ad one home match all week.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Any of you having te problem of always playing away from home? I havent ad one home match all week.

Had one home game out of ten or so in ultimate team I think, always thought it was to do with connection but pretty sure that's just me being superstitious.

hots wrote: »
    Had one home game out of ten or so in ultimate team I think, always thought it was to do with connection but pretty sure that's just me being superstitious.

Yehh some are saying its connection but ive never ha problem with it in any other fifa game

I've made a few tweaks to my router setup to see if it would help the disconnecting at the end of the match (seeing as some people don't have any problems).

First game up, I'm up against a Serie A team, I go 1-0 up and just before half time he gets a man sent off for a slide tackle directly from behind. He equalises to make it 1-1, does the "ssssh" celebration for as long as possible, and starts to pass the ball around at the back over and over.

I get the ball back after a lot of dicking around and hit the post. The match goes to extra time and I score in the 114th minute, do my full celebration, watch every replay, and see the rest of the game out by passing the ball around the back myself like a complete prick :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

v3ttel wrote: »
    I've made a few tweaks to my router setup to see if it would help the disconnecting at the end of the match (seeing as some people don't have any problems).

First game up, I'm up against a Serie A team, I go 1-0 up and just before half time he gets a man sent off for a slide tackle directly from behind. He equalises to make it 1-1, does the "ssssh" celebration for as long as possible, and starts to pass the ball around at the back over and over.

I get the ball back after a lot of dicking around and hit the post. The match goes to extra time and I score in the 114th minute, do my full celebration, watch every replay, and see the rest of the game out by passing the ball around the back myself like a complete prick :pac:

Good enough for the f**ker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I haven't had an away match yet, I'm always at home :D

astradave wrote: »
    I haven't had an away match yet, I'm always at home :D

Wouldnt bother me only most of the time tey using stupid colour bals that im squinting to make out where they are.

Wouldnt bother me only most of the time tey using stupid colour bals that im squinting to make out where they are.

Yeah I think that's one of the reasons I enjoy being at home. I always use a white ball. Always. Can't stand the fancy coloured balls.. Though I'm playing on a big TV so don't have the problem with not seeing the ball

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah I think that's one of the reasons I enjoy being at home. I always use a white ball. Always. Can't stand the fancy coloured balls.. Though I'm playing on a big TV so don't have the problem with not seeing the ball

I have a pretty big tv too but the sitting room is also big so it kinda balances it out negatively hmmmm maybe ill just rearrange furniture for fifa im sure herself will understand :):)

• Advertisement

I have a pretty big tv too but the sitting room is also big so it kinda balances it out negatively hmmmm maybe ill just rearrange furniture for fifa im sure herself will understand :):)

Or just invest in a gaming chair. Just tell the OH it is an essential as your back and neck are hurting from the "normal" furniture :pac:

I hate the dark balls! Playing on a 32" tv most of the time instead of the big tv and can hardly see them. Would be great if you could filter out opponents in UT, have games set to no celebrations, minimal replays and white balls only!

I was thinking about this last night and a jumbo sized bean bag for the CHILD came to mind she would love that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

v3ttel wrote:

Did you have any disconnections since?

alwald wrote: »
    Did you have any disconnections since?

I only played the one game since. I did get the "16" screen with the stadium in the background which usually means it's going to disconnect, but it worked fine after about 5 seconds. It may just have been co-incidence though.

I'd like to have 9 or 10 games without a disconnect to be confident it has helped. Planning to have a few games over the weekend to see if it really fixed it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

A no celebration/replay option would be very very welcome. Nothing more annoying when you just want a quick game than someone celebrating for a minute and watching all the replays. I skiop all replays when I score, but if the other player starts gloating after a ghoal I'll just put the controller down after every goal I score and do something else for a minute or two!

baldshin wrote: »
    A no celebration/replay option would be very very welcome. Nothing more annoying when you just want a quick game than someone celebrating for a minute and watching all the replays. I skiop all replays when I score, but if the other player starts gloating after a ghoal I'll just put the controller down after every goal I score and do something else for a minute or two!

Nothing bugs me auch and that celebration of him dancing around smacking his ass makes me want to throw the controler at screen more then nything ha.

What is it about some people playing fifa they seem like real assholes compaired to other online games, one lad wento bother of turning on his mic to insult me for last 20 minutes of a game he was wining 3 nil. I just put a headphone lead into the controller that shuts them up.

Nothing bugs me auch and that celebration of him dancing around smacking his ass makes me want to throw the controler at screen more then nything ha.

What is it about some people playing fifa they seem like real assholes compaired to other online games, one lad wento bother of turning on his mic to insult me for last 20 minutes of a game he was wining 3 nil. I just put a headphone lead into the controller that shuts them up.

I play on mute most of the time but nothing gives me more satisfaction that scoring a terrible goal or coming back from behind and seeing their little mic symbol pop up :D

hots wrote: »
    I play on mute most of the time but nothing gives me more satisfaction that scoring a terrible goal or coming back from behind and seeing their little mic symbol pop up :D

I have yet to have someone actually come on and say good game haha, use to always do it when you had the players met list.

• Advertisement

I have yet to have someone actually come on and say good game haha, use to always do it when you had the players met list.

Weirdly after my first game I got a message saying good game and that he was still learning how to pass properly. I felt like it was a trap or that in some subtle way he was trying to say 'yore ma'.

Advertisement