Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Does anyone find there's more lag on Draft than on normal mode?

I do but only because in UT I back out of a game if there's not 3 green bars, I don't think you get that option in draft do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

New team of the week, nothing to get me excited for my bbva teams but few bpl.

Check out @EASPORTSFIFA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/661920884127612928?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Some guy on Reddit got banned from all FIFAs for BIN sniping :eek: if it's true, it's effectively ruined trading imo.

Some guy on Reddit got banned from all FIFAs for BIN sniping :eek: if it's true, it's effectively ruined trading imo.

Wouldnt imagine its true mate its the only way i trade, every now and then i cant access the transfer market if i am sniping or a period of time but after 20 mins its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

He was probably using a bot or something like that.

Doing well with FIFA so far, reached Div 4 ages ago with 2 squads that have an overall value of less than 50K combined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Here's the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3qvgu7/i_have_officaly_been_banned_for_bin_snipping/

Nepenthez also put out a video talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They're getting banned by mistake, I reckon.

If you're going at a fierce pace bin snipping, you'll prob get mistaken for a bot, so that's where the ban is coming from.

You get a permanent ban now for using a bot on the market so that's why he got banned, and without warning

They're getting banned by mistake, I reckon.

If you're going at a fierce pace bin snipping, you'll prob get mistaken for a bot, so that's where the ban is coming from.

You get a permanent ban now for using a bot on the market so that's why he got banned, and without warning

Its EA's version of financial fair play i bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Having trouble putting IF Shane Long up for sale on companion app when trying to list on market getting error saying item no longer exists so can't be moved; any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Bought a draft token for 15k, picked my team, kicked off, opponent paused and I instantly disconnected and lost the game! No way it was my connection, 240meg wired, these guys have to be doing something on their end. What a waste!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

baldshin wrote: »
    Bought a draft token for 15k, picked my team, kicked off, opponent paused and I instantly disconnected and lost the game! No way it was my connection, 240meg wired, these guys have to be doing something on their end. What a waste!!!

Just to go back to the lag thing I didn't get to follow up on, it strikes me that because of the nature of the competition, the "cheaters" (for lack of a better term) are going there in numbers now. I've had significantly more "lag" playing draft than seasons, and its lag that always seems to benefit the opposition. :/

Its a real killer to invest that coin into something and then lose it immediately.

In other draft thoughts, I'm getting Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar in every. single. draft. They really need to look at the balance, especially if you choose a formation with no wingers and yet you're still getting loads of them to choose from. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just to go back to the lag thing I didn't get to follow up on, it strikes me that because of the nature of the competition, the "cheaters" (for lack of a better term) are going there in numbers now. I've had significantly more "lag" playing draft than seasons, and its lag that always seems to benefit the opposition. :/

Its a real killer to invest that coin into something and then lose it immediately.

In other draft thoughts, I'm getting Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar in every. single. draft. They really need to look at the balance, especially if you choose a formation with no wingers and yet you're still getting loads of them to choose from. :/

Now I know this was probably a coincidence but I was playing the final of a Draft completely lag free & was 2-0 down at half time. I pulled one back with 10 minutes to go having been on top the entire half & suddenly the game goes to crap. It lagged every 2 seconds & made it impossible for me to string passes together while the other chap seemed to be grand. Could the person I was against have deliberately throttled their connection or was this just unfortunate timing?

Now I know this was probably a coincidence but I was playing the final of a Draft completely lag free & was 2-0 down at half time. I pulled one back with 10 minutes to go having been on top the entire half & suddenly the game goes to crap. It lagged every 2 seconds & made it impossible for me to string passes together while the other chap seemed to be grand. Could the person I was against have deliberately throttled their connection or was this just unfortunate timing?

I think it is possible ive noticed it alot too, i was playing a guy last night and he got a man sent off while leaing a goal to nill and same as yourself it went laggy couldnt do a thing and he just passed the ball about the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I've played over 30 drafts, and I've rarely not got Ronaldo. Between the 3 versions of him I've used him prob 20 times. Messi about 10 times I'd say.

I think I've had the choice of Neymar and Sanchez in every draft. Even if they didn't fit, they're a handy impact sub.

I've had Hazard once, Ibra once, Robben once, Bale once and Ibra once. Never had Suarez, Thiago Silva, Pogba, Reus, Boateng. Never had regular Aguero but had the Hero card ~5 times.

I can see why they give Ronaldo/Messi every time, it's so the kids and people who will never get the big players can have a chance with the big players. It's just disappointing for us who are really into the game that it's just a who's Ronaldo is better mode.

And with player prices coming down all the time, the draft won't be worth it soon enough

I have stopped picking Ronnie and Messi now anyway, since I can't get far with them.

Running one at the moment and I have IF Suarez and Hero Ibra. Goals. Goals everywhere. Two wins down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Do you still get fairly decent packs as prizes in draft?

I had to stop playing draft it was messing up my win ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I've played over 30 drafts, and I've rarely not got Ronaldo. Between the 3 versions of him I've used him prob 20 times. Messi about 10 times I'd say.

I think I've had the choice of Neymar and Sanchez in every draft. Even if they didn't fit, they're a handy impact sub.

I've had Hazard once, Ibra once, Robben once, Bale once and Ibra once. Never had Suarez, Thiago Silva, Pogba, Reus, Boateng. Never had regular Aguero but had the Hero card ~5 times.

I can see why they give Ronaldo/Messi every time, it's so the kids and people who will never get the big players can have a chance with the big players. It's just disappointing for us who are really into the game that it's just a who's Ronaldo is better mode.

