Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Liamalone wrote: »
    100k Jumbo rare players packs in store. 24 rare gold players mmmmm

Are these any good? Would it be worth my investment or am I throwing coins away only to unpack Jan Vertonghen or someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Are these any good? Would it be worth my investment or am I throwing coins away only to unpack Jan Vertonghen or someone?

Total waste. Card values are so low at the moment it's extremely unlikely you'd come close to breaking even. Probably about 20-30 cards that would be worth pulling. Stay away would be my advice.

Invest when prices are at rock bottom and you'll be a lot happier.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Total waste. Card values are so low at the moment it's extremely unlikely you'd come close to breaking even. Probably about 20-30 cards that would be worth pulling. Stay away would be my advice.

Invest when prices are at rock bottom and you'll be a lot happier.

Will do so, thanks very much!

I had notions about finding a Luis Suarez in a pack or something... But I know damn well I'd be lucky to get a Mario Suarez!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I opened one, best player was Terry who goes for 1600.

Not a single other good player. Almost literally 24 discard players.

Packs are too expensive even at this stage for the amount of players worth packing and your odds

I know these packs are free and I shouldn't complain too much, but all I've gotten from the app in the last few days are bronze item packs. It's not even worth logging in for!

• Advertisement

I know these packs are free and I shouldn't complain too much, but all I've gotten from the app in the last few days are bronze item packs. It's not even worth logging in for!

The tournaments have even sh1t rewards, none of them are worth paying

5k for winning against legendary

2k for todays new tournaments which you need 7 Swansea players

I get that if they gave rewards of 15/20k then it would inflate the market, but could they not give an untradeable 50k pack like they done last year ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Id say for the week thats in it they will be a pretty good totw this week. Bale is a cert to be in form, id reckon they will throw ozil in there too but i dont think di maria will get a third inform in space of 2 weeks but it is possible. That lad that tore pool apart ighalo will be in.

Any other ideas who be in??

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id say for the week thats in it they will be a pretty good totw this week. Bale is a cert to be in form, id reckon they will throw ozil in there too but i dont think di maria will get a third inform in space of 2 weeks but it is possible. That lad that tore pool apart ighalo will be in.

Any other ideas who be in??

I don't think you can be in the totw twice in a row, Di Maria was in totgs and then the totw so that's why he has 2 so close together

I'm a little annoyed Bale will be in the totw, there's gonna be tons of packs opened over christmas, but no regular Bale's driving his price down

Benzema got a hat trick so he'll be in I'd say, Ozil probably after 2 assists last night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The tournaments have even sh1t rewards, none of them are worth paying

5k for winning against legendary

2k for todays new tournaments which you need 7 Swansea players

I get that if they gave rewards of 15/20k then it would inflate the market, but could they not give an untradeable 50k pack like they done last year ffs

They really need to reexamine coin prizes for competitions now, at least with cups, as well as cost of packs. They've worked hard to utterly nuke player prices, but that means packs just aren't worth a fraction of what they used to be.

**** me, I got Hulk for 5k two days ago. Me and Jayo were talking about him a few months back as a player we had to save up for!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They really need to reexamine coin prizes for competitions now, at least with cups, as well as cost of packs. They've worked hard to utterly nuke player prices, but that means packs just aren't worth a fraction of what they used to be.

**** me, I got Hulk for 5k two days ago. Me and Jayo were talking about him a few months back as a player we had to save up for!

I like prices being low, but I also love packs and playing the draft, but they're just not worth it with so few players of value. Like you said with Hulk, you'd make your money back on a 7.5k pack with him.

Come tots the only player worth 10k will be Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Come tots the only player worth 10k will be Ronaldo

If only

I don't think you can be in the totw twice in a row, Di Maria was in totgs and then the totw so that's why he has 2 so close together

I'm a little annoyed Bale will be in the totw, there's gonna be tons of packs opened over christmas, but no regular Bale's driving his price down

Benzema got a hat trick so he'll be in I'd say, Ozil probably after 2 assists last night

Nope they dont give totw two weeks in row but EA been EA they have done alot of stuff this year they have never done before so you just never know.

Forgot about benzema yhh he could get in too. Im going mad for a bbva midfielder to get in to give me another option bloody isco was a rw when they put him inform.

Bales price is already lowest then it has been in years, id say his price will still drop alot more even tho he aint in packs people will be trying to get rid and panick selling players.

We cant go on last years experience as guides or ideas as we never ever know what ea will do. You said a few weeks ago you were doing a spreadsheet to help you next year id nearly guarantee you that you can delete that now it will be very little help.

