Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 16

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

alwald wrote: »
    What's the story with the draft team, I had a token for a team and I used it for single games (so no online tournaments), can I play with this draft team an unlimited number of matches? if yes will I win packs/coins with all the matches? I am just trying to figure out what's the best possible scenario for me :D.

Afaik, you "lose" the team once you lose a match. You build the team, play for as many games as you can win up to 4 games, and then get a reward based on how many you won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Any cards that are of any use will rise from the prices they're at now, and should rise a lot after the initial pack surge at the start of fifa

People love pace chemistry cards like hunter, catalyst and shadow. These are a safe investment atm I think

Some of the top players are going cheaper now than they will be when the game comes out, they're being priced low because people just want to get coins now, so there can be value to be had now if you have a good amount of coins

Thanks man. The position change and chemistry cards are very dear atm. Couldn't even afford one haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Played my first draft match there, won it then list the 2nd one. Got a premium gold pack , a normal gold pack and a silver players pack. Best I got was Aaron lennon :(

In the 2nd draft game I played aswel your man had 3 shots on target and 3 goals. I had 10 on target and no goal including a few 1 on 1s. Bit annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just won the 4 games in the on line draft got a premium players pack and a mega pack

gotthebug wrote: »
    Just won the 4 games in the on line draft got a premium players pack and a mega pack

What you get in them? Do you get your coins back too after winning? I guess yours was played with a token though.

How hard was it? I assume it's pure luck on the opposition faced unlike season..you know you're in for a tough game in the low divisions and most likely playing a 7 year old when I division 10 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone else having trouble getting in to FUT at all?

I can't get past the confirm name screen, keeps telling me my team name or abbreviation contains a censored word (it 100% doesn't, have tried all sorts of plain boring crap!)

Seems to have been a similar problem last year that was fixed by changing the team name in the Web app, but have tried that and not working for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

My Portuguese league team was shocking so I sold the lot! Bought myself a bundesliga team yesterday and changed up to 433 (which seems to be the most popular formation this year)

Reinartz with 86 physical in DM is brilliant albeit his pace is in the 50s. Nastasic is non rare but a great centreback. Zieler has good stats for a non rare GK but he wasn't great so I got in Benaglio. Yet to use him. Couldn't find any cheap wingers so had to use LM and RMs. Got vargas and elyounossi who again have great stats but they weren't great. Brought in Draxler and the speed demon Hermann so hopefully they're better. Valdivia and Bender In CM with Bernat at full back (another non rare). I've Castaignos up front but am going to try out Kruse in there purely to give Draxler 10 chemistry.

BPL teams are so expensive as usual so I've stayed away from them.

Is the full release tomorrow?

Trying to sell up my trade pile before the presumed price crash once everyone starts playing. Pretty much doubled my 50k over the weekend on Ashley Youngs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody get the Companion app on iPhone to work? Once I log in all I get is three info screens

How you guys have thousands of coins is beyond me. Every time u see a tipped player to bulk buy, he's already at a huge price and not worth it. I looked at countless tutorials and still can't get my head around it or in too late in getting the tips. Fair play to you lot who are master traders, it must make fut loads of fun being able to afford great teams!

I'm very open to tips landing in my inbox...hint hint :cool:

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    How you guys have thousands of coins is beyond me. Every time u see a tipped player to bulk buy, he's already at a huge price and not worth it. I looked at countless tutorials and still can't get my head around it or in too late in getting the tips. Fair play to you lot who are master traders, it must make fut loads of fun being able to afford great teams!

I used to trade in fifa 12 and 13 when I was in college and had more time but I've given up on it now. You should buy the coin bonuses in the EA store. I'm getting a bonus 1000 coins per game now for about 20 games

Colemania wrote: »
    I used to trade in fifa 12 and 13 when I was in college and had more time but I've given up on it now. You should buy the coin bonuses in the EA store. I'm getting a bonus 1000 coins per game now for about 20 games

Yeah I plan to. I remember doing that last year in my brief UT addiction.

I people bulk buy players when here due for a inform card. How do people know someone is due a inform? Or is it TOTW I'm on about?

Would buying said player in bulk and applying a chemistry or position change on them = profit when the TOTW is announced?

Yeah I plan to. I remember doing that last year in my brief UT addiction.

I people bulk buy players when here due for a inform card. How do people know someone is due a inform? Or is it TOTW I'm on about?

Would buying said player in bulk and applying a chemistry or position change on them = profit when the TOTW is announced?

Not too knowledgeable on this tactic but ya as far as I know, the original cards will not appear in packs while the in forms are out so they become rare and therefore more expensive.