And with player prices coming down all the time, the draft won't be worth it soon enough

I'd say it has more to do with enticing punters to buy points in the hope of getting Ronaldo or Messi than actually giving you a chance to play with a big player. EA's primary concern is revenue so they're constantly thinking of ways to make gamers part with cash. Drafts is a pretty good idea from their perspective because it gives punters a chance to play with the top players and makes them feel attainable from packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I've not given the draft a go yet - how does it work? I draft my team, play online and am rewarded with a player pack depending on how well I've done?

Am I wasting my time playing or should I expect to get some actually useful players? Because in years of buying packs I can count the number of worthwhile finds on my hands!!

This year I got two IFs. Both Samuel Umtiti from Lyon...

Do you still get fairly decent packs as prizes in draft?

Imo, not really. They say you get 15k worth of packs even if you lose the first game, but they value things like a pack which gives you a legend on loan for 3 games at 5k. You do get better as you get more wins, but I'm only spending coins on it now cause I know I can make 15k without too much hassle by trading or staying up in my divisions.
    I've not given the draft a go yet - how does it work? I draft my team, play online and am rewarded with a player pack depending on how well I've done?

Am I wasting my time playing or should I expect to get some actually useful players? Because in years of buying packs I can count the number of worthwhile finds on my hands!!

This year I got two IFs. Both Samuel Umtiti from Lyon...

Packs are the same packs you'd get if you just spent the coins on packs, by and large. Just that if you can win a game or two, you can get a few more. Over 4 drafts done yesterday and today, I got Schwinesteger and pretty much nothing else in packs. But if you're like me, and spend winnings from seasons on packs, it's probably more worthwhile to do a draft and then get the packs from it than just to buy normally. Still a low chance of getting anything though.

But yeah, you pick a formation, pick a starting 11, pick your 12 bench players, pick a manager. Then it's basically a four-round cup. You get packs even if you lose the first game (typically two normal golds and a "special" pack, like a silver players pack or a loan pack with a higher rated player in it for a few games). More you win, better packs you get.

There is an offline mode too, same entry fee, easier to win on easier difficulties (obviously) but I think the prizes are really cut back so as to stop people farming packs offline.

• Advertisement

Packs are the same packs you'd get if you just spent the coins on packs, by and large. Just that if you can win a game or two, you can get a few more. Over 4 drafts done yesterday and today, I got Schwinesteger and pretty much nothing else in packs. But if you're like me, and spend winnings from seasons on packs, it's probably more worthwhile to do a draft and then get the packs from it than just to buy normally. Still a low chance of getting anything though.

But yeah, you pick a formation, pick a starting 11, pick your 12 bench players, pick a manager. Then it's basically a four-round cup. You get packs even if you lose the first game (typically two normal golds and a "special" pack, like a silver players pack or a loan pack with a higher rated player in it for a few games). More you win, better packs you get.

There is an offline mode too, same entry fee, easier to win on easier difficulties (obviously) but I think the prizes are really cut back so as to stop people farming packs offline.

Might have to give this a go so, cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anybody having any problems finding a game? Literally been searching for 45 mins, and haven't found a single opponent. Reset the router already and still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

v3ttel wrote: »
    Anybody having any problems finding a game? Literally been searching for 45 mins, and haven't found a single opponent. Reset the router already and still the same.

Just played few games myself, no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

have ea stopped running online tournaments so ppl will have to play the draft(rake in cash) only one so far this year, maybe im mistaken but there used to be different ones each week, which was great chance to build different teams also handy for trading if a player you stocked up on was a key player for whatever tournament was on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The tournaments are nowhere as regular as last FIFA but they are still there. An MLS Online/Offline one starts tonight. They seem to start on Friday eveing and run over the weekend. There was one last weekend called Monster with no restrictions.

Got lucky last night and happened to go on pretty soon after the MLS one appeared in upcoming the Tournaments. Put together a good team pretty cheaply but prices were rising really quickly as I was doing so. Bought 7 Rimando's ( the only gold MLS GK ) bought them for around 1500 coins average. Sold two overnight for 5900, still have 4 to sell. Bought one extra Ciman as well ( gold CB ) and made 4000 coins on him overnight. Easy coins for being in the right place at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

pity I didn't spot that last night gonna be tough to field an mls squad prices will go sky high, must keep an eye out on thurs evenings for the upcoming tournaments

Does it make much difference playing a RM at LM or vice versa?

On a losing streak with my BBVA team so switching back to a Budesliga, now I can afford Lewandowski. Want wingers, but can't afford Reus, and Schurrle doesn't look that impressive. Wondering if I grab Douglas Costa and play him in LM, with a 5 chem, will it hurt him badly...

On a losing streak with my BBVA team so switching back to a Budesliga, now I can afford Lewandowski. Want wingers, but can't afford Reus, and Schurrle doesn't look that impressive. Wondering if I grab Douglas Costa and play him in LM, with a 5 chem, will it hurt him badly...

Im playing cuadrado in my bbva team and he is only 6 chem he still getting goals i dont think it matters too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Try Kostic 4 star Skill moves with the Avoids Using Weaker Foot ( 2 star ), Flair, Dribbler - Speed Dribbler traits. However he is left footed so getting in crosses would be easy but cutting inside on his right to shoot might not. 89 pace.

• Advertisement

I've found it to be way less of an issue in the past. I have a French national side with Theo Walcott as my right mid because the French don't have much in that department. He is out performing Nasri on the left who is a 10 chemistry, Walcott is just 5.

Advertisement