Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wonder if Fifa points sales are down this year? All the hero cards and now 50k packs, I can't remember offers like these in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wonder if Fifa points sales are down this year? All the hero cards and now 50k packs, I can't remember offers like these in previous years.

They're seriously pushing with all these offers

And including players in the totw who don't come near deserving it, like Neuer

Prices will be way too low come the end of the year, opening packs is just about worth it, but later in the year you'll need an in form or a top players to be making money on packs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »

Id imagine they are higher then ever thats why they are doing it, they have the coin selling reasonably under control by the looks of it so the only way people can buy packs is trade or buy points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

50k pack in the store

Double chance of the top players (they say)

Have 50k

Decisions decisions........

Opened a pack and wasted my coins on it :(
    Not even the regular Ronaldo card !!! EA are thieves.

alwald wrote: »
    Opened a pack and wasted my coins on it :(
    Not even the regular Ronaldo card !!! EA are thieves.

Could of at least given ya a messi.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Could of at least given ya a messi.

you see, we are reasonable ppl, at least we aren't asking for the purple Ronaldo :D

you see, we are reasonable ppl, at least we aren't asking for the purple Ronaldo :D

I think a post on their forums is in order and demand your money back as the game must be broke..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

VeVeX wrote: »
    IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

Iniesta and Modric now added in place or Rakatic and Kroos. I'm trying out Pique in place of Laporte at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

I'm getting ready to quit this year I think, just cannot get on with it. Maybe it's my playing style but players misjudge passes all the time, give away penalties constantly and often just run the opposite direction to the attacking player!
    I've regularly won division 1 in the last few years, can't get out of division 7 in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

baldshin wrote: »
    I'm getting ready to quit this year I think, just cannot get on with it. Maybe it's my playing style but players misjudge passes all the time, give away penalties constantly and often just run the opposite direction to the attacking player!
    I've regularly won division 1 in the last few years, can't get out of division 7 in this!

Ditto. Struggling in Div.7. Re: the passing, I've switched it to semi and it's helped slightly...I can play better through balls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am in Div 6 right now, though I've been hovering round Div 5.

You really have to change how you played from last year. Can't just boot passes round the field. More about short passes, often backwards too. Working ways into space.

Speaking of...Kagawa is fast becoming my favorite player this year. He's 9 goals and 4 assists in 9 games now, as a CAM. His positioning is crazy, constantly popping up with runs into space to slot home goals. His shot power is bad (like, 40ish) but it never seems to matter. He's always ready with the tap ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lord TSC wrote: »

You really have to change how you played from last year. Can't just boot passes round the field. More about short passes, often backwards too. Working ways into space.

On the passing, I'm actually finding long direct balls (not through balls) are actually usable now to target men. Very handy counter-tactic to people sitting back and closing off passing lanes to be able to chuck it up to Mandzukic and knock it down to someone...

hots wrote: »
    On the passing, I'm actually finding long direct balls (not through balls) are actually usable now to target men. Very handy counter-tactic to people sitting back and closing off passing lanes to be able to chuck it up to Mandzukic and knock it down to someone...

In regards to passing lanes and other tactics like target men what do all ye guys use? Ive been playing around with loads of setups but never aeem to have it right tactically.

In regards to passing lanes and other tactics like target men what do all ye guys use? Ive been playing around with loads of setups but never aeem to have it right tactically.

I've done very little tinkering really, just using 4231 narrow mainly with someone big up top and the widest of the CAMs being the quickest 2, ideally with very strong weak-foot ratings. Always look for high ball control and dribbling stats and a bit of strength for them too. CDMs are tall and strong with a bit of passing (always high defensive work-rate). Full backs ideally high-high but definitely high attacking work-rate.

I didn't spend a penny on packs and I am on division 4 and remained there for the last few seasons, I have an average team only.....in some matches I feel that I have a full control of my players and the ball passing is great and in other games I can barely make 2 passes without the ball being intercepted, the key is to really find the players that suits you and the formation that suits you, I tried several good expensive ich players but I sold them after few games as they didn't suit me at all. Overall this is my 11th or 12th squad since the game was released and I tried players from several leagues and made some hybrid teams as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I just give it to Hero Aguero and let him so the rest :pac:

astradave wrote: »
    I just give it to Hero Aguero and let him so the rest :pac:

Well yeh ok that sounds like a plan haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

As much as this game sh!ts on you most of the time, every now and then it gives you some joy to keep you hooked

Got dumped out of FUT draft there with 0 wins and got Yaya Toure in the free pack :D

Its not quiet fixed but they did make it better i think :) spent 100k on packs got this.

2gvl9wz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

How to people get over a million coins?? You can't trade fifa points for coins can you

• Advertisement

How to people get over a million coins?? You can't trade fifa points for coins can you

Nope you cant, you just trade players and consumables to earn coins.

What a team totw week we have if sterling caam, we have 89 neymar we have 91 ibra and we have teixeira if who is going to make a lethal striker in a brazil team but best card of the lot we have anders all shiny and gold and black wooop

Check out @futheadsite's Tweet: https://twitter.com/futheadsite/status/656832702897766401?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

50k pack in the store

Double chance of the top players (they say)

Have 50k

Decisions decisions........

I opened a 50K pack. The best player I got was Jagielka. Barely got 8K out of the pack as most didn't sell above discard price.

To be fair, better than the players I'd usually get alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What a team totw week we have if sterling caam, we have 89 neymar we have 91 ibra and we have teixeira if who is going to make a lethal striker in a brazil team but best card of the lot we have anders all shiny and gold and black wooop

Check out @futheadsite's Tweet: https://twitter.com/futheadsite/status/656832702897766401?s=09

I know he played cam but I really wanted Sterling at LM/LW
    v3ttel wrote: »
    I opened a 50K pack. The best player I got was Jagielka. Barely got 8K out of the pack as most didn't sell above discard price.

To be fair, better than the players I'd usually get alright :pac:

Got Koscielny and Eriksen, so broke even. I'd almost rather get no-one and be put off packs for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Man that Anders card looks good.. he's the only player in my team that's not rare, stupid Fifa

astradave wrote: »
    Man that Anders card looks good.. he's the only player in my team that's not rare, stupid Fifa

Im gonna have to build a united team now fuk my life ha.

Hero Wijnaldum.

4cKaA.gif

Thats an unreal TOTW. Going to be even more packs opened :pac:

So many packs to be opened :/ I take it's not just me going crazy and that the players prices seem mad this year? Good players and below are all virtually at discard prices already but the better players have held their value relatively well like normal? Bearing in mind it's still early days in UT it seems really easy to make good teams costing nothing...

What I dont get is that if they really want to make players cheaper and drive down those prices, why not just start off with dramatically lower max prices?

I know the primary aim is for them to rake it in, but still, you could cap off a load of top tier players without letting them going into the hundreds of thousands.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What I dont get is that if they really want to make players cheaper and drive down those prices, why not just start off with dramatically lower max prices?

I know the primary aim is for them to rake it in, but still, you could cap off a load of top tier players without letting them going into the hundreds of thousands.

I think the problem with that is that you will end up with whqt happened last year with none of the elite players on the market. Im happy with how its going at moment messi is going to be under 1m soon and i dont think he has been that low since 2014 so that has to be good and ronaldo is half the price he was this time last year even before the inflated prices.

Ive opened sht loads of packs this year already but using coins i get from trading and still earning enough to have two good teams built.

Advertisement