And yes, TOTW are informs. I remember when CMs were rarely used so I would buy players like De Rossi and KP Boateng for cheap, apply the CM to CDM/CAM cards to them, and then sell for a couple of grand profit!

The problem with "tipped players" is the second they get named on any site, they become useless, since everyone goes after that player. Its why, in general, I won't post a name until I'm pretty much done with the player. I've sold about 20 Youngs over the last few days, bought a load at 3k and sold for 5k. Can't restock now, cause minimum is 5k.

Chose Young because...
    1. Man United player, so will be in high demand.
    2. High enough pace & dribbling.
    3. There's a big lack of decent LM players in the BPL this season.

Before that, I had Okazaki. Chosen cause he's a falvour of the month. Sold about 15 of him buying at 450 coins, sold at 900 coins.

The main "trick" is to invest into 10 or so of a card, and list them all at the same time. Can really be any card, once you're confident its one people will buy, as many people won't bother checking beyond the first page of a card on the market. If they see all 10 on the front page are roughly the same price (vary the price a bit; 850-950, so it doesn't look all the same seller). So make sure you've got all the cards on the first page.

The best investments seem to be "Discard IF" players; IF players you can get for 10k or so (who, if they don't sell, you can discard for 99% of your coins back). Buy 10 cards for 10k each, list for 20k. When one sells, buy another for 10k. Focus on "fresh" cards (ones with 7 contract, 99 fitness; for some reason, these always sell for more, cause people want to be the first person to use a card for some reason). The joy as well is even if you're sitting on them for a few weeks, once they leave packs, their prices actually go up naturally as well. Usually, "discards" are risk free as a result.

You can, as you build funds, try going after more expensive players; I made a killing on IF De Gea last year, buying for 50k, selling for 90k. But discards can be safer; if you have 50 cards, with a profit of 5k on each one, and you're selling enough regularly, it can fund teams easily.

I'll probably look to grab some IF Naismiths when the game launches proper and his price drops. An IF BPL player will sell. Want to nab him for 10k, try and sell for 20k.

I really only got into it last year (trading) but it was awesome. At one stage, I had a front line of Ronaldo/Messi/Bale :P And that was only trading on and off up till they got rid of the web app. Going at it harder this year now thats back. :) It was great being able to buy a top level team, play a few games, and then just sell them off knowing it was a "risk free" experiment :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The problem with "tipped players" is the second they get named on any site, they become useless, since everyone goes after that player. Its why, in general, I won't post a name until I'm pretty much done with the player. I've sold about 20 Youngs over the last few days, bought a load at 3k and sold for 5k. Can't restock now, cause minimum is 5k.

Chose Young because...
    1. Man United player, so will be in high demand.
    2. High enough pace & dribbling.
    3. There's a big lack of decent LM players in the BPL this season.

Before that, I had Okazaki. Chosen cause he's a falvour of the month. Sold about 15 of him buying at 450 coins, sold at 900 coins.

The main "trick" is to invest into 10 or so of a card, and list them all at the same time. Can really be any card, once you're confident its one people will buy, as many people won't bother checking beyond the first page of a card on the market. If they see all 10 on the front page are roughly the same price (vary the price a bit; 850-950, so it doesn't look all the same seller). So make sure you've got all the cards on the first page.

The best investments seem to be "Discard IF" players; IF players you can get for 10k or so (who, if they don't sell, you can discard for 99% of your coins back). Buy 10 cards for 10k each, list for 20k. When one sells, buy another for 10k. Focus on "fresh" cards (ones with 7 contract, 99 fitness; for some reason, these always sell for more, cause people want to be the first person to use a card for some reason). The joy as well is even if you're sitting on them for a few weeks, once they leave packs, their prices actually go up naturally as well. Usually, "discards" are risk free as a result.

You can, as you build funds, try going after more expensive players; I made a killing on IF De Gea last year, buying for 50k, selling for 90k. But discards can be safer; if you have 50 cards, with a profit of 5k on each one, and you're selling enough regularly, it can fund teams easily.

I'll probably look to grab some IF Naismiths when the game launches proper and his price drops. An IF BPL player will sell. Want to nab him for 10k, try and sell for 20k.

