Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Crap defending by me, I know, but what exactly is my keeper doing standing on the post leaving the entire goal open?

It's nonsense like that makes me believe in scripting.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

J. Marston wrote: »

I've both conceded and scored a few howlers that made the match feel like no matter what I did I was going to win/lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

J. Marston wrote: »
    Crap defending by me, I know, but what exactly is my keeper doing standing on the post leaving the entire goal open?

Why did you keep backing away from the shooter? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

callaway92 wrote: »
    Why did you keep backing away from the shooter? :confused:

I wouldnt think it was intentional the dude was spaming skill moves not always easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

There are few bargains in the Turkish league, I read that Sneijder is insane, can anybody who tried the Turkish advice about who to buy and who to avoid, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Anyone else finding everything in fut real slow this week, gameplay is fine but everything else seems so slow. When will the weekly tournaments start again I used to enjoy building different teams each week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

alwald wrote: »
    There are few bargains in the Turkish league, I read that Sneijder is insane, can anybody who tried the Turkish advice about who to buy and who to avoid, cheers

Yilmaz, Quaresma, Nani, Sneidjer and Bruno Alves were all pretty good for my Turkish team. Gokhan Tore looks handy also, but haven't really used him due to Quaresma and his 5 star skills.

Not sure if I would play Yilmaz up front as a lone striker due to his lack of dribbling, but he is a good target man type of striker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Am using a Turkish hybrid, with RVP up front and Nani and Promes flanking him, and they are easily the most effective team I've used so far. RVP is being a great target man for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Any surprisingly expensive players or consumables that you have spotted? Sold the Ethiad Stadium (city's ground) for 1.7K which I found crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Any surprisingly expensive players or consumables that you have spotted? Sold the Ethiad Stadium (city's ground) for 1.7K which I found crazy.

Never understood why hunter was so expensive, it's only 3 extra in pace and shooting. Hawk which gives +2 in shooting, pace and physical is 1/10th the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Had 11 games with a loan Sneijder and used him in a dutch team, ball control and passing is great but wouldn't rave over him really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Reganio 2 wrote: »

The +30 Squad Fitness always gets me 1,500+ which is decent.

Any good kit/badge usually gets a bit too.

Anyone else use jackson Martinez?? Found him brilliant in about 10 games ive used him.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just logged into the app and got a free gift only a bronze pack but tis summit I suppose others might get better

gotthebug wrote: »
    Just logged into the app and got a free gift only a bronze pack but tis summit I suppose others might get better

500 coins for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Silver pack for me. Nothing in it really.

Have made a silver Premier League team. Wanted a bit of a challenge. So far, fun team - a lot of the players are fast, tricky players like Vardy, Mahrez, Redmond, etc but there are a few major deficiencies in certain positions. Going well so far though, 3 wins from 3.

Some players are crazy expensive, though. Callum Wilson is more than 10k for the most part and Gabby Agbonlahor is closer to 20k. Hector Bellerin is colosally expensive then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone else use jackson Martinez?? Found him brilliant in about 10 games ive used him.

Had him in a draft and he was a beast

Had Griezmann planned as my striker when I move onto a bbva team, no way I won't have Martinez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Yep, he's excellent. Super strong & great finisher.

Also would highly recommend Konoplyanka along with him out wide, plays like a player worth 10 x his coins.

daRobot wrote: »
    Yep, he's excellent. Super strong & great finisher.

Also would highly recommend Konoplyanka along with him out wide, plays like a player worth 10 x his coins.

Yehh his strength is brilliant gets me loads of goals his strenght makes up for his lack of pace,
    Konoplyanka is very good too i had him for a ehile but i cant fit him in at moment ive ronaldo holding down that position :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Yehh his strength is brilliant gets me loads of goals his strenght makes up for his lack of pace,
    Konoplyanka is very good too i had him for a ehile but i cant fit him in at moment ive ronaldo holding down that position :):):)

Ha, tis a hard life at Chez Jayo so!

• Advertisement

daRobot wrote: »
    Ha, tis a hard life at Chez Jayo so!

Tell me about it sure lol.

I've about 170K in the bank. I really want to build this team, but it's more than a fair chunk of all of my coins. Candreva looks amazing but it's a shame he only has 3 star skills. Martinez seems quite similar to Aboubakar who is my top scorer by a mile.

b55a7EB.png

I also really want to get Tevez, but struggling to build a 4-3-3(4) side around him.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I've about 170K in the bank. I really want to build this team, but it's more than a fair chunk of all of my coins. Candreva looks amazing but it's a shame he only has 3 star skills. Martinez seems quite similar to Aboubakar who is my top scorer by a mile.

b55a7EB.png

I also really want to get Tevez, but struggling to build a 4-3-3(4) side around him.

Put freddy guarin in there instead of griezman he is a beast and maybe put cuadrado instead of candreva you should save some coins on guarin and individual chemistry be better too.

Edit just noticed the chemistry with Krychowiack might not be the best ha. Id definitely try get greddy guarine in he is a excellent.

