Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sounds good so i think i will have to have a go at that

Its fun, but I feel the price is a bit high at the moment.

Its better than spending coins or cash on packs though, since you can get more bang for your buck doing it. And its a fun way to test top level players that are hard to get.

Restocking on Blind. Noticed his normal price has dropped cause I grabbed 25 of him at 700 coins when I was paying 900-1000 last week. All up for 2000 coins or there abouts. Having no luck with consumables on X1, and the IFs are going so, so slow. Have sold three IF Carrassos for a few thousand profit each, but IF Verhaegh is a non-mover. Think a lot of people are opening packs, coupled with a lack of people "obtaining" coins, so markets are a bit slower :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »

Its better than spending coins or cash on packs though, since you can get more bang for your buck doing it. And its a fun way to test top level players that are hard to get.

Restocking on Blind. Noticed his normal price has dropped cause I grabbed 25 of him at 700 coins when I was paying 900-1000 last week. All up for 2000 coins or there abouts. Having no luck with consumables on X1, and the IFs are going so, so slow. Have sold three IF Carrassos for a few thousand profit each, but IF Verhaegh is a non-mover. Think a lot of people are opening packs, coupled with a lack of people "obtaining" coins, so markets are a bit slower :(

The happy hours dont help either two sessions of jumbo gold packs already and the game out only a week. The top player prices havent taken a dive yet hopefully they will soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

having no luck with trading lately. Sitting at 60k atm, gonna try pick up a few players in the BPL mid-week and sell at the weekend, see if that'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Which players do you think will be part of TOTW? If I can guess few of them then I can buy loads, guaranteed profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ageuro will be one dunno about the others best thing to do is check out futheads predictions they do on a Monday. They're not normally not wrong on most of them

• Advertisement

What formations do ye all use guys? I tried nearly all of them apart from the 5 at the back formations which i hate the one ive stuck with so far is 41212 which was the best formation a couple year ago too.
    I think it suits the passing this year the midfield is more spread out so its easier find space then using any of the 433 formations.

I had both teams running 433(4) but wasn't as comfortable this year with it. So I changed one of them to 41212 definitely loving that formation I also tried 5212 that wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

jayo26 wrote: »
    What formations do ye all use guys? I tried nearly all of them apart from the 5 at the back formations which i hate the one ive stuck with so far is 41212 which was the best formation a couple year ago too.
    I think it suits the passing this year the midfield is more spread out so its easier find space then using any of the 433 formations.

4-3-2-1

Good balance on the wings, striker isn't isolated and the gap between the midfield and defence or strikers isn't large.

Can't use 4-1-2-1-2 this year, the gap in the centre of the park seems too big and the holding midfielder either gets isolated or he goes wandering.

Its one of the 433s with a a striker and a CAM and two wingers.

Two wingers bomb forward with the ball, try and get it into the striker, and if it gets knocked out, the CAM is ready to power the ball forward again. Snedjier is ****ing awesome for that; his long shots are unreal, and he always seems to hang back in space to recieve the ball and thunderbastard it towards the goal.

Given I'm in Div 5 now, I'm getting like 7000 coins per season. So will be doing a draft every second season (as opposed to last year, where more often than not, I sank the 7000 coins into a pack). Annoyingly, when I did one there, game one was against someone who was lagging the game out something horrid :( Lost on penalties when he kept causing my penalties to lag up, making them impossible to score :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In fairness player prices atm are higher then they will later in fifa, so I think if you're good and can make it to the later rounds it's more than worth it

The only gripe I have with it is the lack of variety in teams, played 10 drafts and had Messi 6 times, Ronaldo 5 times and in only 2 drafts did I have neither of them. Had Neymar a few times too. If I got a choice of Messi/Ronaldo of another top player I'd pick the other player at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

In fairness player prices atm are higher then they will later in fifa, so I think if you're good and can make it to the later rounds it's more than worth it

The only gripe I have with it is the lack of variety in teams, played 10 drafts and had Messi 6 times, Ronaldo 5 times and in only 2 drafts did I have neither of them. Had Neymar a few times too. If I got a choice of Messi/Ronaldo of another top player I'd pick the other player at this stage

Yeah the card weights seem way off to me. But i will say i'd rather play against Messi on 4 chem than Palacio on 10 chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So.. should I buy aguero to horde until wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

miralize wrote: »
    So.. should I buy aguero to horde until wednesday?

I haven't checked but i imagine his price has already gone up...

Its one of the 433s with a a striker and a CAM and two wingers.

Two wingers bomb forward with the ball, try and get it into the striker, and if it gets knocked out, the CAM is ready to power the ball forward again. Snedjier is ****ing awesome for that; his long shots are unreal, and he always seems to hang back in space to recieve the ball and thunderbastard it towards the goal.

Given I'm in Div 5 now, I'm getting like 7000 coins per season. So will be doing a draft every second season (as opposed to last year, where more often than not, I sank the 7000 coins into a pack). Annoyingly, when I did one there, game one was against someone who was lagging the game out something horrid :( Lost on penalties when he kept causing my penalties to lag up, making them impossible to score :(

Im using james as a cam in my la liga team and he is a beast the only thing i can fault him on is his stamina but ye usually has couple goals or assist per game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Can any of ye recommend good apps or sites to check what players are actually selling for? I had a great app for ultimate team a few years ago that told me this and let me transfer list them etc via the app.