I really only got into it last year (trading) but it was awesome. At one stage, I had a front line of Ronaldo/Messi/Bale :P And that was only trading on and off up till they got rid of the web app. Going at it harder this year now thats back. :) It was great being able to buy a top level team, play a few games, and then just sell them off knowing it was a "risk free" experiment :D

thanks for the detailed guide. ill make sure ill use your tips. i guess once you get into trading, it all becomes so easy. for a fut beginner, its daunting lol.

so lets say a player is doing amazing in the next few games, i should buy loads of him and sell him off by filling a page or two full of him. people will want him as he is doign well in real life..that the gist of it? ive like 7k once i sell my players so i will be doign some pretty low level trading. i just find it hard to know when and who to buy before their value goes up.

thanks for the detailed guide. ill make sure ill use your tips. i guess once you get into trading, it all becomes so easy. for a fut beginner, its daunting lol.

so lets say a player is doing amazing in the next few games, i should buy loads of him and sell him off by filling a page or two full of him. people will want him as he is doign well in real life..that the gist of it? ive like 7k once i sell my players so i will be doign some pretty low level trading. i just find it hard to know when and who to buy before their value goes up.

This time last year, I was like you. Had never traded. Personally felt like only people who got coins through dodgy means could build super teams. But it was just a case of finding a method that worked for me, and the Discard IFs did :) I don't have many stories about guessing values before they sky rocket, cause its a bigger risk; with the discard method, its more about artificially boosting value of players because people want them black cards. :pac:

Once the game comes out, it will be all IFs for me, and thats it. But I know a lot of people make money off consumables, with the same method. Buy a load of, for example, gold contracts for 500 coins, list them all at 1000 coins. People NEED contracts, there's no way round them, so they can be a smaller but safer options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Time for my daily gift bronze pack.

Edit: Oh look, a bronze pack again. Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Another way to get started is using similar method to tsc but with consumables they are cheaper and less risk if you pick a type that sells for maybe 500 or 600 i started last year on pace cards bought tons of them for lowest buy now price add couple hundred on to them and re list them a few days of that you could easily get uto 50k ten move on to more expensive players or chemistry cards.

The biggest mistake people make is not having patience, just because a card dont sell in the morning dont just give up on it becuse it could sell like hotcakes in the evening when everyone is online or visa versa some cards are more expensive at different times of the day.

Trading in ultimate team is arguably the most fun part of the game especially when you are in the higher divisions and you keep playing against nerds and people that just abuse you or make game downright painful.

I was playing some dick last night that went to the effort of writing down my username and sending me a private message after the game to wish my family dead and a life of pain just because i beat him by a goal in last Minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

v3ttel wrote: »
    Time for my daily gift bronze pack.

Edit: Oh look, a bronze pack again. Great.

Same :(

the contracts and pace boost methods seem to be safe enough. i think ill start off doing that. part of the reason why i never usually stick with ut and go off to seasons instead is because im playing amazing teams and ive aload of ****e players. hopefully with all the great tips above i can actually compete teamwise!

youre all aload of Gordon Gekkos and Jordan Belforts :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hey TSC......sell me this pen! :P

the contracts and pace boost methods seem to be safe enough. i think ill start off doing that. part of the reason why i never usually stick with ut and go off to seasons instead is because im playing amazing teams and ive aload of ****e players. hopefully with all the great tips above i can actually compete teamwise!

youre all aload of Gordon Gekkos and Jordan Belforts :P

Dont start yet tho because the consumables prices are all over the place but saying that on ps4 the silver all skils trainer cards well selling for 250 today they will surely go up to about 600 when demand come in.

Kirby wrote: »
    Hey TSC......sell me this pen! :P

You joke but...

I've not actually admitting this to anyone yet, but following my success and enjoyment trading on Fifa last Autumn, I decided to try and apply the same principals to the real world. I started up my own little business selling stuff online, and its going pretty well so far. Same basic theory (buy stuff for Y price, sell for Yx2), and its working out so far. And it was all down to having a whale of a time trading on Fifa :pac:

jayo26 wrote: »
    Dont start yet tho because the consumables prices are all over the place but saying that on ps4 the silver all skils trainer cards well selling for 250 today they will surely go up to about 600 when demand come in.

When do you think the demand eill come in? When the yanks get their hand on the game during tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

so had about 8k coins from gifts. built a cheap Serie A team of non-rare golds. still about 3k left. Anyone know how long gifts will last?

When do you think the demand eill come in? When the yanks get their hand on the game during tonight?

It probably varies mate some cards could go down in price because the market be flooded with cards and other cards may go up because everyone be wanting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Nolars wrote: »
    so had about 8k coins from gifts. built a cheap Serie A team of non-rare golds. still about 3k left. Anyone know how long gifts will last?

Till the end of the weekend I say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Might sell the Alaba i got in the opening pack, seems to be going for a decent amount of coins...

jayo26 wrote: »
    It probably varies mate some cards could go down in price because the market be flooded with cards and other cards may go up because everyone be wanting them.

Cheers. I won 1 and am currently winning 9 others ranging from 200-250 coins. I'll try selling them all at ice when I wake up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Any tips for someone starting FUT for first time this week

Advertisement