Put freddy guarin in there instead of griezman he is a beast and maybe put cuadrado instead of candreva you should save some coins on guarin and individual chemistry be better too.

Edit just noticed the chemistry with Krychowiack might not be the best ha. Id definitely try get greddy guarine in he is a excellent.

I could go Guarin and Cuadrado, but that would cost me an extra 35K over Parolo and Candreva.

Not sure I'd use Guarin as a CAM. He looks unreal but only has 3 star skills.

I'm mad to put Cuadrado at RW with 5 star skills and pace.

I could go Guarin and Cuadrado, but that would cost me an extra 35K over Parolo and Candreva.

Not sure I'd use Guarin as a CAM. He looks unreal but only has 3 star skills.

I'm mad to put Cuadrado at RW with 5 star skills and pace.

Guarin makes up for it with everything else trust me, grest free kicks, great long shots and strenght.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

v3ttel wrote:

Can you share the squad that you are using with Aboubakar please, there are good offensive players in the Portuguese league but there is a lack of quality RB/LB and CB.

Can you share the squad that you are using with Aboubakar please, there are good offensive players in the Portuguese league but there is a lack of quality RB/LB and CB.

Sure. I'm 16-2-2 with this team in Seasons (not including the disconnects at the start with that stupid problem at the end of games on PS4).

I went with Alves and Maicon at CB. Both above 6'1, strong, fast, good in the air and are very solid.

Bosingwa is alright at RB. There are plenty of decent LBs (Jefferson, Layun, Eliseu). I went with Jefferson as he is an ok free kick taker and has every stat in the 70s. He's a solid option.

Danilo and Carvalho are both tanks. They're tall, have very high physical and defensive stats and are a good screen for the defense.

Taarabt is decent with 5 star skills. Ideally I would like a better CAM, but he is probably the best option in the league and he scored or assisted in 14 of 24 games which is an ok return. Carrillo is very good when he gets the ball (another with 5 star skills), but seems to be offside an incredible amount. He always play on the shoulder and often beyond. Once he gets the ball he is difficult to stop.

I'm not sure what is it about Gaitan but his dribbling is unreal. He can pop out of any situation with the ball even when surrounded with players. I've used other players with 86 dribbling with the same traits that don't feel as good. He's so agile and nimble with the ball.

Aboubakar is a tank. He is fast, strong, great shooting, and has the tries to beat defensive line trait, so he always makes good runs which open up space. Easily the best striker you can pick up for sub 1000 coins. Even when he is surrounded, he is fast enough and strong enough to barrel his way into the box and score.

N1BD13b.jpg

Not been playing since Halo came out but been trading away on a low level.

Just realised that for all I felt I was going slowly, if everything in my trade pile sold, I'd have about 750k to play round with.

Anyone tried James Rodriquez yet? Looking at building a BBVA team and not sure if he's worth the coin, or should I go with the cheaper alternative and use Isco.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not been playing since Halo came out but been trading away on a low level.

Just realised that for all I felt I was going slowly, if everything in my trade pile sold, I'd have about 750k to play round with.

Anyone tried James Rodriquez yet? Looking at building a BBVA team and not sure if he's worth the coin, or should I go with the cheaper alternative and use Isco.

Ive have james and iniesta and modric in a mixture of two sides and out of the 3 of them iniesta gets the most goals and assists also uing koke and he does more then james but i have been playing him in cm so i can fit cuadrado in as a rw so it may not be his best position to get most from him.

2aj6z2q.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sure. I'm 16-2-2 with this team in Seasons (not including the disconnects at the start with that stupid problem at the end of games on PS4).

I went with Alves and Maicon at CB. Both above 6'1, strong, fast, good in the air and are very solid.

Bosingwa is alright at RB. There are plenty of decent LBs (Jefferson, Layun, Eliseu). I went with Jefferson as he is an ok free kick taker and has every stat in the 70s. He's a solid option.

Danilo and Carvalho are both tanks. They're tall, have very high physical and defensive stats and are a good screen for the defense.

Taarabt is decent with 5 star skills. Ideally I would like a better CAM, but he is probably the best option in the league and he scored or assisted in 14 of 24 games which is an ok return. Carrillo is very good when he gets the ball (another with 5 star skills), but seems to be offside an incredible amount. He always play on the shoulder and often beyond. Once he gets the ball he is difficult to stop.

I'm not sure what is it about Gaitan but his dribbling is unreal. He can pop out of any situation with the ball even when surrounded with players. I've used other players with 86 dribbling with the same traits that don't feel as good. He's so agile and nimble with the ball.

Aboubakar is a tank. He is fast, strong, great shooting, and has the tries to beat defensive line trait, so he always makes good runs which open up space. Easily the best striker you can pick up for sub 1000 coins. Even when he is surrounded, he is fast enough and strong enough to barrel his way into the box and score.

N1BD13b.jpg

Try Pizzi at CAM. 4*, 5'11. Great player for me when I used him. Played a lot better than Taarabt.

Advertisement