What u think of hulk? I found him terrible i was really disappointed with him his weak foot really lets him down.

What u think of hulk? I found him terrible i was really disappointed with him his weak foot really lets him down.

Only played 3 games with him so far (I'm still banging through Fallout at the moment), but yeah, nothing special. I think if you could convert him to a striker, he'd be better, in the more central role, but as a winger, his stats don't seem to link up with his position.

Might try forcing the more central position, see how I get on. There's a severe lack of Brazilian strikers; I'm using a repositioned Taison but he's not been great....

Only played 3 games with him so far (I'm still banging through Fallout at the moment), but yeah, nothing special. I think if you could convert him to a striker, he'd be better, in the more central role, but as a winger, his stats don't seem to link up with his position.

Might try forcing the more central position, see how I get on. There's a severe lack of Brazilian strikers; I'm using a repositioned Taison but he's not been great....

Said it a few times but im using in form anderson as a striker in my seria team i love him. His price wil drop too in next few days.

I'm using his normal card on the left wing and liking him. Will probably try that next.

You have a chance to use IF Hernandez yet? With the way prices have dropped in the Bundesliga, I'm tempted to drop the 50k on him and have some fun with him.

I'm using his normal card on the left wing and liking him. Will probably try that next.

You have a chance to use IF Hernandez yet? With the way prices have dropped in the Bundesliga, I'm tempted to drop the 50k on him and have some fun with him.

Not yet no im currently saving for messi so I've sold up all my spare players from bundesleague and consumables seems to be actually going ok now so I'm up to about 850k when I get him I might dabble into the bundesleague teams again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Not yet no im currently saving for messi so I've sold up all my spare players from bundesleague and consumables seems to be actually going ok now so I'm up to about 850k when I get him I might dabble into the bundesleague teams again.

I've noticed the squad fitness have picked up since the patch that sorted the fatigue, alright..

astradave wrote: »
    I've noticed the squad fitness have picked up since the patch that sorted the fatigue, alright..

Thats it exactly but shhhhh we wont talk about it too much ha :)

Edit: just on the fatigue subject ive changed both my teams to 41212(2) formation using central midfielders and my players seem to be lasting alot better. This is probably down to the fact i can actually pass tge ball better with 4 midfielders snd the team aint spread out as much with no really wide players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,548 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thats it exactly but shhhhh we wont talk about it too much ha :)

Edit: just on the fatigue subject ive changed both my teams to 41212(2) formation using central midfielders and my players seem to be lasting alot better. This is probably down to the fact i can actually pass tge ball better with 4 midfielders snd the team aint spread out as much with no really wide players.

Must try that one out, Ive been using 41212 with wide players and Schweini is a beast at the base, I rather play a passing game though so will have to see how it fairs. You probably need 2 full backs with plenty of stamina?

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Must try that one out, Ive been using 41212 with wide players and Schweini is a beast at the base, I rather play a passing game though so will have to see how it fairs. You probably need 2 full backs with plenty of stamina?

Yhh full backs need to be good they are very often x posed but they aint so expensive to get a good one now, the reason I tried it out was because I couldn't choose two midfielders from pogba, machisio, nainggolin and Guarin so I said I'd throw them all in haha.

Happy Christmas ultimate teamers hopefully we get a good price crash in next couple days id love to get messi for 700k ha. 35kr787.jpg

8 games without a in now :(

Im 6 without win in div 3 i think ive lost the dressing room.

It's not even I feel I am fighting the game. Just a string of players who are outs killing me massively :(

Frustrates me how differently Bale is handling in FUT than in seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Having a decent patch with my cheap bpl team. 3-2-1 in div 2 so hoping to keep it up and get into div 1.

The one loss came against a team rated 78 but was clearly bronze benching. Couldn't string two passes together and was 4-0 down after 10 mins. Was an anomaly thankfully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I just got my arse handed to me by some lad using a team worth 5K with no chemistry. The score was only 2-1, but it felt like he dominated from start to finish.

My players couldn't even put two passes together, everything was mis-controlled by my players. Every time I tackled, it was a foul (I gave away 10 fouls without using the tackle button once!), or the ball would rebound to him.

It's like he was using my 100 chem team and my teams stats, and I had his. Something definitely not right anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cricket 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Yeah this FIFA is worse than 2015. It doesn't look like these things can be fixed by a patch.

• Advertisement

Making nice tidy profit all day and bloody servers go down grrrrhhhhhh

Advertisement