I've opened a few packs so want to get rid of the dead weight and see what kind of coins I'm left with.

Any of ye have a seria A team? I stumbled into it with the players I've packed. Have a front 3 of menez gervinho and salah which does the business. Playing 3 CB too due to the packed players. Bonucci is immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

I keep losing connection to EA server after single player games, kicks me back to menu, don't get a result or coins and uses up a game on all player contracts.

Fun times.

Can any of ye recommend good apps or sites to check what players are actually selling for? I had a great app for ultimate team a few years ago that told me this and let me transfer list them etc via the app.

I've opened a few packs so want to get rid of the dead weight and see what kind of coins I'm left with.

Any of ye have a seria A team? I stumbled into it with the players I've packed. Have a front 3 of menez gervinho and salah which does the business. Playing 3 CB too due to the packed players. Bonucci is immense.

There is no apps that will actually show player value anymore as EA blocked them all last year so they only list price ranges now.

The best apps seem too be futhead and futwiz now they are just databases of players but have nothing to do ith your ea club.

Personally myself i use the futwiz webpage it gives tones of details and filtering options.

Edit: the app you use to use was Ultimate team trader it was excellent anwaso easy to make coins and relist players on but unfortunately that ended after fifa 14 :(

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    I keep losing connection to EA server after single player games, kicks me back to menu, don't get a result or coins and uses up a game on all player contracts.

Fun times.

I lost connection twice in the last 2 days, no lagging just a message kicking me out of UT, my internet is working fine as I can log back in immediately after...in one of the matches I was winning 3-2 in the 76th minute, beautiful match as my opponent was playing well and was playing all attack to try and grab a draw/win..damn it those 3 points would have helped me reach the next division but now I am stuck in the same division :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Guys, amateur question here : What's the correct way to manage a squads fitnesss effectively?

I had loads of coins last year and just bought the squad fitness cards, but this year have to be more conservative.

Is it just build another squad and rotate? How do the others (main team) regain their fitness if not being in subs or reserves.

Have a Turkish/ Portugese hybrid at the moment - very enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

daRobot wrote: »
    Guys, amateur question here : What's the correct way to manage a squads fitnesss effectively?

I had loads of coins last year and just bought the squad fitness cards, but this year have to be more conservative.

Is it just build another squad and rotate? How do the others (main team) regain their fitness if not being in subs or reserves.

Have a Turkish/ Portugese hybrid at the moment - very enjoyable so far.

Yup 2 teams, one team sits on the bench/reserves while the other plays.

• Advertisement

Theres an Update available for fifa on PS4

The update includes general stability improvements and addresses the following items identified by the community and the FIFA live service team:
    Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
    FIFA Trainer buttin tuning.
    Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
    Adressed some instances of referee / kit clashes.
    Adressed one instace of an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
    Adressed one instance of shot missing the top corner being called a goal
    Player clipping during inte sequence in certain stadiums.
    In addition the the above, the update addreses the following FUT items:
    EA SPORTS Football Club shared squads not showing players in FIFA menus.
    RElisting Transfer List items not retaining previous price settings.
    Error message when attempting to apply a contract consumable.
    Away crowd wearing incorrent kit.
    A small amount of returning user experiencing an issue when naming their club.
    A controller disconnect issue in FUT modes.

Did another draft, got to round two.

Two gold packs, two silver player packs. Got 1000 coins in each of the gold packs, and nabbed Scott Sinclair who instantly sold for 6000 coins, and another rare silver who sold straight away for 3000 coins. Coupled with the quick selling of other cards, managed to break evens.

It's very slow to sell on PS4, prices are dropping a bit. Any good card to sell to make some profit guys? I have a Gervinho card, I am hoping he will be in TOTW (Scored 2 goals the week end and was elected MOTM) so I can sell him for 4 times his price :D:D

All players are going to be hard to sell now they have another jumbo gold pack sale in store lasting until tomorrow evening. They are realy ramping up the pack sales this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

All players are going to be hard to sell now they have another jumbo gold pack sale in store lasting until tomorrow evening. They are realy ramping up the pack sales this year.

Sure 15k packs are practically the same as 7.5k packs, only 1 rare extra in them. Not going to break the market imo

Sure 15k packs are practically the same as 7.5k packs, only 1 rare extra in them. Not going to break the market imo

They will, coupled with the old-gen/next gen split, as well as the Hero Lewandowski this week and the likely Hero Aguero next week, is making it harder to trade significantly. Coupled with the lack of coin sellers, meaning that kids who would have spent money on coins before and are now buying packs, meaning less willing to splash stupid amounts on inflated players AND a flooding of the market.

The IF Discard method I've mentioned before is significantly slower this year than last, and its cause of all those factors. :(

On the upside, it will quickly become a buyers market; prices on a lot of cards are going to crash soon I reckon...

As lord said above its crazy the amount of packs people buy becaustey think they are getting a bargain. Im selling consumable cards today for the price that i usually buy them at but on the plus side they are tons tobuy and sell so still made more money then usual :)

Who is your best cheap beast(s) so far?

alwald wrote: »
    Who is your best cheap beast(s) so far?

Dioufs stats look great he is worth a try. Strong and fastt

• Advertisement

Dioufs stats look great he is worth a try. Strong and fastt

Gosh him, he scored the winner against me at the 88 minute during one match, my defenders couldn't catch him.

I would pick Bruma for la Liga, cheap and efficient.

Advertisement